Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 402

12 members and 390 guests
Most users ever online was 5,577, 11-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

Amandrews (25)

» Stats

Members: 66,304
Threads: 241,067
Posts: 2,503,838
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Pine
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 123
  1. #101
    Registered User bcampos's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-16-2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Images: 4

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    I do agree with you on the latter though.
    I agree with your agreement on the latter part as well....

    There I said it.
    -Camp

    0.0.1 Normal
    0.1 Spider

    "...and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin


  2. #102
    BPnet Senior Member joepythons's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-03-2005
    Posts
    12,500
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 888 Posts
    Images: 1

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    I do not understand all the complaining in this thread .I see it like this.If the mods and admins see a need to update the rules here then so be it.We are thier guests and if you dont like the rules here then HIT THE ROAD JACK .Now back to the REAL reasons to be here
    Joe Haggard

  3. #103
    No One of Consequence wilomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-18-2007
    Posts
    5,063
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Images: 109

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    [QUOTE=wilomn;698782][QUOTE=MelissaFlipski;698666]

    Bcampos and Wilomn, you are both looking like you're inciting each other. I am GLAD I am not an admin or mod - making the infraction calls is going to be a tough one.

    If asking for clarification of a definitive statement is inciting, then have at it.

    I do agree with you on the latter though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcampos View Post
    I agree with your agreement on the latter part as well....

    There I said it.
    What are you agreeing with?

    I was agreeing with melissa that I too am glad she's not a mod. Is that what you were agreeing with me on?

    You're not exactly clear on what you try to say when you write your thoughts out.

    Do you re-read what you write to see if it might not make sense to someone reading it who does not have access to the inner monologue you have going or do you just type and submit?
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

  4. #104
    BPnet Veteran Argentra's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-28-2007
    Location
    Getting by in Kent, WA :D
    Posts
    3,575
    Thanks
    375
    Thanked 325 Times in 234 Posts
    Images: 36

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    Hey, I'm all for this new system. After all, this site and its forums are, First and Foremost, a place for people to come and learn about snake and other reptile keeping. With this new system, a newbie just coming on could see the 'negative' as well as positive aspects of the members and thus, for example, would be able to make even more educated decisions on whether to talk to a person, take their advice, or try to do business with them.

    It's very important, especially on a site that gets this many lurkers and guests, to be able to tell the genuine, sound and valuable advice from the jokes, fake advice, and messing around stuff. Everyone messes around from time to time, of course, but those who do so regularly should be identified somehow to help scared and ignorant newbies realize that their words may not be true.

    This site has been incredibly helpful to me...the best I've ever found. And, in addition to great advice, it's a wonderful place to hang out swapping stories and sharing opinions. To keep it that way for others, lots of work has to be done by the admin and mods...including ways to enforce the rules. It's a tough never ending job but someone has to do it.

    Kudos to the Admin! Keep up the good work!
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

    1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'




  5. #105
    BPnet Veteran MelissaFlipski's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-10-2007
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,312
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Images: 55

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    I was agreeing with melissa that I too am glad she's not a mod.
    Are you trying to incite me? Well, you're lucky it doesn't work; or you'd get infraction points!

  6. #106
    No One of Consequence wilomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-18-2007
    Posts
    5,063
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Images: 109

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaFlipski View Post
    Are you trying to incite me? Well, you're lucky it doesn't work; or you'd get infraction points!
    Try this site, you and campos both. www.dictionary.com.

    If by agreeing with what you state I am trying to incite you, then I think you and I use different definitions of the word incite, much as campos seems to use one definition of communism to himself and another non-understandable one to others.

    Also, are you saying that if I had "incited" you, I'd get points for that?

    If you're not on the team, not a mod, not an admin, how do you get to decide who gets points.

    Good heavens, try to have a conversation and people run away, agree with someone else and she gets mad. What is going on here?

    Madness, I tell ya, madness.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

  7. #107
    Registered User bcampos's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-16-2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Images: 4

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Try this site, you and campos both. www.dictionary.com.

    If by agreeing with what you state I am trying to incite you, then I think you and I use different definitions of the word incite, much as campos seems to use one definition of communism to himself and another non-understandable one to others.

    Also, are you saying that if I had "incited" you, I'd get points for that?

    If you're not on the team, not a mod, not an admin, how do you get to decide who gets points.

    Good heavens, try to have a conversation and people run away, agree with someone else and she gets mad. What is going on here?

    Madness, I tell ya, madness.
    Hey Wilomn... Take a chill pill, relax, have a drink or something...... You need to calm down man... You're getting all worked up over a disagreement and posting 3 paragraph responses looking for another disagreement. Besides, I dont like dictionary.com, I prefer to use the book.

    It's all in fun man.... relax
    -Camp

    0.0.1 Normal
    0.1 Spider

    "...and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin


  8. #108
    Registered User bcampos's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-16-2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Images: 4

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    [QUOTE=wilomn;698997][QUOTE=wilomn;698782]
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaFlipski View Post

    Bcampos and Wilomn, you are both looking like you're inciting each other. I am GLAD I am not an admin or mod - making the infraction calls is going to be a tough one.



    What are you agreeing with?

    I was agreeing with melissa that I too am glad she's not a mod. Is that what you were agreeing with me on?

    You're not exactly clear on what you try to say when you write your thoughts out.

    Do you re-read what you write to see if it might not make sense to someone reading it who does not have access to the inner monologue you have going or do you just type and submit?
    Look at how much you are disecting my responses... I just put out a few things; all to have you try to tear it all apart. Because you are getting so mad and upset over it, I will not go back and forth with you point for point. With that: Hopefully your persistant questions will stop. I'm not being clear anymore because I don't want to you to ask any more critical questions, I feel that I should stop talking to you on this thread.

    What am I agreeing with you ask?? Nothing at all, it was a vague runaround because I think we all have gone well beyond the initial topic of the new infraction system.

    It was more of a light joke to ease the tention....

    Remember-- It's all in the hips yeah, it's all in the hips....
    -Camp

    0.0.1 Normal
    0.1 Spider

    "...and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin


  9. #109
    No One of Consequence wilomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-18-2007
    Posts
    5,063
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Images: 109

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by bcampos View Post
    Hey Wilomn... Take a chill pill, relax, have a drink or something...... You need to calm down man... You're getting all worked up over a disagreement and posting 3 paragraph responses looking for another disagreement. Besides, I dont like dictionary.com, I prefer to use the book.

    It's all in fun man.... relax
    Dude, if this is worked up then death must be next. My breathing is slow and even, pulse rate is low, barely paying attention at all.

    I just found your comments interesting. Especially the fact that you seem to use words to not say what you mean and then you get all flustered when one of your confuzzled readers askes you for clarification.

    I suppose if you don't want to clarify anything there are two obvious avenues open. One is to simply stop posting but I don't really see you doing that. The other is for you to post more concisely, actually using words that represent what you are trying to say instead of the concept of which you have poor, at best, grasp of. I see that as more likely, but not really effective since you don't really seem to care so much about whether or not a comment you make is understood so much as you do simply making the comment itself.

    You still haven't explained how you relate communism to this site, despite the fact that I'm calmly and politely asked you to several times.

    IF the ruling class, the mods and admins, work harder than the workers, we general members, how is that communist?

    Break out the book, have a drink, fire up the synapses, and explain what you mean.

    That or take you ball and go home again.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

  10. #110
    No One of Consequence wilomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-18-2007
    Posts
    5,063
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Images: 109

    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

    [QUOTE=bcampos;699185][QUOTE=wilomn;698997]
    Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post

    Look at how much you are disecting my responses... I just put out a few things; all to have you try to tear it all apart. Because you are getting so mad and upset over it, I will not go back and forth with you point for point. With that: Hopefully your persistant questions will stop. I'm not being clear anymore because I don't want to you to ask any more critical questions, I feel that I should stop talking to you on this thread.

    What am I agreeing with you ask?? Nothing at all, it was a vague runaround because I think we all have gone well beyond the initial topic of the new infraction system.

    It was more of a light joke to ease the tention....

    Remember-- It's all in the hips yeah, it's all in the hips....
    Translation:

    I got called to the mat for flapping my lips, didn't like it, couldn't take it, didn't know how to deal with it, so I took my ball and went home, which is what I'll do again if you guys keep being mean to me.

    Now I understand. You post stuff just to get folks talking, not meaning to make any sense. Well, you've succeeded.

    We're talking and you're not making any sense.

    Good job there little buckeroo, good job.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1