Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 561

0 members and 561 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983 View Post
    Funny thing is that you have to post in order for this policy to effect you.

If you just kept your mouth shut, your infraction level would have been zero. But you chose to post therefore the rule effected you.

How is someone that posts rarely going to be greatly effected by a policy related to the manner in which people post? It should not concern them unless the few posts that they make each month are all inappropriate.

I don't understand the issue with the policy. It is no different than the previous methods used by moderators/admin. It is just a different way of keeping track of the infractions.
    If you just kept your mouth shut, your infraction level would have been zero. But you chose to post therefore the rule effected you.

I'll keep My mouth shut for now on...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JASBALLS View Post

I'll keep My mouth shut for now on...
    I'll give 100 to 1 odds you can't.

LOL
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    I'll give 100 to 1 odds you can't.

LOL
    You WIN!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    I believe, as this post shows, that it was you who brought text books into a discussions about opinions and definitions.

Thank you for your disagreement.

Perhaps I missed you saying so, but I don't recall you mentioning anything about making a change in the new system. I did see complaining about it and broad generalizations relating it to communism which, other than a text book definition of, you don't seem overly familiar with.

Are you implying, since you haven't said so directly, that the mods and admins have a want, a need, a desire to elevate themselves above the general membership and that they do this by oppressing that membership? Are you saying that the mods and admins oppress the general membership by making rules that only the general members have to follow, that the mods and admins are immune from?

Or are you saying that there are some members here who need to inflate their worth, their self value, the value they have in the eyes of others, by oppressing those general members who are not mods and admins?

You can see that I am confused.

I am confused because it seem to me that those who enforce the rules, rules which are by and large in accordance with what the general population wants, are working far harder than the very general membership that you claim is oppressed.

How can this be?

Why can't you understand. I already said we are not going to agree on this. Why are you still hitting me with questions. WE DO NOT AGREE. It makes no sense for us to continue to push our side after so many posts.

You have my opinions, they are there in my posts. That is all.
    -Camp

0.0.1 Normal
    0.1 Spider

"...and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Rules are rules. I don't see any problems with any of these new ones. I'm actually glad to see them.
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcampos View Post
    Why can't you understand. I already said we are not going to agree on this. Why are you still hitting me with questions. WE DO NOT AGREE. It makes no sense for us to continue to push our side after so many posts.

You have my opinions, they are there in my posts. That is all.
    I am simply trying to figure out what it is that you are saying. You don't exactly make clear what you are trying to tell me we disagree about.

I now know the textbook definition of communism but it doesn't fit this site, which you have stated is becoming communistic.

How does that work?
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive View Post
    I am just wondering about "sexual innuendo" in the Breeding section. People regularly use terms like "sexy" to express their joy at snakes in general, I have noticed. Is this considered an infraction, I wonder? Or "my balls" (referring to BPs..) I hope that I don't get an infraction for this post; it is in the interest of learning the ropes.
    We think a lot alike! But I think we are safe in these cases; it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Loft Lizard View Post
    I may have lied. I think it only shows because it was edited?
    Bruce
    Go to the post, click on the red box showing that it was hit up for infraction and you will see the "why."
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/i...=view&p=696231
    But there is no easy way to know why someone has points unless they give us the link like you did.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    I don't disagree with enforcing the rules, in fact I like the way the rules have been spelled out a little more clearly. What I disagree with is the public punishment idea where everyone can see how many times you've been dinged, but not what it was for.
    I agree about showing why members have points. If you show the points, why not be able to click on their points and get a list of the infractions (w/ or w/out links to the posts). But then everyone will want to see members' rep points, too. Where does it end? Maybe I don't agree. Hmmm... something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983 View Post
    Glad to see the new policy. I hope it makes this forum much easier to moderate for the mods/admins and causes some people to reconsider making inappropriate post before they hit the reply button.
    Or, in the case of people who DON'T think twice about hitting "submit," I am glad they can be banned.

Bcampos and Wilomn, you are both looking like you're inciting each other. I am GLAD I am not an admin or mod - making the infraction calls is going to be a tough one.

The only question I am left with is about the fact that John (Jasballs) has infraction points showing "how close he is to being banned forever." Are there others in this category? I think I know of someone else who may deserve to be in that category but has no infraction points under his name. What if you leave and come back with a new name? Doesn't that count, too? (I am not insinuating, just curious.)

Thanks

Unhappy Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules

[QUOTE=MelissaFlipski;698666]

Bcampos and Wilomn, you are both looking like you're inciting each other. I am GLAD I am not an admin or mod - making the infraction calls is going to be a tough one.[QUOTE]

If asking for clarification of a definitive statement is inciting, then have at it.

I do agree with you on the latter though.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaFlipski View Post
    What if you leave and come back with a new name? Doesn't that count, too? (I am not insinuating, just curious.)
    That is covered in the original TOS rules, immediate banning again.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

The thing that must be remembered is we as staff are human and some of us have been doing this a very long time so it no surprise we can tell the difference between a true issue and a couple of friends having a little laugh. We are not mindless robots that will come after you at the drop of a hat. We have the ability and mental capacity to look at a situation and make a level headed informed decision about the issues at hand. Its what we have been doing all along this tool just helps us further keep this site running at full speed while still maintaining the ever growing population we are getting.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast