Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,605

0 members and 2,605 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: RI - antibiotics and success rates

Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    For what it's worth, I was about to pos rep your follow-up post because it included REAL information that anyone who wished could then ask their vet about. And then this lovely post followed on its heels. I don't have a problem with giving people all the information on something and letting them make their own choices....but this "psssssssst....I have a secret cure if you want to speak privately where no one else can see it"....not gonna fly with me.
    Let me get this straight. He isn't allowed to send the information via PM, because it is super secretive? On the other hand he posts it and gets neg repped right away.

Sounds like a neg rep was going his way either way.

Thanks

Let's everyone take a deep breath here.

Judy neg repped him for the pm offer, not for the info. That already got cleared up.

And excuse me for putting quotes around a paraphrase. My grammatical skills are off today.

OK, another deep breath.

BPnet Veteran MATT FISHER REPTILES's Avatar
    Thanks

wich in no way is it against the rules / tos to ask someone to use a pm you for more info.
    MATT FISHER REPTILES

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/74
    i keep about 105 balls. and a few boas. creasted and lepord geckos.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

I'm sorry but I can't allow this to stand unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT FISHER REPTILES View Post
    about the neg rep. no crap i posted it before she said anything. most people dont post that they gave out neg rep points.
    Also most people who feel they have been given one unfairly do not immediately post about it in the public forums but choose to follow the established and well publicised appeal procedure.

Have you lodged an official complaint or even privately asked for anyone to look into this aside from just posting in the wrong section giving incorrect information? In case you can't remember the answer is no.

The correct place for this discussion is here in the Quarantine room. Anyone who does not have access and wishes it should contact any of the admin staff.

i posted that she did to show how funny it is that 1 mod neg reped me for it and the other asked me to share more info.
    If you had shared the information in the first place in an open manner then there would not have been a neg rep - as stated already the neg rep was not for the information but for the way you went about trying to disseminate it.

so on.
    i am just relly glad that i got negative repd for saying that baytril dosnt work 100% of the time and tylan works good for me and others.
    You didn't and constantly repeating that you did will never change that fact.

well we all know what happend to the snake. i think we all need to be a little more open to others experiences. and not just shoot it down because it is a view different than your own. as judy said last night this site is a friendly place where all can feal at home and post different opinions. ( oh wait i posted my opinion and got a neg rep so i guess that was a load of crap)
    Again, no you didn't, it wasn't true the first time you said it and it will still not be true the hundredth time you say it.

i am not happy that the snake is dead. i just think it is a shame that we all could not be open minded to alternative cures.
    It is indeed a terrible thing that the animal didn't make it.

No one has acted against you for saying that under vetinary supervision other treatments may be as effective if not more so under certain circumstances. The only disagreement was how you initially chose to go about it.

wich in no way is it against the rules / tos to ask someone to use a pm you for more info.
    Which is why the post was not moderated in any way, shape or form - you got a neg rep which any member can give you if they disagree with something you have said or done.

However,

My main problem with all this is that it is dragging a perfectly innocent thread off topic when we have a stickied thread for precisely this sort of discussion that can be found here (for those who missed the link earlier )

If you feel the need to continue this discussion please use that thread.

For those who feel I may be being heavy handed in this matter please read this page paying particular attention to this paragraph;

Quote Originally Posted by Rep System Revived
    -- Complaints about Neg Reps -- A new thread will be started and stickied in the Quarantine Room. If any member feels compelled to make a public statement about any reputation comment they have recieved, it must be made in this thread. Any such statements made in other threads, or new threads started for that purpose will be deleted without warning or notice. This sort of public statement does NOT mean your complaint will recieve any staff attention. If you have a genuine concern about a rep comment you have recieved, you must address it in private with the staff.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Wow, it's nice to see you all kept the focus of the post...or rather you didn't. Thanks for the people who gave me advice at the beginning though As it happens my baby CP lost her battle against the RI, despite all my efforts.

But seriously guys, all the unneccesary bickering really isn't helpful to anyone and puts a lot of people, such as myself, off forums like this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKatSuperStar View Post
    Wow, it's nice to see you all kept the focus of the post...or rather you didn't. Thanks for the people who gave me advice at the beginning though As it happens my baby CP lost her battle against the RI, despite all my efforts.

But seriously guys, all the unneccesary bickering really isn't helpful to anyone and puts a lot of people, such as myself, off forums like this.
    I'm very sorry you lost your snake to this RI. That is always a sad and frustrating situation to face.

Please don't take what happened in this thread as a indication of the overall tone of this site. I hope you will continue to enjoy BPNet for the generally wonderful place it is.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

I agree with frankykeno.. I just read what is important, & ignore the rest. Please do hope you stay around for awhile it's a great site. I am sorry to hear about your bp.
    my condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    I'm very sorry you lost your snake to this RI. That is always a sad and frustrating situation to face.

Please don't take what happened in this thread as a indication of the overall tone of this site. I hope you will continue to enjoy BPNet for the generally wonderful place it is.
    Stephanie

Thanks

Oh my! I am so sorry!! My sincerest condolences. And I am sorry that I, too, was guilty for taking the thread off track. I did offer my ideas on the RI. I am saddened by your loss.

How is the other snake doing?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaFlipski View Post
    Oh my! I am so sorry!! My sincerest condolences. And I am sorry that I, too, was guilty for taking the thread off track. I did offer my ideas on the RI. I am saddened by your loss.

How is the other snake doing?

Thanks As you can imagine I was heartbroken! Pickle was by far my favourite, but I think she was too young and small to cope with the stress.

The other CP is still okay. She still has fluid in the back of her throat but is moving around a lot more, which is a hopeful sign. I don't think the antibiotics has helped but I don't want to take her back to the vet as I KNOW she'll say she has IBD (because my baby died) and I know that it isn't IBD (my vet is obsessed with IBD and apparently tells everyone their reptiles have it, probably because the biopsies cost so much...) I'm going to try and feed her tonight and hope for the best.

Thanks

Thanks As you can imagine I was heartbroken! Pickle was by far my favourite, but I think she was too young and small to cope with the stress.

The other CP is still okay. She still has fluid in the back of her throat but is moving around a lot more, which is a hopeful sign. I don't think the antibiotics has helped but I don't want to take her back to the vet as I KNOW she'll say she has IBD (because my baby died) and I know that it isn't IBD (my vet is obsessed with IBD and apparently tells everyone their reptiles have it, probably because the biopsies cost so much...) I'm going to try and feed her tonight and hope for the best.
    I totally understand your fear of hearing about IBD. IMHO, I would go back anyway and try another course of antibiotics if you think she is still sick. Try another med. OR, find a new herp vet that has a great rep. I was so thankful that ours prescribed Zithromax (oral is easier than I thought with four hands - if you need tips, let me know). That is what finally kicked it in the butt.

Good luck. I will be sending healing thoughts your way. Again, I am SO sorry about your other snake. I don't know what I would do if one of mine died. Hang in there!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast