Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 905

2 members and 903 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: What kind is this?

Ridley, if he can't keep up with the work of keeping them in clean and decent conditions, then he shouldn't have them, period. Same goes for pet hoarders and puppymills.

Can't handle the care? Don't keep so many. It's not hard.

I'm not talking about a snake that defecated the same day or tipped a water bowl and just hasn't been cleaned yet....we all have those. I'm talking about the dried on feces, the yellowed newspaper, etc. Nobody should ever be "too busy" to take care of that.
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 12-21-2007 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Typo correction
    ~Jess
    Balls: 2.10 normal, 1.0 pastel, 2.2 het albino, 1.0 50% het pied, 1.2 poss. axanthic, 1.0 pinstripe, 1.0 black pastel,
    Misc. snakes: 1.1 blood python, 1.0 Tarahumara Mountain kingsnake, 0.1 RTB
    0.0.1 Red-eyed casque-headed skink
    1.2 dogs (Lab, Catahoula, Papillon-X), 6.1 cats, 1.0 foster dog
    6.4.8 ASFs
    1.0 Very Patient Boyfriend

Thanks

Yes, of course, they we're clearly staged.

Thanks

Regardless, we can't go back in time to see the conditions of the cages themselves on that very day.

However, he is the sole owner, and he is the one ultimately responsible for the snakes well being.

In this case, a picture says a thousand words.
    Even if I were to come to your facilities today, it's not going to show me a darn thing about how the conditions were this fateful day. You very well could have cleaned up your act. And congratulations for doing so. I'm proud that you've got everything straight at the present.

But, as for business, I have only read a few posts that have anything to say good about you. The majority doesn't trust you. And in this hobby, more than anything, being a credible person is sometimes the only thing that us buyers have to go on. You at the moment have very little to no credit.

The only thing you can really do is keep your head down, and work constantly towards building up the trust and credit that was ruined. Blaming people won't get you anywhere when it's very graphic pictures versus your word. People need evidence that you've cleaned up, and thank you for the invite, but I decline. I myself don't trust you either.

Again, my advice, keep plugging away, and perhaps in 10 years you can show us with excellent customer service and quality stock that you have indeed gone above and beyond the call of duty, and you are worth trusting. But until then...
    Last edited by littleindiangirl; 12-21-2007 at 09:20 AM.

Thanks

i help Jon from Coldbloodedaddiction.com clean his snakes every week. twice a week as often as we can. i hate to tell you this but his snake rooms are correctly set up with the most up to date cages/ thermostats, he doesnt use glass tanks to hold animals in, each snake has its own tub and when it is trashed he has clean tubs ready to go and switchs them out asap. his place is CLEAN. i wash my hand so often there even with rubber gloves on that it looks like i got out of the bath tub because he makes sure that every one is clean as possible and has NEVER had a case of RI or anything else for that matter because of what we do. so Ridley there is no excuse. i personally do the same at my house and do not let something sit there with a nasty tub. and yes he has WAY over 100 snakes.

if you cant afford to take care of it, dont get it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    No offense, but those of you with a handful of snakes have no freakin clue as to what you are saying.............so really a dose of STFU is in order......unless you have at LEAST 100 snakes. Allen has far more than that, so it is IMMINENT that a cage will get :cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r:ty at some point. Anyone that has that many is an out and out LIAR if they say otherwise. Any schmuck with a camera could take pics to make ANYONES snake room look like an abomination.

Personally, I give people the benefit of the doubt......it is america after all.....and it's Christmas time.

Allen, if you'd like to send me a couple female spiders, a female mojo, pin, etc, I'll prove to people that all the reptiles in my house don't die mysteriously and instantaniously in their presence, lmao.

Personally, I will not pay more for a lesser quality animal because it comes from a BP net suckup.....and i see that ALOT around here. There are no gucci brand snakes.....if the animal is quality, thats all that matters.....whether it comes from joe schmoe or Nerd is immaterial.
    Gee someone needs an attitude adjustment! Who do you think you are? I myself have seen NO PROOF otherwise that Allen should be trusted nor buy anything from him.If you want to buy his reptiles thats fine but dont come here calling us suckups before you check your own nose .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: What kind is this?

Ok i have a direct question for Allen.In a direct email to you from myself your response was that you suspected IBD and had BLOOD WORK done.In that same message you said everyone disliked you because you are a "souther boy".Why are you constantly changing the reasons you think no one likes you? It has to be either one or the other.Whats the next excuse? One more thing i will point out that you openly messed up in my opinion.You stated that you had a university do BLOOD work correct? In my understanding you CAN NOT diagnose IBD thru blood work.It can only be ruled out or in thru a neocropsy(not sure if spelled correctly lol).In that same letter you also stated it might have been in your wholesell collection.So maybe it was transfered to your other collection by one of the snakes being added to your "million dollar" collection .Either way the proof is in the pudding as they say and your pudding contains spoiled milk .If anyone would like to read this letter i am speaking of in this post please follow this link and read page 5 post 25 . http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ghlight=Daddys
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    I would like to hear from OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAS BEEN AND SEEN THE FACILITIES FIRST HAND AS WELL. You never hear anything negative from anyone who has been here only the people who think they know. Also the people who have been are afraid to stick their neck out and tell their side because of the crap given to them for speaking on what they KNOW. And I have to much class to throw names out and run them under the bus! Good luck on your quest to find out information on what people who actually know think. I am afraid you will find yourself sorting through alot of of topic statements, from people who think they know but have never been here.

Allen Belcher 706-615-4772
    In your post on fauna you stated you told people to stay out of it.Now you come here and say they are "afraid to stick their necks out".Which on is it? Allen i think you need to set down and get your story straight before you get a headache .
    Joe Haggard

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    Personally, I will not pay more for a lesser quality animal because it comes from a BP net suckup.....and i see that ALOT around here. There are no gucci brand snakes.....if the animal is quality, thats all that matters.....whether it comes from joe schmoe or Nerd is immaterial.
    Not sure what to make of this???

Yes quality animals are what matter, however there are people out there I will never support with my business, regardless of the animals they offer, but hey that's just me!
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    Gee someone needs an attitude adjustment! Who do you think you are? I myself have seen NO PROOF otherwise that Allen should be trusted nor buy anything from him.If you want to buy his reptiles thats fine but dont come here calling us suckups before you check your own nose .
    No attitude adjustment needed...nor will be given here 99% of the people on here are adolescent hobbyists at best and have no idea what they are talking about....all they do is regurgitate info they have been fed. The REAL breeders on these threads seem to be mute on the subject, and the ones that are vocal will be seen as pandering, at least thats how I see it. When I first logged on here, I was amazed that a Ball Python could ever survive in the wild after all the analistic remarks found here. I have a masters in biology specializing in herpetology and wildlife management, so I have a better understanding than most about husbandry. I love my animals, and take great care of them, but also live in the real world were REAL LIFE suddenly takes over at unexpected times. For instance our new baby decided to come early last night so my snake cages may go this whole next week without a thorough cleaning. ONOZ. And yes I'm typing this from the hospital so

And yes, Cold Blooded Addiction has a great place, customer support, and great animals.........and he has a couple thousand dollars of mine to show for it

Thanks

......to ridley:it's refreshing to see someone with the gonads to tell the truth,no matter how it will be received.you make some VERY valid points.have fun !

congrats on the early christmas present!
    Last edited by twh; 12-21-2007 at 06:42 PM. Reason: spelling
    TIMOTHY W. HURKMANS

" Do you really believe that what you believe is really real ? "

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast