Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,377

2 members and 2,375 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: My Snake Has a Lump...

Yeah he will!!! Speaking of age. How old is he?

Thanks

Oh wow he is a pretty good size Blood. Handsome fellow.

Thanks

Again, thanks for the compliments guys/gals! I do hope Jelly turns red with age! He's almost 1 1/2 years old - that's what I figure since I acquired him 4 months ago and was advised he was a yearling. Everything's going very well with him...just hope this lump issue (literally) passes and we can continue nourishing him with love...and of course rats too!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    He is gonna be a RED daddy when he grows up. How well is he taking all the massaging and stuff? Calm or agitated?
    Thanks you! Most of the time he's huffing and puffing when I'm massaging him in the tub...but he's gentle as can be so I have no worries of him attacking and can focus on massaging him (and praying at the same time he defacates soon enough). At times I wish he'd just let it go while I'm massaging him so I can finally relax (both physically and mentally), haha!

Thanks

When massaging Jelly during his soak yesterday evening, I thought I felt more hard urates further up his tail. I'm going to continue massaging him tonight and try to move everything inside downwards towards his tail end.

The vet told me not to feed Jelly until he defacates and will call me Monday to follow-up on Jelly's progress. What concerns me a bit is that I'm wondering if I don't feed him...there will be no "new" waste to push the existing down his tail end. I think the vet is advising not to feed him as he fears it'll just further clog Jelly's lump.

What do you guys think? Will the existing waste automatically travel down his tail and eventually come out when it's time? Or will it require Jelly continuing to feed on a regular basis in order to accumulate more waste before he lets it go?

Thanks

In all things with a digestive tract (as far as I know) waste is propelled through the intestines by peristalsis. I would assume that it's the same in snakes and that there shouldn't need to be new waste for the other waste to be moved.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles37 View Post
    In all things with a digestive tract (as far as I know) waste is propelled through the intestines by peristalsis. I would assume that it's the same in snakes and that there shouldn't need to be new waste for the other waste to be moved.
    Hi Bo, thanks for your comments, it's really appreciated! Thought for a while there I was forgotten!

On a separate note, I spoke with my vet and will be taking in Jelly in this Saturday morning for another check and enema if required (as I mentioned I thought I felt some hard urate...but further up the tail opposite end of the tip). The lump still remains...so if there really are urates still blocking the lump from moving down the tail...then this time it'll clear it. The vet reminded me once again not to feed Jelly.

As I wasn't sure if the vet knew bloods are known to really hold it in before letting go big time, I let them know...and in reply they said it's not normal. They said it happens very often due to temps and humidity in their wild and domestic environments ...but it's not "supposed" to be that infrequent (though it is). Just some food for thought that made me go ...
    Last edited by Dvas_Romeo; 12-28-2007 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dvas_Romeo View Post
    As I wasn't sure if the vet knew bloods are known to really hold it in before letting go big time, I let them know...and in reply they said it's not normal. They said it happens very often due to temps and humidity in their wild and domestic environments ...but it's not "supposed" to be that infrequent (though it is). Just some food for thought that made me go ...
    Hmmm...my Vet said the opposite. I'll PM you her info. She is very familiar with Blood's so it couldn't hurt to at least talk to her or maybe get your Vet to speak with her.

PM coming.

Thanks

Thanks Earl...looking forward to the PM and see what we can make of this situation! I did think it strange what my vet had told me about bloods not being "regular".

Thanks

I'm sure this whole ordeal has had you bouncing off the walls with worry and the least thing you need is someone telling you "WRONG!!! That Vet is all WRONG!!!"

I figure a second opinion couldn't hurt. Just make sure you tell her "the guy who's snake pooped all over your walls sent me". I'm pretty famous in that part of town as of late.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast