Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,281

1 members and 3,280 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: My Snake Has a Lump...

Wow, that's a lot of s***!

Thanks

Yeah it is!!! Poor snake

He's gonna feel a lot better once all that craps gone. Hahahaha

Thanks

I just noticed you said he gets his water changed once a week. I change mine at least every 2 days if not every day.

That could be what's causing his dehydration. Like you said hopefully changing it more often will help soften things up and get him "going".

Keep us updated!! I sure hope you have a respirator for when he drops that's load. Haha.

Thanks

Our animals get fresh water once a week (friday night, chris changes them all). But for my bloods, I do try to get them new stuff every 3 days or so, but generally they get changed once a week too. They both have access to soak at any time, and I have not seen any issues at all. I guess mine aren't picky

Thanks

I'm trying everything that I can think of to encourage him to poo...so we'll see if that will result in an early Christmas to me from Jelly, haha!

Thanks

Update: Hmmm...swam, soaked, and massaged the bugger for the 2nd night in the row...nothing new to report yet. The end felt a bit softer after last night's session.

On the other hand, I woke up and found that my ball python Peanut left me a relatively large surprise. I was late for work already but cleaned up anyhow after the guy.

Thanks

Since it looks like my vet is pretty persistant about doing an enema on Jelly early next week if he doesn't poop by this Saturday, I was just curious if this is perfectly safe for the animal or if there could be some potential danger and/or side effect(s) involved - of course under the assumption the enema is performed correctly. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Side effects include: Rocketed discharge, disgruntled animal, potential for injury to skin, humiliation, and finally ellated feelings of joy at waste

Thanks

Update: OK, so Jelly is at the vet this moment. I dropped him off for his enema(s) approx. 9am. An hour ago, the vet called to give me an update and mentioned there were large hard urates blocking his cloaca and hence the reason why Jelly couldn't poop. In fact, they were so large and stuck that she had to manually assist Jelly to remove them...Jelly couldn't get it out himself despite the enema. The vet mentioned she has never seen any urate and the amount of poo like this before. She said she'll show them to me in a few hours when I go pick him up. She's currently massaging his tail end and will give one more enema to clear out the remaining waste lodged where the lump was. The weird this is the original vet who took the xray said there were no urates...but when I mentioned this to the vet working on Jelly, she said the xray does show urates. Either way I would have had to get the xray done...but strange how the original vet mentioned it's just Jelly holding in the soft waste. I'll definately mention this contradictory information when I pick Jelly up later. I'm just glad he's now "unclogged" and hopefully he's feeling better!

Thanks

Well that's good news!!! Woo hoo!!!

I just took my guy to the vet. I had problems getting his meds down him. So the vet did it. I explained his situation with no poop for 4 months. Made him feel the urates he had inside him.

The vet was amazed. And manually everted the first one in line. HUGE!!!! Then all of a sudden 3 more shot out!! Man did that office stink!!

No poop. But my vet said he should feel a lot better. Great news on jelly. Post pics if you can!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast