Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,459

1 members and 3,458 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks

Re: Glass tank setup

Quote Originally Posted by herculies View Post
    just wondering can you use clear saran wrap instead of plexiglass/clear vinyl after reading this and talking to my mom she asked me this, also for heat pads she also asked about using those heating pads for aches and pains like a Sunbeam 756-500 Heating Pad that comes with heat control of course i know it won't be an auto shut off if it reached a certain temp and have to monitor temps alot

thank you

The saran wrap works, just make sure to leave room for some air flow, so it doesn't get to humid.

I'm not sure about those types of heating pads. I'd just invest in an external thermostat. It's probably been my best single investment in the husbandry.
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.” Hunter S. Thompson

Ball Pythons:
    1.0 Lesser
    1.0 Normal 100% Het. Albino
    0.1 Normal 100% Het. Albino
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Harlequin
    1.0 Pinstripe

Thanks

Thanks for this very helpfull Thread .......★★★★★

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks

Hi

Thank you for the very helpful advice!

I am getting my new BP in about two weeks so doing some research first. You mention TWO UTH in the enclosure. One on the warm side and another on the cool side - that is slightly confusing to me. I was told one UTH is needed, which will create the warm side, where you put one hide. The cool side will be on the other side of the enclosure, which you place another hide. So could you explain the reason for TWO UTH's?

Also, should the enclosure always be kept in a quiet space in the home? I was thinking of putting it in the dinning area - I live in a small apartment so I dont have much option.

Thanks

So much good info here.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STORMS View Post
    I was having humidity issues - but no more .

I went out last night and hit up the craft dept. at WalMart and bought a heavy clear vinyl (versus plexiglass), cut it to size to cover the mesh top and cut 2 holes for my heat lamps.

I need to do this!!!!! What exactly did you buy???Any issues with the vinyl melting??

Also i was concerned that covering the mesh would make it hard for my snake to breathe....
    Last edited by WhimsyByrd; 03-23-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhimsyByrd View Post
    I need to do this!!!!! What exactly did you buy???Any issues with the vinyl melting??

Also i was concerned that covering the mesh would make it hard for my snake to breathe....
    you can use tin foil, much cheeper and easier to work with and heat resistant. with heat lamps you'll probably want to leave a little bit of space around the lamps, this will be plenty for ventilation.
    "Keep in mind I am sharing what I have learned and what my experiences have taught me. I am not an expert, and it's always good to weigh varying perspectives... Doing it "correctly" often means balancing what works for others with what works for you, given your parameters and observations."

Family Critter List: Bumblebee BP, Fire Spider BP, Brazillian Rainbow Boa, Planted Aquarium, Red-Foot Tortoise, Dwarf Hamster, Holland Lop Rabbit, 6 egg laying chickens, 37 in freezer camp, last but not least Flap Jack, our Pit mix rescue dog who keeps everyone in line.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Slither Seeker For This Useful Post:

HissingSnake (03-23-2017)

Thanks

That is actually what I've been doing, the foil.... I hate the noise it makes!! I'm interested in the glass or vinyl to try next.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456