Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,250

0 members and 3,250 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Glass tank setup....probe placement drawings!

i am a new owner of a 9 month male ball,and my daughter has a 9 month old female.i have searched alot of info on the internet but yours is tops.simple,straight forward and its all there.thank you

Thanks

Re: Glass tank setup

Thanx sooo muh for ALL the Info. VERY helpfull!!!!

Thanks

This guide has the BEST glass tank husbandry info I've found both compared to books and the rest of the net. My ball python happy and healthy for over 5 months now. The only difference is I keep the temp on the hot side at 88-90. No lower than 85 no higher than 91. Personal decision after hours of looking for the right temps for balls.

Thanks

This has been a GREAT help for me and I hope it will be for my Reeses too!

Thanks

"• Quantity 1. Plexiglas with cut to lid size with a central hole for the CHE. $40.

The mesh in the lid will allow too much heat and humidity to escape (the big problem with a glass vivarium). The plexiglas will cover the mesh except where you mount your CHE. We found a local plastics supplier (S&W Plastics) that cut us a piece to size including a square central hole.

Alternatively, you can use a piece of heavy clear vinvyl with a hole cut, which may be available from craft or fabric stores."

Does this not restrict air flow and ventilation too much if you cover the whole wire mesh lid besides a cut out for a heat lamp? During my snakes sheds its hard to get the humidy up to 80% in my tanks. Ive been placing a wet rag on the top of the mesh wire on tank lid.

Thanks
    If you use a 3rd UTH under the water bowl and set that temp based on the humidity would the temp that the water ends up getting not be so hot as to burn the snake if he was to get in and soak?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhamilton View Post
    "• Quantity 1. Plexiglas with cut to lid size with a central hole for the CHE. $40.

The mesh in the lid will allow too much heat and humidity to escape (the big problem with a glass vivarium). The plexiglas will cover the mesh except where you mount your CHE. We found a local plastics supplier (S&W Plastics) that cut us a piece to size including a square central hole.

Alternatively, you can use a piece of heavy clear vinvyl with a hole cut, which may be available from craft or fabric stores."

Does this not restrict air flow and ventilation too much if you cover the whole wire mesh lid besides a cut out for a heat lamp? During my snakes sheds its hard to get the humidy up to 80% in my tanks. Ive been placing a wet rag on the top of the mesh wire on tank lid.
    Ball pythons have a low metabolic rate. They don't need much air. As long as there is air exchange, they're good.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyleax1 View Post
    If you use a 3rd UTH under the water bowl and set that temp based on the humidity would the temp that the water ends up getting not be so hot as to burn the snake if he was to get in and soak?
    All heat sources need a thermostat or rheostat. You shouldn't need more than 95 degrees Fahrenheit under the water bowl to raise humidity in a tank to appropriate levels, especially if you follow the other set-up recommendation like plexiglass/vinyl cover on top, etc.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Registered User jasonmcgilvrey83's Avatar
    Thanks
    Or u can shop online. Some places have free shipping.

Thanks

just wondering can you use clear saran wrap instead of plexiglass/clear vinyl after reading this and talking to my mom she asked me this, also for heat pads she also asked about using those heating pads for aches and pains like a Sunbeam 756-500 Heating Pad that comes with heat control of course i know it won't be an auto shut off if it reached a certain temp and have to monitor temps alot

thank you

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast