Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,098

2 members and 3,096 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Recommended Exotics Vets

The following is a list of exotics vets recommended by our membership. We hope you find this helpful, however it remains your responsiblity to determine if any vet listed herein meets your needs for the health care of your exotic.

To add a vet or add a comment to a vet listed here, please PM any member of staff.

USA

ARKANSAS

Conway

Dr. Rawn Gabbard
    Animal Care Veterinary Center
    1815 Old Morrilton Hwy # 105, Conway, AR 72032-2757
    (501) 329-7821

I've been taking my dogs and cats to see Dr. Gabbard for years - he is the only vet in the area that I'd found who supported grain-free and raw diets. When I started getting into snakes and had some rescues with RIs, I was happy to find out that Dr. Gabbard treats reptiles as well. He's always been great with all of my pets and I highly recommend him. ~Janna (EchoPet)~

ARIZONA

Mesa

Dr. Funk
    VCA Mesa Animal Hospital
    858 North Country Club Drive, Mesa, AZ 85201
    Phone: 1-480-833-7330
    Fax: 1-480-833-0124

Our Association uses Dr. Funk, at the VCA Mesa Animal Hospital. ~(Yodaaz)~

Phoenix

Both the vets, Dr. Wayne Svoboda and Dr. Bernard Mangone are great at
    Palm Glen Animal Hospital
    http://www.palmglen.com/
    7771 North 43rd Avenue
    Phoenix, AZ 85051
    623-688-5362
    Fax: 623-931-1795

Tucson

James L. Jarchow, DVM
    Orange Grove Animal Hospital
    3091 W. Orange Grove Rd, Tucson, AZ 85741
    (520) 877-2626
    http://www.svg-vets.com/index.html

I have taken my lizards and snakes to Dr. Jarchow for several years, and he does a fantastic job with all reptile species I have taken to him. He is the reptile vet for the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and the Reid Park Zoo. I have a close friend who has been one of Dr. Jarchow's vet techs for over five years, and she tells me that the other vets often ask Jarchow for advice when dealing with exotics. ~Krystal (Eventide)~

CALIFORNIA

North ca

Whispering Pines Pet Clinic

14632 Skyway Rd, Magalia, CA 95954
    (530) 873-1136

https://g.co/kgs/HWECvn

Amazing people if you happen to be in North Cali I have since moved to Sacramento and am yet to find someone as caring as there guys. Worst part of my move was losing access to these guys. If you know any one closer to Sacramento let me know

Diamond Bar (Orange County)

Dr. Tom Greek
    Village Animal Hospital
    23379 Golden Springs Dr., Diamond Bar, CA 91765*
    (909) 861-7463
    *His office will be moving in the near future, please see website for details*
    www.Tomgreek.com

I have been working with Dr Greek for several years now, and he is very kind and knowledgeable in exotics as well as the standard pets. He attends a lot of local herp events, and speaks at the local herp clubs as well. Very involved with reptiles and owns a lot himself. Great guy! ~Heather (LadyOhh)~

Sacramento

Dr. Marianne Brick
    Madison Ave Vet Clinic
    8520 Madison Avenue, Fair Oaks (Sacto area)
    (916) 961-1541

Everyone I talked to in the clinic either kept a variety of Herps themselves or had experience with them. The vet herself was very knowledgeable and gentle with my python, and knew exactly what she was doing. Can't recommend them enough! ~(Dalishar)~

San Francisco

All Pets Hospital
    269 South Van Ness Ave
    San Francisco, CA 94103
    (415) 861-5725
    Reptile docs: Alex Herman & Nicola Gillespie

My comments: I have been seeing Dr. Alex Herman for my mammals, and she is wonderful... helpful, friendly, reptile enthusiast, and really seems to care about her patients. Haven't (luckily) had a need to take any herps there yet, but I'd have no qualms about using her when I do. ~(Lolo76)~

Ventura

James Gray, DVM
    Ventura Veterinary Hospital
    1784 Thompson Blvd., Ventura, CA 93001
    (805) 648-2797

I know for a fact that he sees torts, turtles, snakes and most other herps. ~Pat (patthesnakeman)~

COLORADO

Colorado Springs

Dr. Mark Kombert, DVM
    http://www.yorkshirevetclinic.com/

And

Dr. Alex Rahm, DVM (he's new there)
    http://www.fillmorevet.com/

I've seen both of these vets. I lean towards Dr. Rahm though.

CONNECTICUT

Bolton

Dr. Zyra
    Bolton Veterinary Hospital
    P.C. 222 Boston Turnpike, Bolton, CT 06043
    Phone: (860) 646-6134 or (860) 456-4298
    Fax: (860) 643-0418
    Email: boltonvet@aol.com

www.boltonvet.com

My rescue has always used DR. Zyra, we also always recommend her, and always will. ~Rusty (Rusty)~

DELAWARE

Seaford

Four Paws Animal Hospital
    County Road 531, Seaford DE
    302-629-7297

I gone to doctor Mike ( I think I forgotten the last name not that I could spell it lol)
    But doctor Mike had helped me on 2 different rescues one was a kenya sand boa that had an RI ( owner dropped off and said to keep it a week later( was only to been gone for 3 days and was afraid the cat might get to it ) )
    On the second Rescue he helped me with a Cinniamon bp that had a mass near vent ( some kind of abccess) and removedt it ( for only cost of the meds and a some return trips for check ups ) Both time the animal in questions came ot me when I had no funds on hand for a vet. The hours might be odd ( like 9-12 then 4-6 ) most days but they seemd to know what they were doing and both reptiles are alive.

FLORIDA

Jacksonville

John Rossi, DVM, MA
    Riverside Animal Hospital
    2641 Park Street
    Jacksonville, FL, 32204
    Phone# 904-388-3494
    http://www.riversideanimalhospjax.com/index.html

He is an awesome vet and really knows reptiles very well. He wrote several books on how to tell if a snake is sick and also some home remedies. ~ anatess ~

Orlando

Dr Bruce Bogoslavsky
    Animal Vet Hospital
    1320 W Oak Ridge RD
    Orlando, FL 32809-3903

Dr. Ivan Alfonso
    Kirkman Area Animal Clinic
    5633 Metrowest Blvd., Orlando, FL, 32811
    (407) 295-7547

He raises and breeds Chams and is very knowledgeable about ball pythons. I would recommend him. ~Alice (Alice)~

Pensacola

Dr. Gina Forgey, DVM
    Safe Harbor Animal Hospital
    820 Creighton Rd.
    Pensacola, FL 32504
    (850) 476-5571
    http://www.safeharborhospital.com

Tallahassee

Dr. Otfried Ghurt, DVM
    Shannon Lakes Paws & Claws
    3819 Bradfordville Rd, Tallahassee, FL
    (850) 906-0444

Thats the vet we use for our snake and beardies and he does a wonderful job and doesn't charge out the butt!~Nathan(DownSouthDragons)~

GEORGIA

Dawsonville

Dr. Ray Habermann
    Foothills Veterinary Clinic
    375 Auraria Road, Dawsonville, GA 30534
    (706)216-1356
    http://www.foothillsvetclinichome.com/

Dr. Habermann is very knowledgeable of all animals & reptiles. I take my whole clan there. Staff is friendly, facility is clean. The prices are reasonable. Vet checks up a few days later on your pet, to see how things are. I recommend to anyone in or around the area! ~Stephanie (reptile3)~

Marietta

Dr. Keith Contarino
    Town & Country Vet
    1343 Gresham Rd, Marietta, GA 30062
    (770) 336-1610
    http://www.drgoodvet.com/

Dr. C is their exotics vet. I recommend him for general wellness visits and treatment of internal parasites for herps. Dr. C also sees the more exotic "pocket pets" like rats, gerbils, etc and is more than fair in his office visit and treatment fees. His care and love for these animals is very apparent. ~Robin (rabernet)~

Brad Wilson, DVM
    Veterinary Clinic West
    763 Whitlock Avenue SW, Marietta, GA 30064
    (770) 424-5484

He is the vet for the Atlanta Zoo. He was very nice and knew a lot more about snakes than I do. He is very reasonably priced also. He will be seeing all of my animals from now on. A++ ~Trey (mxrider42)~

ILLINOIS

Algonquin

Dr. Ron Durante
    Algonquin Animal Clinic
    10412 Rt. 31, Algonquin, IL 60102
    (847) 658-3626

I have taken both a ball python and a black blood here for treatment. They even keep a tortoise in the office waiting room. He and the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. ~(Schlyne)~

Crest Hill

Dr Bray
    Crest Hill Animal Hospital
    1807 Plainfield Rd, Crest Hill, IL
    (815) 729-1155.

Ive used him many times for snakes and birds. He is also used by Annetta & Wayne, owners of Three Rivers Reptiles on Rebublic Ave in Joliet IL. I strongly recommend him for all exotics. He saved the life of my 03' ICH female when she was just a month old. ~(Draigess)~

Mundelein

Dr Stephen L. Barten
    1260 S Butterfield Rd, Mundelein, IL 60060

He has a collection of around 10 snakes that he has had for many years. He treats all types of reptiles and is very knowledgeable. ~April (Shelby)~

Dr Gery A. Herrmann
    650 N Midlothian Rd, Mundelein, IL 60060

He treats all kinds of reptiles, and is quite knowledgeable and a nice guy to do business with. ~April (Shelby)~

Swansea

Craig Staehle, DVM
    Best Friends Animal Hospital & Pet Resort
    202 Frank Scott Parkway East
    Swansea, IL. 62226

Phone : (618) 222-9860
    Fax : (618) 222-9861
    Email : info@bestfriendsahpr.com

A very professional and knowledgeable herp vet. I highly recommend him to anyone in the metro-east IL / St Louis, MO. Area. Only vet in this area I will take my reptiles to. ~(Minja777)~

MARYLAND

Abingdon

Dr. Keith Gold
    Chadwell Animal Hospital
    3004 Emmorton Road, Abingdon, MD 21009
    http://www.chadwellanimalhospital.com

Here is the vet I use. Awesome guy!~Allison (lilyorchid)~

North Potomac

Dr. Nicholas Michael Lance
    Quince Orchard Veterinary Hospital
    11910 Darnestown Rd., North Potomac, MD 20878
    (301) 258-0850

Sees all herps. I had my ball python looked at here. Vet was great even the assistant vets knew tons about snakes. They even taught me how to sex!! Great place. ~Mike (jdmls88)~

Rockville

Dr. Lisa Carr
    Maryland Avian and Exotics Vet Care

tel:240-687-1414

She used to work with Dr. Stahl in Virginia. ~ o.r hill

MASSACHUSETTS

Weymouth

Dr. Greg Mertz, DVM
    Odd Pet Veterinarian
    595 Columbian, Weymouth, MA 02190
    (781) 251-9131

He is very knowledgeable, and he treats almost any kind of herp as well as small animals, birds, you name it. Hence he calls himself "the Odd Pet Vet". He also sees patients on Thursday nights (I believe) at the Chestnut Street Animal Hospital, 334 Chestnut St, Needham, MA. ~ (icygirl)~

Mattapoissett

Dr. Obrian
    Mattapoissett Animal hospital

MICHIGAN

Clinton Twp

Parkway Small Animal and Exotic Hospital
    39321 Garfield Rd., Clinton Twp. MI 48038
    (586) 416-8800
    www.parkway-animal-hospital.com

Very knowlegable with reptiles and exotic pets. ~Laura (shadi11)~

Jackson

Dr. Chris Howe & Dr. Timothy England
    Crossroads Animal Clinic
    3232 North Dettman, Jackson, MI 49201
    (517) 784-1111

I saw Dr. Howe, but Dr. England is the head honcho and the owner. Dr. Howe and the tech were very gentle with the handling and seemed very knowledgeable. Dr. Howe told me about the snakes him and his wife have kept over the years, mostly colubrids it seemed. The visit seemed to be priced fairly well to me as well. Overall seems like a great guy, great doctor and a great clinic. ~Austin (ThyTempest)~

Kalamazoo

Dr Charles Mehne, DVM
    Animal Clinic
    413 W Mosel Ave., Kalamazoo, MI
    (269) 344-5663

Dr Mehne is a great guy with a vast knowledge of herps and other animals. He's done extensive research on herps, birds, and fish for the USFWS and has been a veterinarian for over 20 years.
    I find him to be great with the handling, treating and diagnosing the animals and he's extremely affordable. ~Colin (kzooherpetoculturist)~

Petoskey

Dr. Pamela Graves
    Jensen's Animal Hospital
    4041 Charlevoix Avenue, Petoskey, MI, 49770
    (231) 347-8775
    http://www.jensensanimalhospital.com/docg.html

Dr. Pam saw our snakes, found her knowledgeable and friendly. The clinic is very cost effective, offers programs for lower income owners and discounts for rescuers/rehabbers. ~Jo (frankykeno)~

Rochester

Animal Emergency Center
    265 E. 2nd Street, Rochester, MI 48307
    (248) 651-1788
    www.theanimalemergencycenter.com

The vets are very knowlegable with reptiles and exotic pets. These emergency vets also work with Parkway (listed above). ~Laura (shadi11)~

Williamston

Dr. S. Wayne Beasley
    Cedar Creek Vet Clinic
    2295 N. Williamston Rd., Williamston, MI 48895
    (517) 655-4906
    http://www.cedarcreekvet.com/

I have just been to see this Vet, and not only did he have extensive knowledge about snakes, he also has kept many species of snakes over the years. He is a graduate of Michigan State - they also have at least 4 other State Vet grads working there. He is located just north of Lansing, MI. Reasonably priced too. ~Connie (littleindiangirl)~

Minesotta

Mary Phillippson
    Ark Pet Hospital
    151 Sliver Lake Road,
    New Brighton,
    MN 55112.
    Phone #651-633-0567

Mississippi

Saltillo

John D. Morris, D.V.M.

Saltillo Small Animal Hospital
    106 Flynt Dr. ( Off Hwy. 45 )
    Saltillo, MS 38866
    Phone: 662-869-7301
    Fax: 662-869-7362
    SSAH700@aol.com

They see just about anything. Dr. Morris is the 'exotic' vet on staff. He seems more on the end of reptiles, but will see all exotics. Dr. Morris isn't a 'specific' reptile vet, but is extremely knowledgeable in reptiles.

My personal experience with Dr. Morris came a few weeks ago when I took my new addition 1.0 Spider that I acquired from craigslist for a 'checkup' and possible RI. Vet visit was only $36 and I was seen directly at my appointment time. I received a call one week later from the staff to 'check' up on us and make sure everything was ok. A few days later I received a letter,along with a card, in the mail thanking me for my business and assuring me if I had an emergency that I could call at any time even after business hours.

Montana

North Stevensville

Sapphire Animal Hospital
    4052 Hwy. 93 North
    Stevensville, MT 59870
    (406) 777-4399

http://www.sapphireanimalhospital.com/

Sapphire is my current vet. Husband and wife team, and both are great. Their kids own snakes. They're up front that they are a bit inexperienced with reptile medicine, but have always done plenty of research when I've needed their help and I've been satisfied with their quality of care. A vet that will actually take the time and listen as well as work together with you are worth their weight in gold. They see all my animals - snakes to cats to farm animals.

NEW YORK

Newburgh

West End Veterinary Clinic
    41 Fullerton Avenue
    Newburgh, NY 12550

Dr. Don Factor - Fantastic doc for your herps. He really seemed to know his stuff well. I am well versed in herps and their care, diagnosis of health issues, and treatment. Dr. Factor was on point with everything, including proper husbandry for less kept species (Haitian boa in this particular case). The staff were all incredibly friendly and all interested in coming in to see the snakes I had brought and learn more while there. I even received two follow-up calls weeks apart to see how the snakes were doing while on their meds. I did, unfortunately, have a gravid female pass - not due to the health issue being treated - and Dr. Factor followed up with a hand written condolence note. Overall, the clinic is one of the best I've been to. Friendly, knowledgeable, and actually caring of every animal. A+ in my book. ~ Chris Carille ( bioteacher )

Baldwinsville/Syracuse

Dr. Edward L Spindel, DVM
    Animal Ark Veterinary Hospital
    2996 Belgium Rd, Baldwinsville, NY 13027
    (315) 635-2525

No website, but he's the best reptile vet around Syracuse, NY. ~Jimi (jim020cricket)

Plainview

Dr. Monaco
    Old Country Animal Clinic
    669 Old Country Road, Plainview, NY 11803
    (516) 938-7218 phone
    http://oldcountryanimalclinic.com/index.html

All my ball pythons have been to this vet as well as my cat. He is an extremely kind and knowledgeable person. His specialty is avian, however, he is experienced with snakes as well. An exotic visit is very reasonably priced. ~Rich (Spaniard)~

NORTH CAROLINA

Kannapolis

Dr. Griffin, DVM
    Griffin Exotics
    Avian & Exotic Veterinary Hospital
    2100 Lane Street, Kannapolis, NC 28083
    (704)-932-8111
    http://www.griffinexotics.com/

Works with birds, rabbits, and reptiles, was recommended by a herp friend. Awesome job explaining everything that was going on during and after the boa exam. About 1.5 hours away from me but the drive is worth it!~(Karma)~

OHIO

Columbus

Animal Care Unlimited
    2665 Billingsley Rd, Columbus, OH 43235
    Tel: (614) 766-2317
    http://www.animalcareunlimited.com/

I would definitely recommend them. They worked me into their schedule in the evening. They were so nice and seemed very knowledgable. It was incredibly affordable for a college student on a very tight budget! All kinds of exotics and also regular pets.~Lynn (ladywhipple)~

OKLAHOMA

Tulsa

Ken Coldwell, DVM
    VCA Veterinary Medical Center
    3129 South Winston Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74135
    (918) 743-6644

I've only used him for snakes, so not sure what other species he treats. Very nice guy. ~Jess (slartibartfast)~

Paul L. Welch, DVM
    Forest Trails Animal Hospital
    6528 East 101st Street, Suite A, Tulsa, OK 74133
    (918) 299-8448

I used him for a snake once, and he seemed pretty knowledgeable. They do a ton of wildlife rescue and rehab. ~Jess (slartibartfast)~

PENNSYLVANIA

Gibsonia

All Pet Animal Hospital
    5354 Route 8
    Gibsonia, PA 15044
    724-444-6600
    http://www.allpet.vetsuite.com/Templ...quisitive.aspx

Dr. Kellie Person
    Dr Edward Bennett

Have been there twice once for a scale rot problem medicine Dr. Person gave fixed it right up and now for RI and my snake is making a swing to health. Have not taken any other reptiles but have to call them for a follow up question on a dog health matter and will ask them there treatment knowledge of other reptiles and amphibians. Highly recommend them great and friendly staff always helpful and respectful fun to work with.

SOUTH CAROLINA

Moncks Corner

Dr. Samuel Seashole
    Live Oak Veterinary Clinic
    735 S. Live Oak Drive, Moncks Corner, SC
    (843) 899-5476

Mount Pleasant

Dr. Jose Biascoechea
    Birds and Exotics Animal Care
    814 Johnnie Dodds Blvd., Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
    (843) 216-VETS
    http://www.birdsandexotics.com

We have a good BP clan in the Charleston, SC area. I've been to plenty of vets and we have two excellent exotic pet vets who know and treat herps. They are both recommended by the Green Iguana Society on this website: www.greenigsociety.org/vets/sc.htm ~(GenePirate)~

Simpsonville

Dr. Heather Miller
    Cleaveland Park East Animal Hospital
    815 NE Main Street, Simpsonville, SC 29681
    (864) 963-8025

She's an excellent vet and very reasonably priced. ~(Denial)~

Spartanburg

Dr. Raymond L. Fay
    Companion Animal Clinic/Noahs Ark Kennel
    121 S Blackstock Road, Spartanburg, SC 29301
    (864) 574-2430

Also an excellent vet. Dr. Fay also will see venomous animals. ~(Denial)~

TENNESSEE

Memphis Tennessee area

All Creatures Pet Hospital
    Ralph Pope, DVM
    2050 W. Poplar Ave. #106
    Collierville, TN 38017
    901-853-4220

http://allcreaturespethosp.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/All-Creatur...-209578864573/

Nashville

Airport Animal Clinic
    Dr. Mike Corwin
    215 Pineway Dr., Nashville, TN 37217
    (615) 367-9319

He treats all exotics, furry and scaly (including fish). No venomous though ~Cheryl (replver)~

Jackson

North Madison Animal Hospital
    243 Oil Well
    Jackson, TN 38305

Phone: 731-664-6200
    Fax: (731) 664-9355

http://www.northmadisonanimalvet.com/

TEXAS

Houston

Dr. Larry White
    Briarcrest Vet Clinic
    1492 Wilcrest Drive, Houston, TX 77042
    (713) 789-8320

He's a former zoo vet and is very experienced at reptiles and small mammals as well as birds. I've dealt with him for years. He is reasonable and knows his stuff. Nothing but great things to say about him. ~(Hypnotic Exotic)~

San Antonio

Dr. Melissa Hill DVM
    Kirby Animal Hospital
    4623 Binz-Engleman, San Antonio, TX 78219
    (210) 661-6717

I took Kisasa in to see Dr. Hill on a day when they were fully booked, but she squeezed me in anyhow. She seemed very comfortable with snakes and knowledgeable about them. Her treatment of K's wound worked beautifully. I'll go back to her anytime I have a herp issue. ~Judy (JLC)~

VIRGINIA

Fairfax

Stahl Exotic Animal Veterinary Service
    4105 Rust Street, Fairfax, VA 22030
    703-281-3750

www.seavs.com

Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
    Tuesday, Thursday 8:00AM - 8:00PM
    Saturday 8:00AM-2:00PM
    (For larger collections and special circumstances, house calls and phone consultations are also available.)

Dr. Stahl's reputation precedes him, and the rest of the vets and other staff are also very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about herps and other reptiles (check out their staff page). There is a strong focus on proper husbandry (as it should be), so expect to be grilled about your enclosures, temps, humidity, feeding, etc. I first became acquainted with this practice with my other exotics, and they are easily one of the best vet practices, regardless of species, I've ever dealt with. Top notch! ~Jen (jjc)~

Purcellville

Blue Ridge Veterinary Associates
    120 East Cornwell Lane
    Purcellville, VA 20132
    540-338-7387
    http://www.blueridgevets.com/

Regular appointments every day from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
    Open 24 hours for emergencies, they just need a heads-up call.

They don't advertise it on their web site, but they do treat reptiles - including hot snakes!
    They are also the vet for the Loudoun County, VA Animal Control and several local zoos.

West Virginia

Bridgeport

Dr. Cynthia Linner

Audubon Animal Clinic
    17 Chenoweth Drive
    Bridgeport, WV 26330
    304-842-4836

http://www.audubonanimalclinic.com/

WASHINGTON

Bothell

Avian and Exotic Animal Hospital
    10137 Main Street, Suite 6, Bothell, WA 98011
    (425) 486-9000
    http://avianexoticanimalhospital.com/index.html

This clinic sees basically everything except dogs and cats. They're excellent and experienced in all types of snakes (including venomous!), all types of lizards and tortoises, birds, rabbits, rats, ferrets, basically anything exotic. I honestly wouldn't trust any of my pets to anybody else. He's willing to try anything, keeps informed on the most current advances in exotic medicine. Awesome vet! ~Allysen (Allysen)~

Seattle

Tracy Bennett, DVM
    Bird & Exotic Clinic of Seattle
    4019 Aurora Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98103
    Tel: (206) 783-4538

She's seen my beardies, ball, and red eared slider. She was very knowledgable with all. She's helpful, friendly, quick, and has a good staff. Everyone there just wants what's best for the animals. I highly recomend her! ~Brittany (brittany)~

WISCONSIN

Dr. Michael Wenninger
    Spartan Animal Hospital
    4811 Larson Beach Rd.
    McFarland, WI 53558
    (608) 838-6115
    http://www.spartananimalhospital.com/

Dr. Wenninger has bred ball pythons in the past and currently breeds retics. He was therefore very comfortable handling my ball python while doing a wellness exam that included everything from weighing her to examining her heart with an ultrasound. He and his friendly staff happily answered all of my questions and confirmed that the research I had done on BP husbandry was accurate. I plan to take my Russian tortoise in for his wellness exam as well, and Dr. Wenninger mentioned that he enjoyed working with tortoises. He also comes highly recommended by both the Madison Area Herpetological Society and Reptile Rapture, a local reptile supply store. ~ gruneaugen86 ~
    Last edited by dr del; 12-03-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    ~~Joanna~~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to frankykeno For This Useful Post:

STjepkes (04-24-2013)

Thanks

Re: Recommended Exotics Vets

CANADA

Nova Scotia

Halifax

Dr. Suzette Dibblee
    Fairview Animal Hospital
    The Village at Bayers Rd
    7071 Bayers Road,
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    B3L 2C2

Tel: 902-443-9385
    Fax: 902-445-4307

Dr. Dibblee is a great vet, She has a lot of experience with reptiles and when she is out of her depth she freely admits it and seeks an expert in that species or problem. She also listens carefully to the thoughts of the keeper and does not discount the ideas and experience out of hand. I personally do not expect a vet to know everything about all animals but I do expect them to admit when they do not know and seek advise for the issue. Suzette has demonstrated all of these traits in my dealings with her. ~(kitedemon)~

ONTARIO

Cavan

Dr. Richard Maser
    Cavan Hills Veterinary Service
    303 Hwy 7 A RR1, Cavan, Ontario L0A 1C0
    (705) 944-5776

Dr. Maser and his staff are very friendly. Although he does not receive a high number of exotic herps requiring treatment, he is very helpful and works well with snakes. Treatment fees are very reasonable as well. ~(missi182)~
    Last edited by dr del; 08-01-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    ~~Joanna~~

4. The Following User Says Thank You to frankykeno For This Useful Post:

4Ballz (07-26-2012)