Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 303

9 members and 294 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 09:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

Mittens (31)

» Stats

Members: 62,730
Threads: 235,982
Posts: 2,445,354
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, carin
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60
  1. #31
    BPnet Senior Member kitedemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-01-2010
    Location
    NS Canada
    Posts
    6,062
    Thanks
    657
    Thanked 1,792 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Images: 11
    Dr. Suzette Dibblee

    Fairview Animal Hospital
    The Village at Bayers Rd
    7071 Bayers Road,
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    B3L 2C2


    Tel: 902-443-9385
    Fax: 902-445-4307

    Dr. Dibblee is a great vet, She has a lot of experience with reptiles and when she is out of her depth she freely admits it and seeks an expert in that species or problem. She also listens carefully to the thoughts of the keeper and does not discount the ideas and experience out of hand. I personally do not expect a vet to know everything about all animals but I do expect them to admit when they do not know and seek advise for the issue. Suzette has demonstrated all of these traits in my dealings with her.

  2. #32
    in evinco persecutus dr del's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-20-2006
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    24,091
    Thanks
    7,612
    Thanked 6,119 Times in 3,937 Posts
    Images: 91

    Re: Our Own Vet List

    Added thank you.
    Derek

    7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

    kitedemon (08-01-2012)

  4. #33
    Registered User gruneaugen86's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-29-2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
    I have one to add, the first for Wisconsin!

    Dr. Michael Wenninger
    Spartan Animal Hospital
    4811 Larson Beach Rd.
    McFarland, WI 53558
    (608) 838-6115
    http://www.spartananimalhospital.com/

    Dr. Wenninger has bred ball pythons in the past and currently breeds retics. He was therefore very comfortable handling my ball python while doing a wellness exam that included everything from weighing her to examining her heart with an ultrasound. He and his friendly staff happily answered all of my questions and confirmed that the research I had done on BP husbandry was accurate. I plan to take my Russian tortoise in for his wellness exam as well, and Dr. Wenninger mentioned that he enjoyed working with tortoises. He also comes highly recommended by both the Madison Area Herpetological Society and Reptile Rapture, a local reptile supply store.
    Last edited by dr del; 10-02-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    -Savanna

    0.0.1 Russian Tortoise (Victor)
    0.1.0 Normal BP (Onyx)

  5. #34
    in evinco persecutus dr del's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-20-2006
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    24,091
    Thanks
    7,612
    Thanked 6,119 Times in 3,937 Posts
    Images: 91

    Re: Our Own Vet List

    Quote Originally Posted by gruneaugen86 View Post
    I have one to add, the first for Wisconsin!

    Dr. Michael Wenninger
    Spartan Animal Hospital
    4811 Larson Beach Rd.
    McFarland, WI 53558
    (608) 838-6115
    http://www.spartananimalhospital.com/

    Dr. Wenninger has bred ball pythons in the past and currently breeds retics. He was therefore very comfortable handling my ball python while doing a wellness exam that included everything from weighing her to examining her heart with an ultrasound. He and his friendly staff happily answered all of my questions and confirmed that the research I had done on BP husbandry was accurate. I plan to take my Russian tortoise in for his wellness exam as well, and Dr. Wenninger mentioned that he enjoyed working with tortoises. He also comes highly recommended by both the Madison Area Herpetological Society and Reptile Rapture, a local reptile supply store.
    Got it.
    Derek

    7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

  6. #35
    BPnet Veteran hypnotixdmp's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-04-2012
    Posts
    1,740
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 259 Times in 220 Posts

    Re: Our Own Vet List

    This ones for Florida! Best around!!

    Dr. Gina Forgey, DVM
    Safe Harbor Animal Hospital
    820 Creighton Rd.
    Pensacola, FL 32504
    (850) 476-5571
    http://www.safeharborhospital.com



    Ball Pythons
    0.2 Normals (Coilette and Mary Jane)
    1.0 Spider Morph (Zeus)
    1.0 Pastel (De Sol)

    Boas
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa (Stella)
    0.1 Hog Island BCI (Kiyoko)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa (Gloria)
    0.1 Yellow Anaconda (Serenity)
    Last edited by hypnotixdmp; 04-24-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    Ball Python
    0.2 Normals (Coilette and Mary Jane)
    1.0 Spider (Zues)
    1.0 Pastel (De Sol)

    Boa Constrictors
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa (Stella)
    0.1 BCI Hog Island (Kiyoko)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa (Gloria)
    1.1 Yellow Anaconda (Serenity and Diablo)
    0.1 Albino Common Northern Boa BCI (Pandora)

  7. #36
    BPnet Veteran Coleslaw007's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-27-2011
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    3,122
    Thanks
    2,666
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: Our Own Vet List

    Oh I never saw this. I've been very impressed with one in Phoenix, AZ

    Both the vets, Dr. Wayne Svoboda and Dr. Bernard Mangone are great at
    Palm Glen Animal Hospital
    http://www.palmglen.com/
    7771 North 43rd Avenue
    Phoenix, AZ 85051
    623-688-5362
    Fax: 623-931-1795


    I've brought my corn snake in for a serious injury and I've brought my balls in on multiple occasions for various things. Was very impressed. Prices are reasonable and they accept Care Credit.
    Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix

  8. #37
    in evinco persecutus dr del's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-20-2006
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    24,091
    Thanks
    7,612
    Thanked 6,119 Times in 3,937 Posts
    Images: 91

    Re: Our Own Vet List

    Quote Originally Posted by hypnotixdmp View Post
    This ones for Florida! Best around!!

    Dr. Gina Forgey, DVM
    Safe Harbor Animal Hospital
    820 Creighton Rd.
    Pensacola, FL 32504
    (850) 476-5571
    http://www.safeharborhospital.com



    Ball Pythons
    0.2 Normals (Coilette and Mary Jane)
    1.0 Spider Morph (Zeus)
    1.0 Pastel (De Sol)

    Boas
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa (Stella)
    0.1 Hog Island BCI (Kiyoko)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa (Gloria)
    0.1 Yellow Anaconda (Serenity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw007 View Post
    Oh I never saw this. I've been very impressed with one in Phoenix, AZ

    Both the vets, Dr. Wayne Svoboda and Dr. Bernard Mangone are great at
    Palm Glen Animal Hospital
    http://www.palmglen.com/
    7771 North 43rd Avenue
    Phoenix, AZ 85051
    623-688-5362
    Fax: 623-931-1795


    I've brought my corn snake in for a serious injury and I've brought my balls in on multiple occasions for various things. Was very impressed. Prices are reasonable and they accept Care Credit.
    Added both - thank you.
    Derek

    7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

  9. #38
    bcr229's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-18-2013
    Location
    Eastern WV Panhandle
    Posts
    7,669
    Thanks
    1,952
    Thanked 6,084 Times in 3,329 Posts
    Images: 12

    Re: Our Own Vet List

    They don't advertise it on their web site, but they do treat reptiles - including hot snakes!
    Blue Ridge Veterinary Associates
    120 East Cornwell Lane
    Purcellville, VA 20132
    540-338-7387
    http://www.blueridgevets.com/

    Regular appointments every day from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
    Open 24 hours for emergencies, they just need a heads-up call.

    They are also the vet for the Loudoun County, VA Animal Control and several local zoos.
    Last edited by bcr229; 06-14-2013 at 04:38 PM.

  10. #39
    in evinco persecutus dr del's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-20-2006
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    24,091
    Thanks
    7,612
    Thanked 6,119 Times in 3,937 Posts
    Images: 91

    Re: Our Own Vet List

    Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    They don't advertise it on their web site, but they do treat reptiles - including hot snakes!
    Blue Ridge Veterinary Associates
    120 East Cornwell Lane
    Purcellville, VA 20132
    540-338-7387
    http://www.blueridgevets.com/

    Regular appointments every day from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
    Open 24 hours for emergencies, they just need a heads-up call.

    They are also the vet for the Loudoun County, VA Animal Control and several local zoos.
    Added it to the list - thank you.
    Derek

    7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

  11. #40
    BPnet Veteran Shadera's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-27-2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,732
    Thanks
    717
    Thanked 536 Times in 374 Posts
    Images: 4

    Re: Our Own Vet List

    I've got a couple to add, if I may? Personal experience with these two, and they are both fantastic.

    West Virginia
    Audubon Animal Clinic
    Dr. Cynthia Linner
    http://www.audubonanimalclinic.com/
    17 Chenoweth Drive
    Bridgeport, WV 26330
    304-842-4836

    Montana
    Sapphire Animal Hospital
    http://www.sapphireanimalhospital.com/
    4052 Hwy. 93 North
    Stevensville, MT 59870
    (406) 777-4399

    Sapphire is my current vet. Husband and wife team, and both are great. Their kids own snakes. They're up front that they are a bit inexperienced with reptile medicine, but have always done plenty of research when I've needed their help and I've been satisfied with their quality of care. A vet that will actually take the time and listen as well as work together with you are worth their weight in gold. They see all my animals - snakes to cats to farm animals.
    Magickal Morphs

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1