Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,906

1 members and 2,905 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Our Own Vet List

I am very lucky that I found a reptile vet literally down the street from my house, it would be awesome to hear my vet is treating more reptiles than dogs and cats, because he very good with them
    1.0 Normal Ball Python- Little Dude
    0.0.1 Albino Kingsnake - Weiner
    Missi

Thanks

A good herp vet is gold! You're really lucky Missi to have one that close. We still miss our herp vet from back in Michigan. Dr. Pam not only had the skills but she truly loved working with the exotics.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Just bumping this to the front for a bit.

If you have a good herp/exotics vet please pm me and give me all the relevant info (refer to stickied list for what we need that way) so I can include them in our list. It's hard to find a good vet so let's help each other and share our favorite snake doctor.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

A big thank you to the members of BPNet that have so kindly contributed the names of their preferred exotics vets. Let's keep this list growing and please remember this is not just for vets in the United States. We'd love to see vets from all over the world included in our Recommended Exotics Vets List.

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...=671712#671712

To have your vet or vet clinic added just PM Joanna (frankykeno). Please include the vets full name, address and contact number for the clinic as well as a website addy if one is available. A short comment about why you like this particular vet/clinic is always appreciated.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

I just tried to send a PM recommending my vet, but it says your mailbox is full. So if you don't mind, I'll post my message here instead...

Hi! I have an exotics vet to add for the city of San Francisco CA... I've only used them for my mammals thus far, but know they treat reptiles and have already consulted with one doctor about mine. Probably the ONLY exotics vet in the Bay Area, at least in San Francisco, so it would be nice to add them.

Here's their info...
    All Pets Hospital
    269 South Van Ness Ave
    San Francisco, CA 94103
    (415) 861-5725
    Reptile docs: Alex Herman & Nicola Gillespie

My comments: I have been seeing Dr. Alex Herman for my mammals, and she is wonderful... helpful, friendly, reptile enthusiast, and really seems to care about her patients. Haven't (luckily) had a need to take any herps there yet, but I'd have no qualms about using her when I do.
    Lolo's Collection...
    Ball Pythons: 0.4 Normals, 1.0 Pastel, 1.1 Mojaves, 1.0 Black Pastel, 2.0 Spiders, 0.1 Lesser, 1.0 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Honeybee
    0.1 Spotted Python, 1.1 Stimson's Pythons, 1.0 Jungle Carpet Python
    3.4 Corn Snakes, 1.1 Western Hognose Snakes, 1.2 cats, and 1.0 dog (47lb mutt)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

I added that in for you.

I also changed the original post to say you can PM any member of staff about this and they will attend to it for you.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    Is this still being updated on a regular basis? If so I have an addition for Mississippi. Being that there isn't a single submission for MS, it could potentially be very helpful.

Let me know if I should still send a PM, or if I should make a thread mentioning the Vet and his whereabouts.
    0.1 Normal Octavia 1765g

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RichL For This Useful Post:

Manda32 (08-30-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    We've decided that it would be a nice addition to BPNet to create and maintain our own Exotics Vet List. A list by members for members, listing contact information for the vet and a short comment from the BPNet member recommending that particular vet/vet clinic. Please do not recommend a vet or clinic unless you have personally used them.

You can find the list here...

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=56792

If you've used an exotics vet and found them helpful, informative, cost effective, etc. and want to recommend them to our members please send a PM to me and I will add them. The list will be broken down by geographic area and hopefully will be a helpful resource for our members here.

Please remember in your PM to give me the vet's name, clinic name, address and phone number, what types of herps this vet sees (they may be good with snakes but not so great with gecko's for instance) as well as a short comment from you. Member names will be posted with each comment. If the vet/vet clinic has a website feel free to include that if you wish. If you see a vet already listed, feel free to send me your own comment to add if you've also used this vet and would recommend their services.
    Your PM is full so here is my recommendation:

All Pet Animal Hospital
    5354 Route 8
    Gibsonia, PA 15044
    724-444-6600
    http://www.allpet.vetsuite.com/Templ...quisitive.aspx

Dr. Kellie Person
    Dr Edward Bennett

Have been there twice once for a scale rot problem medicine Dr. Person gave fixed it right up and now for RI and my snake is making a swing to health. Have not taken any other reptiles but have to call them for a follow up question on a dog health matter and will ask them there treatment knowledge of other reptiles and amphibians. Highly recommend them great and friendly staff always helpful and respectful fun to work with.

Lance
    NEVER RELEASE FISH OR REPTILES OR ANY ANIMAL INTO THE WILD.

Please read the CARESHEET! to make sure you're doing the best you can for your pet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    We've decided that it would be a nice addition to BPNet to create and maintain our own Exotics Vet List. A list by members for members, listing contact information for the vet and a short comment from the BPNet member recommending that particular vet/vet clinic. Please do not recommend a vet or clinic unless you have personally used them.

You can find the list here...

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=56792

If you've used an exotics vet and found them helpful, informative, cost effective, etc. and want to recommend them to our members please send a PM to me and I will add them. The list will be broken down by geographic area and hopefully will be a helpful resource for our members here.

Please remember in your PM to give me the vet's name, clinic name, address and phone number, what types of herps this vet sees (they may be good with snakes but not so great with gecko's for instance) as well as a short comment from you. Member names will be posted with each comment. If the vet/vet clinic has a website feel free to include that if you wish. If you see a vet already listed, feel free to send me your own comment to add if you've also used this vet and would recommend their services.
    Your PM is full so here is my recommendation:

All Pet Animal Hospital
    5354 Route 8
    Gibsonia, PA 15044
    724-444-6600
    http://www.allpet.vetsuite.com/Templ...quisitive.aspx

Dr. Kellie Person
    Dr Edward Bennett

Have been there twice once for a scale rot problem medicine Dr. Person gave fixed it right up and now for RI and my snake is making a swing to health. Have not taken any other reptiles but have to call them for a follow up question on a dog health matter and will ask them there treatment knowledge of other reptiles and amphibians. Highly recommend them great and friendly staff always helpful and respectful fun to work with.

Lance

Please read the CARESHEET! to make sure you're doing the best you can for your pet.

Thanks
    sorry to post on here
    Last edited by lance; 12-09-2011 at 03:18 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast