Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,853

2 members and 2,851 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Whining Cat driving me nuts!!!!!

I need some advice because I cannot take this any longer.

Every morning at about 8am I am awakened by my younger cat about 5 months old.

He kneads me, whines, and al over me.

We just took him off soft food about 2 weeks ago but this sint the problem because when one of us gets up when he wakes us he just acts normal. Not like he is hungry.

This IMO is more like he is bored and just wants someone awake.

If we shut the bedroom door he will sit there and cry till we open it.

I said to my fiance to get earplugs but I dont think she'll wear them. I could probably though.

Any suggestions?

Maybe this might stop after he is neutered?

Thanks

Re: Whining Cat driving me nuts!!!!!

I had an insane cat once. He would lay on my chest while I slept and watch my eyes move, and then he would bat my eyes for fun, and he wasnt declawed. He held marathons in the apartment, and my bed was on the route. He would dump his toys out and destroy the living room. He was an awesome cat. I felt really mean about it, but when I went to bed, he went to bed in the bathroom. He got used to it, and when he was a year old, he finally decided to just chill out at night, so he got to come out and sleep with me, and he quit waking me up.
    I dont know if it will work for your cat, but mine took some "crating".

Thanks

I also had a neurotic cat that sat on my face while I was sleeping and ran marathons around the house. After a few squirts with a water bottle, she stopped sitting on my face and learned to lay beside me, although occassionally she would get that hankering for face sitting, but would settle for sharing my pillow. just keep a water bottle next to your bed and when he howls at the door or whines or sits on your chest squirt him and say firmly NO. they get the idea quick enough.
    Doris

Thanks

Your cat is just young and wants attention. They eventually grow out of it.

Take my cat Miki for instance. When I first brought her home I got two hours of sleep over the course of two days. Why is this? She would not leave me alone. Because she was not used to the dogs, I had to keep her in my room and she would wake me up every few minutes wanting to play or wanting me to pet her. She was very much the cuddle bug and wrapped her body around my head and laid her head on my neck. Very cute. But then again, I got no sleep. She was constantly waking me up for the first few months and eventually it tapered off and now she just runs around the room with my other cat Tyran (who currently wakes me up just for poops and giggles). Miki is now 2 years old and is content to climb up into bed and go to sleep next to my legs or feet.

Just give it time and let the cat know whether you are ok with it being in your room while you sleep. If you want the cat out of the room while you sleep, keep it out and invest in some ear plugs. I had to put Tyran in the bathroom during the first week she was here because Miki didn't like her at first. She meowed all night long. You just have to get used to it or find a way to plug your ears. You can't stop a cat from meowing.

(an interesting tid-bit. Someone told me that cats do not meow at other cats. They hiss, purr, growl, and things like that but do not actually MEOW at each other. My cats have never meowed at each other.)
    Under Construction.....