Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,983

2 members and 2,981 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: i think my retf are fat...

oops, i didn't really word that right at all. i meant that your frogs are darker than the frogs i had. here are a few old pics of mine taken during their awake hours (i think the top one was taken with flash and the bottom was without):

- Emily

Thanks

I think they are slightly different actually.. their heads are even differnet a little bit, although it could just be different animals (you and i are humans but dont look alike type thing) they are beautiful great pics!!

real quick, because im concerned with the ones weight should i be feeding them nightly? They are sitting above where the food dish was (Took it out for cleaning) as if the crickets are going to appear lol

Thanks
    Blog Entries

they are close to adult size so they shouldn't need to be feed every day unless they are underweight. that said, i'm not really even sure what the proper weight is for a retf (but they shouldn't look thin), but you might feed them a few crickets tonight and see if they go for them. how many crickets of what size did they eat last?
    - Emily

Thanks

well i put 9 in there two days ago.. last night there were 3 and today they were gone.. They are pretty big crickets, xxxxxxxx about that long.. sorry but everyone calls them something different. they were a bit bigger than what were used to.

what the heck was that?!!!!

One of the frogs was doing this hopping in place thing for about 10 seconds, very powerful like im shocked it didnt break the blade of plant while the other frog creeped by while it made a quick quiet almost croak sound.. i did mist the tank heavily tonight.. is that calling or a defensive action? way cool!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

you could go ahead and feed tonight. usually 3 or 4 feedings per week is good as long as they are eating all the crickets in between each feeding. if there are still crickets left over when it is time to feed again just feed less crickets.

i'm not sure about the hopping in place. they don't tend to be territorial so maybe the hopping frog was just excited to see the other one? ha, i don't really know.

misting the tank doesn't really induce breeding behavior--a rain chamber set on a timer and the barometric changes from spring storms does. males will still call and attempt to breed at various times of year (but especially during spring storms) but the females just lug them around while they hang on for dear life.
    - Emily

Thanks

hahaha thats really funny!!! i wonder what else would make it do that all of a sudden, ack i have to break some more legs?! thanks for all the help youve been alife saver i swear

Thanks

ok, so i dont loose count i put in 7. It actually went alot faster clipping legs this time. i guess im getting better at it lol (not something to be proud of.. poor crickets, i would rather die to a beardie)

edit: wow what a fast response!! there is already 2 missing crickets and the frog (cant tell them apart) is still in the food tub! that was wonderful suggestion emily

edit #3: there are now 3 missing total and i got to see one of the frogs eating!!!!!!!!

Thanks

btw, that was the thinner of the two frogs that just snagged 3 crickets!!!! im on cloud 9 right now i swear.. i got some amazing photos, just wait till you see (new thread coming)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234