Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,855

3 members and 2,852 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: My Feeder Euthanizer (DIY CO2 chamber)

Quote Originally Posted by XGetSome View Post
    How perfect, i have a 30lb bottle of CO2 I used to use on a calcium reactor for my saltwater fish tank, and for refilling paintball co2 tanks. It costs literally 15$ to fill and It lasts forever, its about waist high........I may try this. I need to build A large Co2 chamber as I would be euthanising 20 or so at a time becuase I breed rats, and buy them a hundred at a time live...

Here's a link to a great CO2 chamber:

http://www.thereddragonsden.com/co2.htm

Thanks

Connie,

BINGO!!!!

According to page 3 of the AVMA (AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION) GUIDELINES ON EUTHANASIA (JUNE 2007), it is clearly written that "unacceptable techniques are those methods deemed inhumane under any conditions....." and this includes dry ice.

......... and unacceptable techniques are those methods deemed inhumane under any conditions or that the panel found posed a substantial risk to the human applying the technique.

You have stated repeatedly that dry ice is considered unacceptable with no mention of it being inhumane, therefore, you assumed (deduced) dry ice is a humane method of euthanasia.

I did more research and found that dry ice is inhumane and my hope is that everyone here that uses dry ice to stop doing so because the AVMA clearly states that it is an inhumane method of euthanasia.

I would like to see you let others here and on your website know that they should no longer use dry ice because it is considered inhumane by the AVMA.

Tyler

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxTYLERxx View Post
    Connie,

BINGO!!!!

According to page 3 of the AVMA (AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION) GUIDELINES ON EUTHANASIA (JUNE 2007), it is clearly written that "unacceptable techniques are those methods deemed inhumane under any conditions....." and this includes dry ice.

......... and unacceptable techniques are those methods deemed inhumane under any conditions or that the panel found posed a substantial risk to the human applying the technique.

You have stated repeatedly that dry ice is considered unacceptable with no mention of it being inhumane, therefore, you assumed (deduced) dry ice is a humane method of euthanasia.

I did more research and found that dry ice is inhumane and my hope is that everyone here that uses dry ice to stop doing so because the AVMA clearly states that it is an inhumane method of euthanasia.

I would like to see you let others here and on your website know that they should no longer use dry ice because it is considered inhumane by the AVMA.

Tyler
    Tyler, your starting to show your true colors, it isn't pretty I must say.

Since you felt it necessary to post the same thing from the original thread... I will too.

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    Yet again, I don't see where this implys that dry ice is inhumane. Perhaps it could pose a risk to the human...

What you've written is not saying that unacceptable techniques are automatically inhumane, but that inhumane techniques are not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by xxTylerxx
    unacceptable techniques are those methods deemed inhumane under any conditions
    ...those methods DEEMED inhumane. When was the use of dry ice deemed inhumane exactly?

Again, I don't see where there is such a definitive line like you continue to berate us with.

And no, I will present everything on my website like I intend to. Until you can answer these questions, I still stand by what I have said.
    Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl
    I again suggest you slow down and read everything I have posted here. I think it is satisfactorily answered your repeated questions, yet you have not attempted to answer mine.

1. Where does the text say it is not humane? Have they listed reasons why?

2. Can you find concrete proof that the dry ice sublimation creates too little CO2 to fall within the guidelines of the AVMA article, or that the use of prefilling a container with CO2 from dry ice is also not within the guidelines?

3. Where in the text have they left any other forms of inhumane euthanasia without the text explicitly saying it is inhumane?

Thanks
    Haha, cool. I was wondering what I could use my Omaha Steaks containers and paintball Co2 canister for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxTYLERxx View Post
    Connie,

BINGO!!!!

Tyler

Congrats Tyler, and don't mind the people who are bashing you like the comment below. I am a N.W.C.O. and must say that if its inhumane then its just inhumane. Period.

You want to bash Tyler and say his true colors arent pretty? Yours arent pretty, and they are morbid and sick. Point Blank Period. Abide by the laws and regulations. Did you know you can serve a jail sentence?
    Dry ice is inhumane, depending on how its administered, and judging by some of the ignorant comments on this thread Ill just assume that none of you know how to properly do it. Either way if the A.M.V.A. is saying its inhumane and you are breeding rats then yes do it the right way.

As for the original poster of this thread.. Thank you very much, I found this very usefull in the help of contructing my company a much more humane way of dispatching nusiance wildlife under the division of wildlife code. not exactly sure the code reference but its there.

again, dont bash the guy for giving a crap. most of you need to actually be bashed on a physical level.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    not to stir the pot but how is co2 ok and dry ice is not? dry ice is compressed co2...lol
    its all politics. i have taken dry ice and placed a small amount of pellets in a small container of water placed this inside a bigger container with rats in it. the co2 builds and slowly fills the larger container. its using co2 just a diff delivery method. as long as its done slowly and not just dumped into on the rats then i dont see a difference. most likely when it was deemed un-humane the method was either taken out of context or was a diff method all together using dry ice. imho its all crap.
    adam jeffery

7. The Following User Says Thank You to adamjeffery For This Useful Post:

Gene Collins (11-22-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I see that you are not using a regulator. Is this something that is absolutely necessary? I do want to put my rats down as humanely as possible. A regulator around here costs around $65.00.

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts
    FYI: They sell a ON/OFF CO2 bottle fill adaptor on ebay $7 (ALEKO Paintball Universal Co2 Adapter Fill Station Remote On Off)https://www.ebay.com/itm/162350115166
    and at :cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r:s Sporting Goods is a 12oz bottle, $24. Then go to LOWES and get a peice of hose (they cut the length you want) $4/$5.. And a brass hose fitting that is NPT thread for the on/off adaptor you get for the bottle... You can use any container as a chamber, even a big Rubbermaid container. I dont freeze, i feed fresh kill so i do a few rats and throw them into the enclosures...
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (11-03-2020)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234