Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,086

1 members and 3,085 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: My Feeder Euthanizer (DIY CO2 chamber)

Sorry for posting, but how much did it cost to make?

Thanks

I dont know about those who started the thread, but I just went out and bought the supplies. The paintball CO2 canister was $35 for a 20 oz andd $5 for refills. The remote that he found for $55 I found for $39 so I guess just shop around if you want that and it came with tubing that you can just run into your chamber. I also plan to use the steak styrofoam boxes I have sitting around, GREAT excuse to order some delicious steaks. So $70-$100 startup (steaks not included) and then you just need new containers when they get dirty and a $5 CO2 refill.

GREAT little device. No longer getting overrun with too many big rats, just freeze them when they are a size that works for you. Thanks for the AMAZING POST!
    Last edited by Pythonman; 03-09-2008 at 02:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks

Awesome idea man! I really like it. I have a couple of questions...

1. How much does your average CO2 canister cost? Say one of the 9oz's or so that you have.

2. How many times will you be able to fill the container with CO2 before the canister runs out?

Thanks!
    1.0 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
    1.0 Hypo Columbian Red Tail Boa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bender29 View Post
    Awesome idea man! I really like it. I have a couple of questions...

1. How much does your average CO2 canister cost? Say one of the 9oz's or so that you have.

2. How many times will you be able to fill the container with CO2 before the canister runs out?

Thanks!
    hey, paintball tanks range from $20-$60 usually. I like having the two 9oz's because then I always have a backup, and never run out in mid-kill. Oh man that would suck for the rats. And as for how many times you can use it? Get this, I got those 2 filled around the time I first posted this thread, and I just got them refilled for the first time tonight! I've probly killed between 100-200 rats since then.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pwilliams58 View Post
    hey, paintball tanks range from $20-$60 usually. I like having the two 9oz's because then I always have a backup, and never run out in mid-kill. Oh man that would suck for the rats. And as for how many times you can use it? Get this, I got those 2 filled around the time I first posted this thread, and I just got them refilled for the first time tonight! I've probly killed between 100-200 rats since then.
    Thanks for the info.

Holy crap, so a little bit goes a long way...
    1.0 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
    1.0 Hypo Columbian Red Tail Boa

Registered User SnakesvsRodents's Avatar
    Thanks

I just tried this method for the first time this past weekend, worked perfectly!!! No more bitting my nails thinking about the possibility of any of my snakes getting bit!

Thanks, Great write up!
    Bernie

Thanks

Awesome, i'll give this a shot tonight. My fioance is pissed at me because i freeze the rats and one managed to get out of the box and loose in the freezer for about three days, chewing it's way through hot pockets... stupid rat.
    Anyway, can this also be used to anestisize (or however it's spelled) the rats for examination (i.e. sick breeders) or only for euthanization?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whytepizza View Post
    Awesome, i'll give this a shot tonight. My fioance is pissed at me because i freeze the rats and one managed to get out of the box and loose in the freezer for about three days, chewing it's way through hot pockets... stupid rat.
    Anyway, can this also be used to anestisize (or however it's spelled) the rats for examination (i.e. sick breeders) or only for euthanization?
    CO2 is not an anesthesia and can never be used to anesthetize a rat. Only a veterinarian can anesthetize an animal and by using the appropriate drug (anesthesia). Good luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whytepizza View Post
    So you put live rats in the freezer??? Isnt that terrible? I would hate to freeze to death
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -
    Do you like Texas BBQ? Do you want to know where I will be so you can get some?>>>>>My Catering Company Facebook Page<<<<<
    reptilebasics.com Rich is awesome - texas4x4.org -pirate4x4.com

Ridgecrest, California...Gateway to Death Valley!
    Thanks

How perfect, i have a 30lb bottle of CO2 I used to use on a calcium reactor for my saltwater fish tank, and for refilling paintball co2 tanks. It costs literally 15$ to fill and It lasts forever, its about waist high........I may try this. I need to build A large Co2 chamber as I would be euthanising 20 or so at a time becuase I breed rats, and buy them a hundred at a time live...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast