Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,795

2 members and 2,793 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

beardie rescue with questions..

ok, so im going to pick up a rescue dragon (not really a rescue, guy is moving has been caring for the dragon as far as i know) i actually got into this because the man was selling his 55gal, tank, lid, exc but in fine print the dragon came with.. thus another dragon (Female) shes going to stay in the 55 gal she comes in and the stand is an iron one so i can just get another 55gal and have the babies in their own on the top, this girl on the bottom. which leads me to my question.

how do i bring her home? do i just leave her in the tank and move everything together, would it be less stressfull to move her in a cardboard box, put her on a leash and hold her, exc?

shes two years old and he said he just fed her lots of mealworms today.. should she stay on mealworms or put her on crickets like canon and nikon? isnt 80% of their diet at that age greens anyway...

how many crickets/mealworms should she be eating daily vs greens? (so i know im feeding her enough)

is there anything else i should know or look out for?

does she need to be QT in another location before coming home? can she really carry anything anyway?

sorry for all the questions and thank you!

Thanks

Re: beardie rescue with questions..

oh yeah.. and how the heck do i find a hid big enough for this girl? its not like giving her a planter thing upside down...suggestions? does she really *need* it.. for the sake of cleanliness should i replace the sand shes coming with and give ehr playground play sand instead so *i* know its clean?