Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,365

1 members and 3,364 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dopey dragons..

Thanks

dopey dragons..

i have officially taken everything out of their enclosure cause these pesky crickets keep getting away (hiding and i think they all get eaten) so im leaving their enclosure with just them and the crickets and do ya think they would be tagging the crickets? of course not! i have seen them eat greens really well, they are fat, had a good soaking tonight and pooping plenty now if these boogers would just catch a cricket i would be pleased.

also whats up with all the ants these crickets have brought into my house?! I havnt had ants in the almost four years we have had our condo and now all of a sudden we have ants in and near the dragons tank whats up with that?!
    anything you can suggest i use so we can get rid of them without killing the crickets (crickets are outside anyway) or harming the dragons? my dad is an exterminator but everything he uses is not safe for "small animals and reptiles"

Thanks

Re: dopey dragons..

ok, now that im done retrieving crickets lol... how late should i let these guys have light for? I typically turn the lights on at 7am. i did get some good pics of these two they are getting along wonderfully. i didnt get any neat waves tonight pooey but otherwise they are a joy to have. at this point im sure their disintrest in crickets have to do with settling in at this point.

Thanks

Okay seeing as I'm doing co-op with a Bearded Dragon Breeder(Chris R), I have learned that he feeds veggies ( lettuce and other greens) As well as meal worms or super worms, but make sure the worm is as big as the space between their eyes, if its larger they could become impacted. What Chris does is the lights are all on timers, probably 12/12, 12 hours on, 12 hours off. But never feed when the lights are off, they need lights to digest.
    Hope this helps
    Sorry if anything was confusing, its been rough lately around here, parents.. lol
    Anyways... Good luck!

EDIT.. Sorry I just realized, turn your lights on at 8 am, and turn them off at 8 pm. Hope that helps!..END EDIT
    Mitch

Thanks

YES YES YES YES YES i just saw my girl grab and eat a nice cricket!!!!!

wow, now almost 1130 at night and the critters lights are still on whoops..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyB
    YES YES YES YES YES i just saw my girl grab and eat a nice cricket!!!!!

wow, now almost 1130 at night and the critters lights are still on whoops..
    Congrats! Now make sure you use Calcium dust! That is a MUST HAVE for a healthy dragon!
    And also, you should try to invest in a timer, that way you don't have to worry about anything
    Good luck! Hope my advice helped!
    Mitch

Thanks

thank you, it did!! the girls are looking around for more crickets (figures i get them all out and NOW they want them) i do need to get some of the dust. i have been gut loading my crickets (We have the cricket stuff they eat and the cricket quencher) as for the timer, thats not a bad idea

thank you again for all the help, this forum has been an AWESOME LIFE SAVER

Thanks

thank you, it did!! the girls are looking around for more crickets (figures i get them all out and NOW they want them) i do need to get some of the dust. i have been gut loading my crickets (We have the cricket stuff they eat and the cricket quencher) as for the timer, thats not a bad idea

thank you again for all the help, this forum has been an AWESOME LIFE SAVER
    Yeah, get a timer that will be worth it and not melt down on you.
    Also what you could do is take the legs off the crickets and put them in a dish and let your dragons eat. But yes Calcium dust is a MUST, if you want a dragon with big strong bones

PS..I myself don't have a dragon, but when you go to a breeders house every night for co-op you learn alot. I love it
    Mitch

Thanks

how horrible take the legs off?! i dont know i could do that with as many crickets as these kids are going to be eating!! nor do i think i could do it period, is a good idea though

what i want to do is get rid of these ants they are crawling on my dragons and driving my crazY!!!

thank you for your help!

Thanks

how horrible take the legs off?! i dont know i could do that with as many crickets as these kids are going to be eating!! nor do i think i could do it period, is a good idea though

what i want to do is get rid of these ants they are crawling on my dragons and driving my crazY!!!

thank you for your help!
    Yeah try to get rid of those ants ASAP. Also you should try meal worms, or small super worms. When their full grown they get about 5 every other day plus 3 maggot like worms. With dust.
    Hope this helps, good luck make sure to get some more pics!
    Mitch

Thanks

ive been informed baby dragons shouldnt eat mealworms, their exoskeleton is much too hard... i could stand to be corrected though. on the topic of the damn ants my husband is supposed to be picking some stuff up tomorrow on his way home from work. its almost midnight where we are and hes just now getting ready to leave work grrrr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast