Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,659

1 members and 2,658 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Question Re: Rep System REVIVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Dear Members,

Thank you all for your participation in the Rep System Poll, and for all your input, past and present, about how the rep system seems to work for you. While we realize that we will never be able to please everyone at all times...especially with something as subjective and sometimes controversial as a "reputation system"...it is our goal to do what we believe is best for the community as a whole.

To that end, we believe it is worth at least trying a new way of leaving and receiving reputation comments. It is our hope that removing the ability to leave anonymous comments will cut down on the abuses of the system. However, if at any time, the administration feels this new rep-system method is causing more harm or drama or is in any way disruptive to the community, we will return to the old anonymous system, or try something entirely different.

Once again...as in the Poll thread...this announcement will remain open for the time being for technical questions and clarifications needed. Discussions about pros, cons, merits, or opinions on any aspect of the Reputation System should be carried on elsewhere. Preferably in the QT Room.

If you do not have access to the QT Room, and would like to have it, please send a PM to any admin. (iceman25, JLC, mlededee, rabernet)
    I can't access the QT room,is this a problem?! I cant think why I need access,but?I was only trying to check it out based on this thread.I think what I really need is all in the rep system (hopefully) I was just looking for "bad guys" so as to not purchase anything from them!

Thanks

Re: Rep System REVIVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anaconda6769 View Post
    I can't access the QT room,is this a problem?! I cant think why I need access,but?I was only trying to check it out based on this thread.I think what I really need is all in the rep system (hopefully) I was just looking for "bad guys" so as to not purchase anything from them!
    You can PM an admin (names in red) for access to the QT room.
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

Whoa! Please eanswer this for me.

Im sorry, I know this is getting old but im very confused now.

I just read something about this, went searching for the answer, read this thread and now im a bit worried. What is it about the color of the rep point if your too new to have enough points to affect the rep you give?

Ive given rep points and I was sure I gave positive (green) points but I happen to see an argument between some other people who claimed they gave green but it showed up grey?

Then I read this thread and see things about neutral vs positive/old vs new.

Im completely lost now.

Please tell me I havent given anyone negative or even neutral rep points. That was never my intention and I would like to kow if I have.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draigess View Post

I just read something about this, went searching for the answer, read this thread and now im a bit worried. What is it about the color of the rep point if your too new to have enough points to affect the rep you give?

Ive given rep points and I was sure I gave positive (green) points but I happen to see an argument between some other people who claimed they gave green but it showed up grey?

Im completely lost now.

Please tell me I havent given anyone negative or even neutral rep points. That was never my intention and I would like to kow if I have.
    I will explain for you and even type reeeeaaaalllll slow so you understand .If you are recently new and give either positive or neg rep it will only be nuetral.This way new people can not come here and pop others right off.Are you still with me ? So basicly it will show up but the value will be zero
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    I will explain for you and even type reeeeaaaalllll slow so you understand .If you are recently new and give either positive or neg rep it will only be nuetral.This way new people can not come here and pop others right off.Are you still with me ? So basicly it will show up but the value will be zero
    OR - if your reputation is too low, due to you receiving too many negative reps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    OR - if your reputation is too low, due to you receiving too many negative reps
    Oh yea thanks Nate .Did you type that real slow also?
    Joe Haggard

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Im completely lost now.

Red square are for negative reputation

Green square are for positive reputation

Grey square do not affect your reputation whether + or - they do not count.

Grey square come from brand new member unable to use the rep system.

You are not a new member so when you leave a rep it counts and will show as either green or red.
    Deborah Stewart

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Red square are for negative reputation

Green square are for positive reputation

Grey square do not affect your reputation whether + or - they do not count.

Grey square come from brand new member unable to use the rep system.

You are not a new member so when you leave a rep it counts and will show as either green or red.

Big Gunns is still waiting for you guys to add Platinum reps for him...and him alone.

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

Joe... You must really want to be smacked huh.. I really need some mice so i think i AM gonna come see you real soon.. Lol. So how do i know(and dont forget to type real slow) if im too new for my rep points to show up green? The ones i give. What constitutes "new"? Time? Posts?

Thanks

Joe... You must really want to be smacked huh.. I really need some mice so i think i AM gonna come see you real soon.. Lol. So how do i know(and dont forget to type real slow) if im too new for my rep points to show up green? The ones i give. What constitutes "new"? Time? Posts?
    Bring it .Well as Debora all ready said(she typed to fast i guess ) your reps should either show green for positive or red for negs that you give out.I typed reeeeaaaal slow for you again
    Joe Haggard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast