Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 520

1 members and 519 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Rep System REVIVED!!

Dear Members,

Thank you all for your participation in the Rep System Poll, and for all your input, past and present, about how the rep system seems to work for you. While we realize that we will never be able to please everyone at all times...especially with something as subjective and sometimes controversial as a "reputation system"...it is our goal to do what we believe is best for the community as a whole.

To that end, we believe it is worth at least trying a new way of leaving and receiving reputation comments. It is our hope that removing the ability to leave anonymous comments will cut down on the abuses of the system. However, if at any time, the administration feels this new rep-system method is causing more harm or drama or is in any way disruptive to the community, we will return to the old anonymous system, or try something entirely different.

Here are some new guidelines that we will be following under this new system:

-- Rep Abuse and/or Retaliation Games -- Concerns about abuse or "retaliation hits" MUST be addressed via Private Messages to a staff member. At that time, we will look into it. Given the often subjective nature of how to use the reputation system, it will require a minimum of three staff members in agreement to determine if a hit has been done in retaliation or in an abusive manner. A member found to be abusing the system will recieve a warning. And if necessary, a second warning. On the third offense, the ability of that member to use the rep system at all will be permanently removed.

-- Complaints about Neg Reps -- A new thread will be started and stickied in the Quarantine Room. If any member feels compelled to make a public statement about any reputation comment they have recieved, it must be made in this thread. Any such statements made in other threads, or new threads started for that purpose will be deleted without warning or notice. This sort of public statement does NOT mean your complaint will recieve any staff attention. If you have a genuine concern about a rep comment you have recieved, you must address it in private with the staff.
    Once again...as in the Poll thread...this announcement will remain open for the time being for technical questions and clarifications needed. Discussions about pros, cons, merits, or opinions on any aspect of the Reputation System should be carried on elsewhere. Preferably in the QT Room.

If you do not have access to the QT Room, and would like to have it, please send a PM to any admin. (mlededee, dr del)
    Last edited by mlededee; 05-04-2021 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Updating to current Admins
    -- Judy

Thanks

Re: Rep System REVIVED!!

I'd like to say "thanks" to ALL the Admin's for doing a good job around here, and as well as trying to keep this site as friendly as possible.
    You guys and gals put a lot of effort into this site and I and I'm sure eveyone around here really appreciates it all.
    I do envy you guys!
    and again, THANKS for all your hard work!
    This is why Ball-Pythions is my FAV site on the entire web!
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?

Thanks

This "test account" guy loves me, left me oodles of grey feedback hits.
    Sam Mounts
    Gecko Den

Thanks

I don't understand the "testaccount"... All the rep says that.. I though we were supposed to see who gives us the rep..?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BallPythonsRule
    I don't understand the "testaccount"... All the rep says that.. I though we were supposed to see who gives us the rep..?

All PAST negatives and neutrals will show "testaccount". All negatives going forward will show the name. And maybe the neutrals - Raj?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    And maybe the neutrals - Raj?

I was wondering about this today.

I have recieved a couple and they didn't leave their name.

VP of Cool
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    All PAST negatives and neutrals will show "testaccount". All negatives going forward will show the name. And maybe the neutrals - Raj?
    All neutrals in the past would be attributed to testaccount. All future neutrals will carry the users name whether the point was intended to be positive or negative.
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iceman25
    All future neutrals will carry the users name whether the point was intended to be positive or negative.
    Fantastic.

thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iceman25
    All neutrals in the past would be attributed to testaccount. All future neutrals will carry the users name whether the point was intended to be positive or negative.

Will we be able to tell if it was intended to be positive or negative? I have gotten a nuetral and was unsure by wording.

VP of Cool
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Jungle
    Will we be able to tell if it was intended to be positive or negative? I have gotten a nuetral and was unsure by wording.
    Unfortunately that would be upto the individual receiving the hit to interpret. You could always pm the party who gave you the rep and inquire.
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast