Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,911

0 members and 1,911 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: anaconda owners

Thanks

anaconda owners

I was just wondering what kind of work is involved in taking care of such a giant snake and how many people it takes to handle sucha massive creature. i give you guys mad credit for owning something so big.

Thanks

Re: anaconda owners

I have an 11 ft male, and he can be a handful... but on the other hand, mine is the friendliest annie I've ever seen, so it could be a lot worse. The biggest problem that I have with them is the amount of work it takes to keep them clean. They go a lot and when they go, they really go...

Anyways, ben could help you out a lot more with information, I'm sure he'll post on here soon enough...
    www.monsterpets.net

Thanks

From what I understand the require a lot of humidity. Dont quote me on it.

Ben Renick is the person to speak with if you want to know all about annies
    -Linh
    0.1 Sumatran Stp
    1.0 Pastel BP

Thanks

I have 4 anacondas.. 3 are yellows and one is a green. Only one is full grown.. he's a 7' male granite yellow.

All 4 will bite at times, though they all seem to have calmed down since I have gotten them. As was mentioned, they do potty a lot (especially in their water tubs if they have them, can you say poop soup?) but mostly they're pretty easy care.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

i have a green anaconda almost a year old. and he is the most loving snake i have. he is cool. he doesnt try to attempt to bite any one. there quite easy to taek care of. they LOVE to SIT IN THERE WATER BOWL ( a big bowl) and when they go to the bathroom... they really go.. they leave quite a mess lol.

i also recommend a using news paper for the bottom instead of cedar(dangerous to animals) and the carpet (pain to clean). news paper is easy. pick it up and throw it away.

but over all anacondas are a intermidate snake. they should only be bought by people who are going to have enough time wit them

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plummer View Post
    i have a green anaconda almost a year old. and he is the most loving snake i have. he is cool. he doesnt try to attempt to bite any one. there quite easy to taek care of. they LOVE to SIT IN THERE WATER BOWL ( a big bowl) and when they go to the bathroom... they really go.. they leave quite a mess lol.

i also recommend a using news paper for the bottom instead of cedar(dangerous to animals) and the carpet (pain to clean). news paper is easy. pick it up and throw it away.

but over all anacondas are a intermidate snake. they should only be bought by people who are going to have enough time wit them
    Annacondas are a deffinat intermediate snake. If you haven't had any other large snake stick with something a little smaller and easier to maintain.