Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,270

0 members and 1,270 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Leucistic/Snow kingsnakes?

Hey guys,

just out of curiosity, does anyone know a reputable breeder of snow kings? Hopefully one in AZ? As far as I know the snow kings are the patternless high-whites (because we know the issues with kingsnake morph names, don't we...? )
    Amarin Astarte | Serval@Large
    http://www.peatrax.com

1.0 High White Aberrant Cali King <Voodoo> | 1.0 Lavender Florida King <Rhybahn> | 1.0 MBK <Ochoa>
    1.2 Peafowl <Elton, Amy, Josephine> | 1.2 Silver Phoenix <Houin, Kouyou, Soleil>
    0.3.1 Pharaoh Quail <Lady Godiva (Tibetan), Unnamed (Tuxedo), Nefertari (Italian), Unnamed (Normal)>
    2.0 Button Quail <Halfpint (Normal), Royale (Red-breast)> | The Zebra Finch Collective | 20 gal fishtank | 1.0 Crowntail Betta

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Re: Leucistic/Snow kingsnakes?

There is a guy who produces snows. I don't believe there has been a leucistic as yet. I am totally blaking the name of the snow breeder, even though I've done business with him. He has ads on KS whenever he has babies.

I am TERRIBLE with names but if I can remember it I'll post it here.

There are several people out there selling highwhites and ivories as snows, but as far as I'm concerned the snow is an albino mutation in which no melanin is present at all.

Calkings are great snakes.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Talking Re: Leucistic/Snow kingsnakes?

LOL! There's that problem with naming conventions with kings again! Which is why I mentioned both Leucy and Snow because one can never be too sure what's the official and what's the nickname! Whatever are we calling the little dears? Ivories and high whites and snows, oh my!

Thanks a lot! I don't know if it makes a difference since I don't plan to breed any of my babies if I get a high white or a snow or an ivory (that's a new one for me! :eek: ). Is the issue with those the pricing, or with genetics when it comes to passing off one for another? What I really want is a pretty all-snow-white king. I'm not sure what the eye colors on each of those other morphs are, do you know?

So many kingsnake morphs to collect, so little space...
    Amarin Astarte | Serval@Large
    http://www.peatrax.com

1.0 High White Aberrant Cali King <Voodoo> | 1.0 Lavender Florida King <Rhybahn> | 1.0 MBK <Ochoa>
    1.2 Peafowl <Elton, Amy, Josephine> | 1.2 Silver Phoenix <Houin, Kouyou, Soleil>
    0.3.1 Pharaoh Quail <Lady Godiva (Tibetan), Unnamed (Tuxedo), Nefertari (Italian), Unnamed (Normal)>
    2.0 Button Quail <Halfpint (Normal), Royale (Red-breast)> | The Zebra Finch Collective | 20 gal fishtank | 1.0 Crowntail Betta

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Re: Leucistic/Snow kingsnakes?

The snows I got, and I think the guy lived in Illinois, are pink/red eyed albinos with NO black.

Ivories, well I started calling them this back in the 80s when we'd cross coastal and desert blood. The mature individuals looked like old ivory, sort of yellow, though not as bright as a pure coastal and no where near the white of desert calking.

I figure anything that is 80% white is a good high white, just like anything with 80% yellow is a high yellow and 90% or more yellow is a banana. Of course there are some that are closer to 98% yellow that are even better bananas. I see a lot of 50-60% white/yellows as snows/bananas and they just aren't.

I still can't remember the breeders name I got the snows I had from and I gave them to someone else to work with. I'm thinking maybe it was Steve or Peter. I am SO bad with names.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org