Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,848

1 members and 1,847 guests
Gio,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paradox

Thanks
    And still no answers! lol I was just Googling paradox bp and this thread came up
    Last edited by Dev_DeCoste; 12-29-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks
    lol, the thread is from 2007

anyway, in BPs it appears to be random, at least in most cases its random.

however, a recessive morph that will cause EXTREME paradoxes has since been discovered. its called atomic. it seems as if that gene will cover the entire body of the snake with tons of paradoxes that sort of blend into each other.

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/mo...mic-queen-bee/ this atomic queen bee looks totally insane. sort of like different patterns layered on top of each other.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I've still not heard much on breeding results to figure out paradox ball pythons.

Thanks

Re: Paradox

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRemington View Post
    I've still not heard much on breeding results to figure out paradox ball pythons.
    isnt that exactly what the atomic morph is? i see it as a proven genetic recessive that will cover the whole BP with extreme paradoxes. of course that will be more clear once people manage to produce double-recessive atomic albinos or atomic axanthics.

i heared that in some other species, there also are recessives that will cause lots of paradoxes. what i have never heared about is a gene that only causes one or two paradoxes, it seems to be all or nothing. so maybe the atomic gene is the best we can hope for.

as for the random paradoxes that occur in albinos or axanthics sometimes, maybe its just that a cell in the early development mutates in a way that reverts it back to normal, leading to an area of normal coloration. if that is true, no way to prove it out. if the sexual organs are affected you would just get normals, and if they are not affected you would just get more axanthics / albinos. and here breeders really seem out of luck.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks
    So you're basically saying it is impossible to breed more? It's just kind of a luck thing?

Or you would need 2 het Atomic snakes and then just hope for the best with the offspring?
    Last edited by Dev_DeCoste; 12-30-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

Paradox is random. Like a glitch in the phenotypic coding.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Yes. Yes
    due no howwe spokan engrush. ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12