Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,666

1 members and 2,665 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Corn??

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

New Corn??

I found a free 2 year old amelanistic corn snake on CraigsList. With free 20 gallon tank and accessories. What do you think?? We may pick it up Saturday afternoon. Our 10 year old son has always wanted a corn.

1.1 Ball Pythons, 0.1 Columbian Boa, 1.0 Suriname Boa, 0.0.1 Corn
    1.1.1 Blue Tegus, 1.0 Red Tegu, 1.2.1 Cuban Rock Iguanas, 1.1 Bearded Dragons, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: New Corn??

Bear in mind that "free" is rarely ever actually "free" when it comes to live animals. However, if those are pics of the corn you're considering...he looks great! Certainly looks worth checking out in person. Good luck with that...and let us know what you end up doing!
    -- Judy

Thanks

If that's the actual snake; then I'd definately check it out. Looks like a nice robust amel corn.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueapplepaste
    If that's the actual snake; then I'd definately check it out. Looks like a nice robust amel corn.
    Thanks. He said he just took those pictures. We still have to find a time to pick him up. His husbandry and feeding sounds good. I'll definitely look him over first. We don't have money to BUY another snake and setup, but it sounds like it's got everything it needs, all for free. And he's good lookin' too!!! We've got plenty of frozen adult mice to feed him. As long as he looks healthy, free is free!
    1.1.1 Blue Tegus, 1.0 Red Tegu, 1.2.1 Cuban Rock Iguanas, 1.1 Bearded Dragons, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Nice looking amel .I have one word of advice when you get it though QUARINTINE!! You never know what you might discover once its in your hands :eek:
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

I'm no expert at investigating photos, but from what I can see, the snake in the first picture is not the same snake as the one in the second picture.

My reasons: If you will look at the patch on head of the first snake, it is short. The patch from the bottom snake is longer.

Look further down the snake. You will come to the first band. The first snake's band has no white edge to it and joins the side markings by only a thin peice of coloration. The second snake's first band has white edging and is thicker, merging into the side markings with a wider and clearer coloration.

Just a thought but something I noticed while looking at the photos. If the owner did indeed just take these pictures, thats a load of difference in color and pattern for me.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Bunny
    I'm no expert at investigating photos, but from what I can see, the snake in the first picture is not the same snake as the one in the second picture.

My reasons: If you will look at the patch on head of the first snake, it is short. The patch from the bottom snake is longer.

Look further down the snake. You will come to the first band. The first snake's band has no white edge to it and joins the side markings by only a thin peice of coloration. The second snake's first band has white edging and is thicker, merging into the side markings with a wider and clearer coloration.

Just a thought but something I noticed while looking at the photos. If the owner did indeed just take these pictures, thats a load of difference in color and pattern for me.
    By golly it does look differant.If you also notice the bedding in the first pic then look at the second pic not saw dust chips.That snake must move real fast also in one pic he is on the floor then climbing in the next :eek:
    Joe Haggard

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Bunny

I think it's a difference in angle and exposure. The second picture doesn't look like tank, maybe on a table. The pattern on the head looks identical in shape in both pictures. The first picture was probably taken closer and on aspen (the white got washed out), the second farther on dark grapewood (higher contrast, deepening colors), causing a radical change in overall brightness.

I guess I'll find out for sure if I can find a common time to be able to see it.

Thanks

It's the same snake.

BPnet Veteran Pork Chops N' Corn Bread's Avatar
    Thanks

Look at the head pattern there. Looks different to me
    ~Jake~
    Too many boas to list and a few balls as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast