Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,329

2 members and 3,327 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Amazon Tree Boa (Garden Phase)

The guy we got our red tail boa let us know that he has an Amazon Tree Boa in garden phase what ever that means and it's a sub adult. Well my bf has wanted a green tree boa for ever and now is saying lets go get this one. We haven't made any decisions either way and won't till we go see it today. I looked up garden phase as in the color and according to google it said its more of a dull color or soemthing like that but this guy is telling us its supposed to be green. I think it will be to much to handle cuz it's a known biter and we have no experience with tree boas. Are the tree boas moer work then say a ball or red tail (i was always told they are)? I don't want him to impluse buy this snake then it be to much work for him and I have to care for it just like what happened with the boa. It is his money and he's gonna do what he wants even when I tell him its a stupid choice.
    1.1 Children
    0.0.1 Water Monitor
    1.1 Dwarf Hamster(Rainbow and Scooby)
    1.0 Ferret (Trouble)
    1.0 Kitten-Cookie
    0.2 Rats

Thanks

Re: Amazon Tree Boa (Garden Phase)

Yes, they are quite a bit more work than a boa or BP! They are very, very picky when it comes to temps and humidity, and will require a more stable environment.

An Amazon Tree Boa is NOT a Green Tree Python. They are completely different! Garden phase means it is a brownish/green color... more brown than green (garden phase is normal phase). They are also extreme biters... and have very large teeth! Much bigger than your typical python, because are used to catch birds in flight.

I would not recommend an Amazon Tree Boa to a novice. These snakes aren't pets... they are beautiful animals for show, but don't expect to get it out and let it crawl around. If you are really interested in getting the snake, read up a LOT more on them... please don't jump into it.

Thanks

Yeah Ive been reading a lot about Green Tree Pytons (Not the same as a Tree Boa) and I find that Tree Boas require a lot more humidty, and are more aggressive!

If I were to get my first Morelia it would not be a Boa. And please make sure you have the setup ready before the snake arrives. You want to make sure all temps and humidity are spot on! Especially for that snake!

Not a good novice snakey!
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?

Thanks

That's what I thought. When we went to buy the red tail the guy had the amazon there and right out said its a mean buggar. My bf thinks this thing is going to look like a green tree and I am trying to tell him its not the same thing at all. At least once I tell him he cant hold he wont want it. I dont want one any way. He thinks all animals (even the tarantula i wanted to get but held off on) are meant to be held. Hes stuborn to but im putting mu foot down and he's not walking out with one....IF he listens to me and the seller that is.
    1.1 Children
    0.0.1 Water Monitor
    1.0 Ferret (Trouble)
    1.0 Kitten-Cookie
    0.2 Rats

Thanks

Cool..

Just remember there are all kinds of different one's.

Amazon Tree Boa
    Emerald Tree Boa
    and Green Tree Python

And they all have big teeth, but I think the biggest are the Emeralds. You can find pictures on the net. OUCH!
    He just needs to be ready and know exackly what he is getting into!

And you are not suppose to handle any of them very much...
    Beauty snakes though!

I think you can hold Tarantulas but I'm not sure... probably not too much I wouldnt think?!?!? Your probably right on that one!
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?

Thanks

Yea u can hold a tarantula for a few minutes but the one I wanted kicked hairs lol. We went and looked at it and thank heaven it had been sold and personally it was kinda ugly lol. We got a tegu and a argus monitor instead since we had the big set ups just sitting here with nothing in them lol. Note to self stop going to that guys store lol. For the tegu and the argus it was less then 300 so im hoping it was worth it for them. He learned the hard way about the argus though. They like to whip lol and he wants to hold it.
    1.1 Children
    0.0.1 Water Monitor
    1.0 Ferret (Trouble)
    1.0 Kitten-Cookie
    0.2 Rats

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flirtycuddle View Post
    The guy we got our red tail boa let us know that he has an Amazon Tree Boa in garden phase what ever that means and it's a sub adult. Well my bf has wanted a green tree boa for ever and now is saying lets go get this one. We haven't made any decisions either way and won't till we go see it today. I looked up garden phase as in the color and according to google it said its more of a dull color or soemthing like that but this guy is telling us its supposed to be green. I think it will be to much to handle cuz it's a known biter and we have no experience with tree boas. Are the tree boas moer work then say a ball or red tail (i was always told they are)? I don't want him to impluse buy this snake then it be to much work for him and I have to care for it just like what happened with the boa. It is his money and he's gonna do what he wants even when I tell him its a stupid choice.

garden phase is any colour other than yellow, orange or red. colour varies from brown to green
    CA Dwarf Boas & Leopard Geckos