Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,563

1 members and 3,562 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Building your own tank...

Hey there,

I have been trying to find plans and measurement on building your own tank for my ball python. Its been pretty friggin fustrating as i cannot find what im looking for. Has anyone on here built there own? How big? What did you use? How much did it cost?

Please if you have ANY information that would be AWSOME! also if you like, posting pics would be fanastic aswell!

Thank-you SOO much.

Ginger.

Thanks

Re: Building your own tank...

Here are plans: http://www.blueappleherps.com/page13/page5/page5.html

This is a viv I designed. Total cost is ~$100 not including heat and it will hold two snakes. I designed it with cornsnakes in mind, but it can easily be used for ball pythons. Instead of using 12" wide melamine shelving - use 16" wide shelving all around (everything else would be the same though). Also, if you're worried about humidity, you can just use hardboard instead of pegboard and then drill ventilation holes. I also designed it to be built by someone with no experience and only using a drill and tape measure.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Looks awesome!... Im building pretty much the same exact thing this weekend... 4 times!! What are the dimensions on that baby? Mine are going to be 4x2x1.5. Should be able to get 4 stacked on top of eachother... I was estimating 50$ per enclosure not counting heat so looks like ill be somewhere in that range... This pic gives me more motivation to do it! Great job
    snakes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoshJP7
    Looks awesome!... Im building pretty much the same exact thing this weekend... 4 times!! What are the dimensions on that baby? Mine are going to be 4x2x1.5. Should be able to get 4 stacked on top of eachother... I was estimating 50$ per enclosure not counting heat so looks like ill be somewhere in that range... This pic gives me more motivation to do it! Great job
    Thanks. The dimensions are 36x12x14. Perfect for corns and other colubrids, but probably a little too cramped for a bp. Good luck with yours. Be sure and post up some pics.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know the dementions to use for a BP? Plus, in one of the tanks i want to house a red tailed boa. So it would have to be big enough for that snake aswell.

thanks again.

Thanks

If you use my design, just modify the length that you use to accomodate larger snakes. Here's another good site with info and plans: http://arbreptiles.com/cages/cages.shtml

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueapplepaste
    If you use my design, just modify the length that you use to accomodate larger snakes. Here's another good site with info and plans: http://arbreptiles.com/cages/cages.shtml
    Where in Lewisville are you located? I am moving back to Flower Mound in Feburary and would sure like to meet some other bp owners in the area.

Thanks

I "built" this about 8 years ago for nt breeder corn snakes. It was under $150 for everything, including lights and snake proofing it. This wouldn't work for BPs over about 1000g, but you can find lots of things that can be modified into a decent looking herp display.

What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

nice!!! i would love to do that... and i do have an old dresser!!! hmmm thanks for the great idea

Quote Originally Posted by PythonWallace
    I "built" this about 8 years ago for nt breeder corn snakes. It was under $150 for everything, including lights and snake proofing it. This wouldn't work for BPs over about 1000g, but you can find lots of things that can be modified into a decent looking herp display.

~*~Jess~*~

3 ball pythons (Jake,Ace(RIP), Ozzy) and Baby
    1 red tail boa (Red.. 2 months)
    2 dogs (Kodie, Dozer)

http://www.myspace.com/krazi0469

http://cherrytap.com/krazi0469

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles
    Where in Lewisville are you located? I am moving back to Flower Mound in Feburary and would sure like to meet some other bp owners in the area.
    That'd be cool. I don't know any other ball python people either. I'm over off of Business 121 and Coporate. Where are you moving back from?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast