Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,082

2 members and 1,080 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Who is Going to Lonestar Reptile Expo in Arlington on Sept 15-16

Ok this is a smaller show, here is a list of vendors,

http://www.dfwlonestarreptileexpos.com/vendors.htm

Just wondering who is going to be attending, for that mater if you are one of the vendors, let us know as well.

I will be there on Saturday and would be open to doing lunch with some of ya'll or something like that if there is any interest. I go to this show all the time, generally it does not take to long to see everything that is there but you get to talk to fellow herpers and breeders.

So if you are going to be there, let us all know and let's see if we can do some sort of meeting,
    Jack Spirko

Check out "the site" on the African House Snake - and get a free copy of "The Reptile Book", by Raymond L. Ditmars.

Find stuff you won't find ANYWHERE ELSE! Social Networking at HaterOrLoved

Spammers are scum! If I had my way they would all get reincarnated as feeder mice!

Thanks

Re: Who is Going to Lonestar Reptile Expo in Arlington on Sept 15-16

I think we're going to try to go. A friend is coming up from Austin, so I'll have to make sure she's ok with going. We're going to be going to GrapeFest too, so hopefully won't be attending the show inebriated.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

I might go. I went to one earlier this year and there was a pretty poor selection. Nothing out of the ordinary - just bunches of beardies, normal bps, and anery/amel/snow corns. I have a bike ride sat morning, so if I go it won't be until either sat afternoon or Sunday.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueapplepaste
    I might go. I went to one earlier this year and there was a pretty poor selection. Nothing out of the ordinary - just bunches of beardies, normal bps, and anery/amel/snow corns. I have a bike ride sat morning, so if I go it won't be until either sat afternoon or Sunday.
    Yep it is a smaller show but you never know what you might find. Last time I picked up a pure VPI Line Jungle Carpet Python for 100 bucks from Night Breed Reptiles http://nightbreedreptiles.com/ which also is who I bought my Taiwan Beauty from. She is a little "muddy" and not a typical VPI but it was still a hell of a deal specificly since she was already over a year in age and tamed out of that bite everything stage.

Neil Ford is also bringing me three adult female house snakes to inspect, all three proven breeders. Dave his son exhibits at all of them and always has some stuff that is "unique". One time he had a dwarf Dumerils Boa (still kicking myself for not buying him) and I have purchased a Madagascar Cat Eyed Snake from him, a Hybrid Het Amel House Snake and they gave me an Eqyptian Diadem.

One other show there was a guy with a lot of wild caught adult bulls. I know some don't like the whole wild caught thing but it was about a dozen snakes each with the opportunity to get a new trait into captive breeding.

I am ALWAYS disapointed when I walk in the door at first. You could easily scan the whole floor in 15 minutes but if you take your time, talk to people etc they are a lot of fun and you just never know what you will find. One way to get the most out of smaller shows if you are after something special is to find the vendor list and contact some asking what they have etc. A lot of time people do not bring the lesser known stuff to shows unless they have a reason to believe there is going to be an interest.
    Jack Spirko

Check out "the site" on the African House Snake - and get a free copy of "The Reptile Book", by Raymond L. Ditmars.

Spammers are scum! If I had my way they would all get reincarnated as feeder mice!

Thanks

Wonder why Bob Clark won't be there this time.

We'll be stopping in, don't know how close to lunch time it will be. Oh Becky, we'll be going to Grapefest after the show, so we can get in on the later wine tasting. Gonna be a gorgeous day, too!

So who all wants to get crunk after the expo?

Thanks

I'll be going...I'll probably be there when the doors open Sat.

Thanks

I have to work on Saturday, and I don't think I'll make the drive on Sunday. So I'm gonna take a pass on this one.

Steve

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RGreen454ss
    I'll be going...I'll probably be there when the doors open Sat.
    Well hey say hello if you get the chance. Here is a current pic of me so I am easy to recognize.

Anyone else going? I always like to at least say hello to folks from the net we I get a chance.

Jack Spirko

Banned
    Thanks

Did anybody go??? What did you see??? What did you buy???

Did you kick Mpenn in the junk???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cueball
    Did anybody go??? What did you see??? What did you buy???

Did you kick Mpenn in the junk???

I went and I got 4 new kids, 2 Breeder Red House Snake Females, 1 High Orange Texas Rat and 1 Abbotts Line Baby Okeetee that is as cute as any snake should be allowed to be. Baby snakes are just so fricken cute, even my wife thinks this guy is cute and named him already, "Murf".

As for MPenn I talke to him, looked at some of his Carpet Pythons but not sure he realized who I was and I was so busy and the show so packed I just did not mention it. He had some nice snakes and I would never kick him in "the junk",

If you want to see my new additons there is a thred with pics in the General Colubrids Forum - http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=53140
    Jack Spirko

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast