Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,591

1 members and 1,590 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

University Library herping!

So, today my 8am chemistry lab class (supposed to run till 11:50) let us out at 8:25--lacking anything better to do, I went to publix off campus and got a coffee cake and bottle of water for breakfast (haha, 'healthy', I know--but my orange didn't stick with me!) and settled down on this big stone bench like area on a 10' wall above a little pond beside my library.

I was sitting there eating and reading for a few classes and relaxing when I happened to notice a few turtles swimming around, one of which was across the pond and leaving a larger than usual wake. So, I kept my eye on it, assuming it was larger than the others, which were 6-12'' long. Well it was swimming towards the side of the pond as I was on, and as it got closer I began to realize that either this was one massive turtle, or it just wasn't a turtle at all.

Bingo on the latter.

I couldn't tell what it was until it was fairly close, and then I had to do a double take--could it be? Was it? It was! Remarkable! A three-foot long (perhaps four?) alligator! In a little pond right up against our library!!

He ended up turning and coming right over to me since I'd been casually brushing my crumbs into the water for the little fish and a turtle. Following hot on his tail--three more good sized turtles! I don't know why they were following him but they seemed to be completely unafraid of him. He--and the turtles--hung out for about half an hour right below me. At that point I was bemoaning not bringing my camera--I definitely will be tomorrow, since to date at this university I've seen canadian geese, a red-shouldered hawk, a great blue heron, multiple egrets, at least three (maybe four, I couldn't tell) species of turtles, and now an alligator. And I haven't even gone on the nature trails!!!! :eek: Hopefully I'll get pictures next time!!!
    Ball Pythons
    1.0 Normal "Draccy"
    0.2 Normal "Matika", "Lara Croft"
    1.0 Lesser Cinny "Thor"

Registered User anthrpicdecadnce's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: University Library herping!

i hate you for living in Florida
    j/k sweet discovery! can't wait to see pics!