Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,477

2 members and 3,475 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Is this an acceptable method of housing venomous snakes?

I figured as much but I have heard some people who are really pretty affectionate tward their snakes. In fact I have seen quite a bit of animorphism applied to reptiles by man folks.
    Jack Spirko

Check out "the site" on the African House Snake - and get a free copy of "The Reptile Book", by Raymond L. Ditmars.

Find stuff you won't find ANYWHERE ELSE! Social Networking at HaterOrLoved

Spammers are scum! If I had my way they would all get reincarnated as feeder mice!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chops N' Corn Bread
    Screen lids for hots is a major no-no with most keepers. A snakes fangs can easily penetrate screen hitting the resting hands on the other side. Also, if something were to fall into the screen breaking it, the snake is gone and you have a potentially deadly escapee. Just my thought on screen tops for hots.
    Agreed. I very nearly was nailed by an Usumbara Orange Baboon Tarantula through a screen lid last week (not something you want to get bit by). That spider has nowhere near the striking power of a snake.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

Sorry, I made this thread and forgot about it. I am glad to hear that this is a good method on keeping venomous.. I thought that it seemed like a good idea. I don't want to keep anything venomous at this point, but I would not rule it out in the far off future.. I can definately see why screen lids would be a no-no.
    As for hugging snakes; maybe it would have been better to say you enjoy "handling" your snakes? I like taking them out, especially to show people that are visiting who might never have touched a snake before; it helps to be a goodwill ambassador between misunderstood snakes and curious people.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Schlyne View Post
    Agreed. I very nearly was nailed by an Usumbara Orange Baboon Tarantula through a screen lid last week (not something you want to get bit by). That spider has nowhere near the striking power of a snake.
    Ya know I have dealt with more then my share of venomous snake, even got bit by a copperhead and did not have the heart to kill him (I stepped on him, how can I blame him). I will handle just about any snake but spiders well you guys can have them all.

I think they are cool to look at and all but have NO desire to touch one! I try to remember my feelings about spiders when I deal with people that have similar feelings about snakes so as to be more understanding.
    Jack Spirko

Check out "the site" on the African House Snake - and get a free copy of "The Reptile Book", by Raymond L. Ditmars.

Find stuff you won't find ANYWHERE ELSE! Social Networking at HaterOrLoved

Spammers are scum! If I had my way they would all get reincarnated as feeder mice!

Thanks

I handle and "cradle" our BP in my arms against my chest. Is that a hug? How 'bout a thread called "Have you hugged your snake today?" Or a bumper sticker? Even better!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12