Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,363

1 members and 3,362 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Talking Naturalist Class

So I am in a class this year called student naturalist. Its tons of fun!! We are going "snake hunting" ( not really hunting I promise) I was just wondering if any of you could give me some tips on catching wild snakes, and also what to do if one bites me... I have been around snakes all my life and have never been bitten... they just like me i guess. but just in case I wanna know in advance on what to look for before it strikes.
    ~*Luna*~ The crazy Sagittarius/Snake BP Lady
    Cal and Ki's Proud Mommy.
    ~~* Goddess Bless*~~
    1.0.0- Normal Ball Python (Kyros "Ki")
    0.1.0- Normal*Spider sibling*Ball Python(Calypso"Cal")
    1.0.0- Betta fish (Leonidas "Leo")
    Steve Irwin (2/22/62 - 9/4/06)
    Sagittarius- Shockingly blunt since the beginning of time!

Thanks

Re: Naturalist Class

frist it depend's on what snake it is that bite's and what venom it has weather it sis sicotoxic witch attack's and kill's of course but eat's at the flesh away to or nerotoxic with kill's and also you can't move but if your with the class your teacher should allow you to go near it an less they have anti-venom on hand and also he/she should be a very.very good handler,to show you how to also handle them,take with you a set of handleing tong's so you can control the snake then when you approach it you sort of use the tong's lift the snake into a postion that you can get to the head and hold it so you don't get bit then you'r ok you've got full control over the snake as long as you keep the head with a firm hold you'ill will be ok if you do get bit if the snake has venom 1:frist you should sqeeze the blood out and keep pump it out right away that get anti-venom the proper one for (sicotopic-nerotoxic venom etc) inject it then seek medical help but that's a worse case senrio as long as your careful you'ill be ok 2:if the snake is non-venomis wash with anti bactiral wash through and through and go to a doctor you may need so med's ie antibiotic's but as isaid before as long as you careful and watch the snake's move ment like the way a bp strike's when there going to feed its just the same in away then move out yhe way,a snake only bite's as a last resort it would rather hide then bite it's more scared of you tan you are of it just treat it the same way you do kyna with respect don't pick me up wrong i'm not saying you won't but you no what i mean (i hope) you'il be fine just enjoy i hope this has helped and let me no what you find (please)and how it goes i hope you can under stand this as mt spelling as is a bit bad but i try so cheer's the now and speak to you soon(i hope) and take care and be (CAREFUL)ok bye for now anything else you wish to no just ask ok bye CASPER69