Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,005

1 members and 3,004 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Do people up north ever go to Daytona??

Do people from Northern US or even Canada ever take the initiative to go down to Daytona for the reptile Expo there???

I'm contemplating about saving some money for next year and going to Daytona. It does seem a long way just to go to a reptile expo but I've never been to Florida and I'm sure most Canadian can say they have been...

I just don't know if I'd be kind of weird to spend that kind of moolah on a reptile expo...
    But it does look really fun and I'm sure I would learn tons and tons about my favorite hobby. And meet all your crazy people... and probably pick-up a cool new snakey too (if I can bring it back to Canada)!

That's another question... anyway think I could get my snake on the plane and back to Canada?? in one piece?
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?

Thanks

Re: Do people up north ever go to Daytona??

I know there are some Canadians that I see EVERY year at Daytona. It really is a fun show and everyone should go at least once.

Thanks

if i could afford it, i'd go in a heartbeat! i know there were people from up this way that went this year... i'm sure they'd tell you it's worth it! and as far as buying a snake there, from what i hear, you'd have LOTS of paperwork to fill out... as in, your snake wouldn't be coming home with you.... it'd be shipped later. somebody else can chime in with more info on that!
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

Thanks

I've been to Florida a few times but not for the Daytona show. I've heard its "off the hook" but I can't justify the cash to go for the show alone. I've heard that there is a great one in Chicago. That isn't too far from here. I'm not sure about getting your snake to Canada. If your driving you could, but I'm not sure about the airports policy.
    * Jason *

lots of Bps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny2184
    Do people from Northern US or even Canada ever take the initiative to go down to Daytona for the reptile Expo there???
    Yes, quite a few...

and probably pick-up a cool new snakey too (if I can bring it back to Canada)!
    You cant...

That's another question... anyway think I could get my snake on the plane and back to Canada?? in one piece?
    No, not legally...

If you are looking to go to an Expo to make CITES appendix 2 purchases (BPs, most other Boids) there are many good Expos here in Canada

If you are looking to go to an Expo to have fun, meet some new people and see some cool stuff, but not buy snakes...Then you'd love Daytona

I suppose you could buy something from a vendor willing to take out the proper CITES documention and the rest of the fun stuff that goes along with importing CITES appendix 2 animals, but then you would have to wait the 6 weeks up to 12 months it takes to procure the CITES documents, and of course..there will be extra fees to pay as well (CITES, USFW inspection, the actual shipping charge, and of course the taxes and duty that you will have to pay as soon as they enter the country)

Hope that helps

Thanks

I'm not from the north (west coast), but I definitely have FUTURE plans of getting my butt to daytona one day...it will be hard not to bring home snakes though
    -Maple

1.1 ball python
    0.1 shepard mix
    1.0 rabbit
    1.0 hamster
    0.0.3 horned frog

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

depending on the breeder, it's not nearly as difficult as chris is making it out to be. i purchased some snakes from adam - and although we are still waiting for my CITES to come, he did all the work and because he's a pro, he added all the costs into the total... so nothing hidden comes up later.

so although we (as canadians) may not be able to buy and carry from daytona... we can buy from the americans and we can meet them all at daytona.

my hubby and i are hoping to go next year!!!
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

well, if you go "just for a show", then yeah you're probably gonna spend a pretty good amount looking at a lot of animals.

The real pleasure comes after the shows. Meeting and talking to all the people will fill your night with the most fun you've had in a long time.

So, if you're going to see a show...stay home and save up for a pretty morph...if you're going for the experience of a lifetime...I'll see ya next year

Thanks

I went somewhere down south....I don't remember most of it.

I may see some of you next year....wherever it was we went.
    Jason

Thanks

I plan on driving down there next year with some buddies and a couple thousand dollars .
    Co-owner of a reptile store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast