Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,216

1 members and 3,215 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new baby boy

Thanks

My new baby boy

This is my new albino retic male. I bought him at Daytona from Neil Golli. He is more than I was expecting a retic to be. he is as tame as a retic can be. A friend of mine told me he looks like a toy snake, he looks unreal for sure.

Samuel*
    "retics are my favorite snakes because they demand respect and you need to develop a relationship with them. They are not just a snake in a tub that you clean and feed and could juggle if you wanted to"
    Carlos. F

Thanks

Re: My new baby boy

omw! what a looker!
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

The white on him is very bright-his colors are impressive. You picked up a gorgeous retic. Would love to see a full body shot.

Thanks

he moves so much its hard to get good pics but yeah his colors are BRIGHT. I was looking for a purple albino but when I saw him he was better than any lavender or purple, i liked him best.

Last edited by dr del; 08-25-2007 at 11:02 PM. Reason: formating was stuffing the thread up width wise
    Samuel*
    "retics are my favorite snakes because they demand respect and you need to develop a relationship with them. They are not just a snake in a tub that you clean and feed and could juggle if you wanted to"
    Carlos. F

Thanks

He moves around too much to get good pics but his colors are so bright he never comes out bad. I chose him over all the purple and lavender albinos at Daytona, he just shined. he was the best at the show.

Last edited by dr del; 08-25-2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: formating was stuffing the thread up width wise
    Samuel*
    Carlos. F

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by herplover92
    He moves around too much to get good pics but his colors are so bright he never comes out bad. I chose him over all the purple and lavender albinos at Daytona, he just shined. he was the best at the show.

that is a beautiful snake, sir!

Thanks

Thank you.
    Samuel*
    Carlos. F

Thanks

This is my new albino retic male. I bought him at Daytona from Neil Golli. He is more than I was expecting a retic to be. he is as tame as a retic can be. A friend of mine told me he looks like a toy snake, he looks unreal for sure.

is not a bit much as a retic can grow to between 20/30 foot and when he/she is alot bigger if and i say it bites you and get's a good hold your in big TROUBLE so what wiil you do just the same with any snake tame it by handleing it all or most of the time so it get's use to you as you will no it's pretty strong just now!!!please let me no as i'm very interested in retic's ??it's one of my favorites apart form ball's

Thanks

is not a bit much as a retic can grow to between 20/30 foot and when he/she is alot bigger if and i say it bites you and get's a good hold your in big TROUBLE so what wiil you do just the same with any snake tame it by handleing it all or most of the time so it get's use to you as you will no it's pretty strong just now!!!please let me no as i'm very interested in retic's ??it's one of my favorites apart form ball's casper 69

Thanks

I did not fully understand you but I think I can tell you something I know that will help you with your decision of owning a retic.

Before i bought my retic I knew what I was getting into, in fact, I have spent over 2 years researching and even working with two sub adult retics. I have also seen how people who have giant retics handle them and what are their techniques.

Because of the size issue, I bought a male retic as my first snake. There has been many studies in their native land where they measure endless fully grown retics and the males are always smaller than the females. So it is said that a slowly grown male will grow about 17-19 feet. That is less than those monster females.

I got off topic, sorry but here goes your answer.

I know that the odds of my retic biting me are against me, but you just have to be prepared for it and just make sure you do everything in your power to lower the risk of getting bit or being involved in a struggle between you and your giant python. that means, hook training, washing your hands, making sure there are no rat odor in the room, and handling your retic a lot so you can understand when she is in a good or bad mood. You should be able to know what your retic is going to do next. You always have to be thinking ahead of the reticulated python.

Over all, the reticulated python is the ultimate snake.
    Samuel*
    Carlos. F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast