Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,918

3 members and 2,915 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

It was really cute!

The other day I had my friend's kids over. The older one wants a BP so I took Augie out and let him hold him. It was going really well...a nice calm handling session. I was hanging back, but when I got closer Augie looked over at me and then started *streeeeeeetching* over to me. Once he got his neck on my arm he made a break for it! He crawled right out of the kid's arms and onto my arm/shoulder.

It was really CUTE! He chose me! Woot!

Thanks

Re: It was really cute!

aww that is cute. Just shows that I believe that they are aware of who their "owner" is.
    Doris

Thanks

Ya my snakes always seem to do that too. I think they just associate a certain smell (me) with being more comfortable than around another person that they aren't used to.
    0.1.0 RTB (Kona)
    0.1.0 RTB Anery 66% PH Albino
    1.0.0 RTB Hypo Het Anery 50% PH Albino
    1.0.0 BP (King Julian)
    0.1.0 BRB (Tiki)

Andrew Geibel

Thanks

i can tell you what-were i a captive snake- if i were handed to a kid i'd try to find a quick escape too!!

kids & animals make me oh so nervous. i mean, my little cousin's mean well, but they will drag and rough house a puppy to exhaustion if they're not monitored.. i would be wound tight as a string if one of them (wanted to lol!) held my snakes

but that is cute. maybe he/she just really likes your cologne/purfume?

Thanks

[QUOTE=shhhli]
    kids & animals make me oh so nervous. i mean, my little cousin's mean well, but they will drag and rough house a puppy to exhaustion if they're not monitored.. i would be wound tight as a string if one of them (wanted to lol!) held my snakes
    [QUOTE]

Me too! I love teaching my niece about the snakes, and love getting the boa out so Macy can watch her in the grass... but I have to be prepared for anything! Kids are so unpredictable... mix that with the unpredictability of snakes and you've got quite a mix!

Thanks

my 10 year old is good with the corn snakes and now he has a pet mouse. My two year old is always looking into the snake tanks and asking to hold them. He is very gentle when I take the snakes out for him and I always remind him to be gentle. He also wants to hold the mouse but interestingly enough, does not like when the mouse runs up his arm toward his shoulders and face. then he squirms and says off off off. But at least he likes to hold the animals. He even got to hold a large bp the other day at the pet store.. well sort of hold it. His eyes got all big and bugged out as he was holding the tail end and touching it. I thought his eyes would pop out of his head when I told him it was a snake too like the ones at home. O.O saucer eyes he had. made me crack up. sorry to go on.. just makes me proud to be raising future generation of animal lovers.
    Doris

Thanks

My baby does the same thing to me. If I let someone else hold her she always trys to come back to me when I'm close by. Kinda wierd. I let my nephew hold my snake once and he just let her wrap around his arm with his arm straight out so the snake was not by his face. But then he like to try and pet it and is kinda rough so I dont let him really get by her anymore cause I dont want nothing to happen. He is 5 years old he also likes to watch her eat as well.

When I 1st got her every1 wanted to watch her eat, it was funny my whole Family came over to watch well not all of them but alot of them. Had 10 people in my room watching. Didnt put any stress on the snake she snatched it right up...
    I'm Addicted to BP's
    1 - Normal - Female (Rebel)
    2 - Soon 2 Come Reduced Female

JUST MOVING MY WAY UP

Should I breed?

Thanks

I've had a bunch of people interested in watching feedings too. One time she musta been spooked though cuz she struck at my cousin, was nowhere near actually getting him, but he sure did jump back fast. Even my mom thinks its cool. At first she didnt really wanna watch, but then once I dropped the mouse in she was peering into the box like "wow she can actually get her mouth to fit that". She's still not 100% comfortable with her, esp around her head, but she finds snakes interesting so thats all I can ask for.
    0.1 Normal BP - Skylla

Thanks

ha, i used to be able to watch, now its like "oh no there he goes!" *shut my eyes really fast* f/t or live, the impact makes me jump! i have no idea why.

my boyfriend might as well go make some popcorn, he could watch the snakes hunt & get their food all up one day and down the other. i haven't really had anyone else in my family want to watch. they cant stand to watch it on tv