Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,915

2 members and 2,913 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Help with uploading pictures

Hello,
    I am having a bit of trouble uploading pics to my gallery. I watched the sticky about how to upload and post pics about 5 times now and have followed all the steps as well as read through some of the other threads about uploading pics. I am having trouble getting them into my gallery. I checked to make sure that my pics weren't too big and my pics are all (I think) JPG images around 1.2 mb. Anyway I go through all the steps to upload a pic and hit the submit button and it looks like it is uploading (it says waiting for response from bp.net or something like that at the bottom left of my computer and then says done) but when it is done I end up with only a blank white screen and not a showing of my pic like in the tutorial. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and could maybe point out what I may be doing wrong? If for some reason I am not going to able to use my gallery I guess I will have to start one with Photobucket or something. Which photo sites can I link to here? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Help with uploading pictures

Hi,

Yes there seems to be an issue with large sized images ( as in dimensions as well as filesize in bytes).

Since you can't use anything larger than 800 x 600 in threads as pics any way I always kept mine quite small.

To see if that is your problem I would recomend resizing the picture and seeing if it still has the same problems. You only have a small amount of gallery space anyway and you will run out very quickly indeed with 1.2 meg images.

let me know if this helps.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Thank you so much Dr Del!!!! I have yet to figure out lots of stuff about my camera and computers and all. Just got my digi camera this past christmas and before that I had a camera that actually took film!! LOL. Anyway, I did resize (after much playing around with my computer) and now they are loading fine (I feel so silly now!). Thanks again for your help!!

Thanks

1.2 meg is pretty big for a picture. I'd be willing to bet that's part of your issue.

If you don't have Photoshop, there are a few programs, and web sites that will do it for you

http://www.photosize.com is one

Thanks

Thanks for the response Nate!! I was playing around with my computer this morning and realized that I could resize them right on the computer. I got them down to a size of 640x 480 and now they upload and fit perfectly on a thread. I don't know if saving them that way will cause probs on my computer, but I can always resize them up again later if need be. I love this site! Not only am I learning alot about my ball, I am learning about my camera and computer as far as pics go as well. LOL Up until now I have only ever posted pics on Myspace and they either don't have a size limit or they do it for you, not sure which. I am not very computer literate. LOL Thank you again for your help!!

Thanks

Glad to know things are worked out

There are a lot of smart people around here...don't hesitate to ask questions