Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,164

0 members and 3,164 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Jungle carpet furniture

I'm setting up an enclosure for my new jungle carpet. I'm curious to hear about any experiences with what furniture they like best.
    1.0 Normal BP - "Snakey"
    1.0 Jungle carpet python - "Chewbacca" aka "Chewie"
    0.1 Olive python - "Cleopatra" aka "Cleo"
    0.0.1 Corn - "Husker"
    1.0 Veiled Chameleon - "Kermit"

Thanks

Re: Jungle carpet furniture

Quote Originally Posted by bearhart
    1) Between two species that are very different, there are similar behaviors. Humans are vastly superior to cats yet cats can demonstrate complex behaviors that are very similar to human behaviors. I don't think anybody with alot of cat experience could be sold on the "anthropomorphism" argument. When cat looks likes it is embarrased and angry after being laughed at for botching a jump, it is really what it looks like:embarrassed and angry. It may not be exactly like human embarrasment but its still embarrassment. Its not your imagination.
    4) The argument holds just as well for cats as it does for snakes. Snakes are simply less sophisticated.
    well why don't you two go furniture shopping together? Because he'll let you know his preference since he's just a less sophisticated version of you...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qiksilver
    well why don't you two go furniture shopping together? Because he'll let you know his preference since he's just a less sophisticated version of you...

I'm just gonna pop in here into this thread and tell you what your reply caused.

i just shot fruit cocktail out of my nose...and half of a cherry isnt a lovely thing to get stuck in your nostril.

Thank you, that was pretty damn funny.
    My signature was too long.

Thanks

If you have a torch, you can burn and twist some PVC and make some awesome looking perches. Or you can create a PVC jungle gym using the little L and T connectors. Maybe wrap some silk plants around it? Easy to clean and attactive at the same time.

I absolutely love the look of twisted, burnt PVC. Looks like those thick, gnarled brown vines that you can buy. I plan on doing something like this whenever I invest in a GTP(long down the road, LoL).

Just make sure whatever you use is thick enough so he doesn't smoosh it.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicIntention
    If you have a torch, you can burn and twist some PVC and make some awesome looking perches. Or you can create a PVC jungle gym using the little L and T connectors. Maybe wrap some silk plants around it? Easy to clean and attactive at the same time.

I absolutely love the look of twisted, burnt PVC. Looks like those thick, gnarled brown vines that you can buy. I plan on doing something like this whenever I invest in a GTP(long down the road, LoL).

Just make sure whatever you use is thick enough so he doesn't smoosh it.
    that sounds pretty cool. I've done a torch effect on wood in the past (very cool btw) but never pvc. How long do you burn it? What about cleaning afterwards?
    1.0 Normal BP - "Snakey"
    0.0.1 Corn - "Husker"

Thanks

for hatchlings to juvies i'd just criss-cross one or two dowel rods of appropriate diameter.

for adults i'd get some well aged, dry wood from outside and make a single perch lengthwise in the cage.

Thanks

yea, I got some of those. Boy he does like to crawl all over them. He can hold both his head and tail out amazing distances without support. Only problem is getting him out of the cage might be tough if it turns out he likes to hook onto things like my BP does.
    1.0 Normal BP - "Snakey"
    0.0.1 Corn - "Husker"