Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,267

4 members and 2,263 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Arrow Old English Essay

Hey all-

I found an old english essay I had to write for college. The subject was on personification. Enjoy!

The Personification of Trees

There has been a battle raging on for as long as life has been on earth. It takes place in Ohio and any other city or country you can name. I sat outside waiting and noticed that I was amidst the dying battle. The last flowers held on for life, as if by projecting their color, the seasons might stop and reverse. Mighty warriors hovered above me and they had lost their battle for immortality. Their armor, once green and lush has now given way to paper-thin burial shrouds of only the deepest reds, burnt oranges, and golden yellows. Soon those shrouds will be taken away, by the wind, only to expose bent, twisted, and gnarled bone. This mighty warrior will face the worst of trials yet, trails of wind and cold. Even now, some the bare limbs scratch at the gray curtain above, pleading for yet more time with their golden god.

Life still thrives within the warrior. I saw leaves rustle as its villager arrived home, with possibly a full stomach and maybe carrying a morsel of food, or wood, or grass. The villager’s coat was thick and brown, sheltering him from the already brisk day. Another villager emerged from his sleeping place and took an offering to its savior, the warrior.

This offering was as brown as the coat upon the villager’s back. But don’t let its color fool you, for it holds all the hope of the warrior. He swayed and creaked in satisfaction at his gift and the villager began to dig. He planted the offering within sight of the warrior and then scurried up to the warmth of his bed.

Up upon the shoulders and in the hands of the warrior are ornaments left from previous and grateful travelers. They are small woven baskets of twig and grass, though some contain bits of string and straw. Inside, one may find painted shells, broken and crushed, for once the fragile shell held life, waiting to break free.

Soon, the trials will come to pass and the golden god will not make his presence for months. Though beaten and naked, the warrior knows of this and he will wait patiently until the day arrives when the white blanket will disappear and the light of his god will shine again. He knows his green armor will appear anew and that it will also fade again. He is well aware of this cycle. What the warrior knows also is that within sight, his replacement is waiting. He’ll be able to watch the young knight grow and learn. The warrior will remain true to his oath and will protect his replacement until the death, so this new generation can fight for their chance at immortality.
    Layna

Thanks

Re: Old English Essay

I like that a lot!
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.