Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,042

4 members and 3,038 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Breeders?

Thanks

Breeders?

Hi guys, I'm working on a setup right now for a bearded dragon, but could you tell me some good breeders? I've found serveral sites, but dont know who's good and what not.

Thanks
    1.1 Ball python
    1.1 Boxer's
    0.0.1 Bearded Dragon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

Re: Breeders?

I only breed a small amount of very nice dragons. They get to bask in the Southern Cali sun and have great color. Check out my site for pics of parents. My females have started breeding late this year so won't have any for a few months.

Thanks

You can't go wrong buying from Raul! Git r done!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastjungle
    I only breed a small amount of very nice dragons. They get to bask in the Southern Cali sun and have great color. Check out my site for pics of parents. My females have started breeding late this year so won't have any for a few months.

Westcoastjungle I have a question about bearded dragons, A few years ago a pet store near me had a bearded dragon it was a little over 12-14" it was the nicest Lizard (Besides the savanna I got many years later) I had seen it was looking at me with its little eyes and was clawing at the cage. One of the people that worked there said that the dragon loved to be held so naturally I got to hold him, he was so sweet, he cuddled right up to me. and was so calm when I held him, he almost seemed like a puppy dog.

Are all bearded dragons like this? I was pretty amazed, the savanna I had was even more so he would fall asleep on my chest while I was watching TV with both his legs spread out like a rug heh heh.
    Those are the only two lizards that were like puppies in a way, they loved the attention.
    Is that normal?

Thanks

Most beardies are real sweethearts, but sadly not all. I raised a very handsome male beardie from hatchling and he NEVER calmed down. No matter how nicely or often I handled him he just kept puffing up and trying to escape. It got to the point, when he was a year old, that I couldn't take my hands off him. That was stressing me and him. Finally I traded him to a wonderful herp store owner who would work with him and breed him if he couldn't get him to settle. The fact that I got my beloved little BP in trade helped me make the decision.

Also, Savannahs and Beardies aren't the only lizards who are 'puppy like'. Bluetongue Skinks are the sweetest most handleable lizards I know!

Good luck on the Beardie front!
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

Most beardies are very sweet and social. As juviniles they can be very jittery(defense mechanism) but usually calm down and enjoy being taken out of their cage. Like any animal there is always one in every that is different. My first beardie was so hand tamed(and lazy) that he would eat out of my hand. The problem was he got so lazy that he wouldn't chase crickets anymore and wanted to be hand fed LOL. So don't spoil them. In my opinion most reptile pets tolerate being held but adult beardies enjoy it. As far as the one that had to go back to the pet store, one year is still young for some beardies and they still can come around. In all my years I have only seen one beardie that was a biter, it wasn't mine, I saw him in a pet store. They still handled him but only those that new how he liked to be handled. I had a very rowdy girl that no one would handle because she was wild. So she just stayed in her cage, we figured she was a lost cause. One day I come home from work and my 14 year old daughter is handling her like nothing and she is totaly calm. She just out grew it. I asked my daughter how she did it and she just looked at me and said I have been handling her for weeks, she looked bored in there. Unfortunately she died from being eggbound(unfertile eggs too). So don't write off young ones who seem defensive, they mellow out alot! I think they are the best lizard pet! And easy too. Bright sun and high temps get their energy going so nervous ones will be more nervous when heated up. The only beardie ever to bite me was a week old and it was actually funny not painful at all, she was just scared, can you blame her.

Thanks

Here is a list

Sundialreptiles.com
    Kingsnake.com
    Fireandicedragons.com (getting my next one from here)
    eastcoastdragons.com (got mine from there)
    dachiu.com

These are great breeders never heard any problems with them, also great colors.