Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,874

3 members and 2,871 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Smile New Foster Kittens!

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m...2207_06481.flv

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m...2207_06501.flv

The links are to videos, just short clips of them being kittens. It's not worth too much effort LOL...

The black one is Pitch and the orange one is Spencer, named after Spencer Reid on criminal minds...whoever that is.

Pitch is a big baby. He's fatter than spencer and knows how to work people to get his way. He's in your face and up your ass whenever possible. He's ok with the dogs too. He purrs like a motor boat when you pick him up, and he's just a delightful kitten.

Spencer is a bit more independent and cat like. He too purrs when you pick him up, but he doesn't want to stay restrained. He's an explorer and a very wily booger. He also will puff up big time and hiss at the dogs. Cristal, my timid dog, came in from out back last night and about stepped on him and he freaked out, and scared the bejeezers out of Cristal, it was a mess, and then this morning Cristal jumped off the bed and landed on him and all I heard was hissing and cristal scurrying to get under the futon again... it's so pathetic... Spencer and Cristal are equally scared of each other... my 50 pound pit mix and my 2 pound kitten

Last night I let the kittens run the house while I was up and they did fine with everyone. I don't let the cats and the kittens together unattended though. I did have the kittens loose in the bedroom last night with the dogs though again last night and they were great! Looks like it was an easy transition for everyone!

Thanks

Re: New Foster Kittens!

Oh how cute! I am giggling though at the picture of the "big mean" pit racing away to hide from the little puffball kitten...how funny!
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

They did scare the crap out of each other. Cristal is a very timid girl. She was given to me by a nasty man and she was shy from day one. Getting her to stop fear peeing at 2 years old was a huge advance for her, but she's still pretty easily freaked out. Spencer seems to be okay with dogs (sleeps with them on the same bed as him) but when they come at him he goes into the full puff ball with the bottle brush tail and all those hisses and spits... it's as cute as a little worm cornsnake hatchling "rattling" its tail at cha!

I have an 8 month old pit pup, and she's been doing some reaaaally intensive training with these kittens being in the house. I"m so proud of her thus far, she really seems to be doing well, but she's so easily enticed to chase and be a rotten puppy LOL. The good news is that Proof, my biggest pit is absolutely obsessed with taking care of kittens! She loves them. And she protects them from other dogs. IF Piggy (the puppy) hurt a kitten, she'd be so unbelievably sorry. One other dog attacked a cat in my house and Proof wailed on her. I thought for a second she was really hurting it, but she released the other dog (without drawing blood) and that pup never messed with another kitten ever again! Love my big enforcer ♥

these are the dogs. From Left: Corona,3 (3/4 pit, Cristal's Pup) Cristal, 4 (back, 1/2 pit) Piglet, 8 months full pit, possibly related to Proof, 5 in August.

Thanks

wow all of your dogs are beautiful, i really like pit bulls. My dog supposedly has some pitt in her but she looks mostly like a black lab/pointer maybe
    Cassandra

0.1 Normal Ball Hydra
    1.2 Cats Princess Kiddy, Master Kiddy and Snickers
    0.1 Dog Raven
    1.1 Budgie Parakeets
    2.0 Ratties

Thanks

Nice dogs. I'd love to own a pit someday but believe it or not alot of breeders wont sell the people near detroit because of all the dog fighting. So for now i'll stick with boxers
    1.1 Ball python
    1.1 Boxer's
    0.0.1 Bearded Dragon

Thanks

Those sound like decent breeders not wanting thier dogs to get caught up in dog fighting rings... that crap is so whack anyway! Detroit doesn't even allow pits to be rescued and adopted out due to the incredibly high number of pit bulls and incidents iwth them in the town... I'm just glad they haven't banned them... since it wouldn't do any good anyway... rather they just kill every one that enters their shelters

I've always wanted a pit x boxer... I think that's just the ideal dog... well Proof is the ideal dog, but I love the energy of a boxer!

Thanks for the compliments yall... I sure do love these dogs!