Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,397

5 members and 3,392 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Video of Moggie the BlackThroat

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t=MVI_0051.flv

Here's Miss Moggie(any experianced keepers that disagree with the sexing, please speak up!) with me annoying her.
    Yes, I realize, I'm annoying the lizard, but 90% of the time she gets her way, and I wanted some video to show her moving around without it being another "Watch my lizard eat a live mouse" video.
    If you liston you hear her hissing(which she does a lot) and she whacks the foo out of me too, which she enjoys. I also need to weed her pen, lol.
    Wolfy
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Re: Video of Moggie the BlackThroat

nice black throat. ya know what they say, an angry monitor is a healthy monitor. one of the better looking black throat/sav i've seen in a long time. usually you see either one and they look like hell. but i would have to say, that angry of a monitor, if it were male there would be a good chance it would have everted by now, but other than that it does look like it could be a female, but then again i'm no expert and sexing a monitor by stature is less than accurate.

Thanks

She's always grumpy. She eats really well, and chases after a mouse if I drag it around on tongs(I feed F/T to her). She's also remarkably tolerant of me handling her(other than whapping me with the tail).
    I'm estactic that she is as tolerant of me as she is really. She's never bitten me for instance. LOL. Soon the tegus will have an outdoor pen as well, and then they'll be looking in at her and making her more grumpy no doubt.
    Thanks!
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Wow she is beautiful! I absolutely love monitors. Do you have to add any sort of heated spot in the outdoor pen? What do you do in the winter time? I'm really interested in the outdoor pens..

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Moggie is a stunner!!!! (Love the name too) !!!!
    Grey Scale is a good thing...

Thanks

Moggie stayed in her outdoor pen except for the REALY cold nights, but I am in Florida. She has what I term her "hot box". I thought it up on my own as a temporary fixture but it's worked out so well that I haven't changed it yet.
    Her hotbox is a dog crate(wire) that is sitting on the ground in a corner of her pen. I sat a heat lamp on top of it so it shines down into the "box". Then I overturned a rubbermaid bin over the light AND the cord which is coiled up and tucked into a corner of that bin, so the cord and the end of the plug(where it plugs into the extension cord) are under the bin. This weatherproofs the light and the cord. Then I covered the entire crate/bin with a few blankets, and then a weatherproof covering. I left the front door open, with a flap arrangement that can hang down over it, with the door either closed or open.
    I originally planned on closing her into the crate when it was really cold, and at night, but that proved totally unnecasary, as she will walk right in when she gets cold. When the temps dropped I dropped that flap down to keep the heat in, and she used it like a doggie-door to come and go as she pleases. My temp-gun said the hottest spot was 120F and the coolest inside the box was about 90F. She spends almost all of every day basking outside in the sun, unless it rains, which means she will go into the box. She enters the box at night, or during rain, or if it gets cool(pre- or post-storm).
    So far this arrangement has worked really well. I used some heavy HEAVY duty clamps to secure everything so she can't drag the covers off or knock things around. Since the heat lamp is on top, she can't get to the bulb either. This works super well for me, and means she got to enjoy her outdoor pen all year.
    When I have to bring her inside(severe cold, or earlier this spring the wildfires' smoke) she gets very grumpy and nasty, slapping her tail at everything.
    Thanks for the compliments too, I really adore her!
    Here's a second vid, and you can see the green water bin(it's NOT her drinking bin, and obviously needed changing, I kicked myself for not changing it before videoing!)
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...=MoggieVid.flv
    Wolfy
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA

Thanks

Moggie is beautiful monitor.

Thanks

She's so cute when she's mad. Thanks for sharing the info.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/