Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,857

0 members and 2,857 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Is it time for a BLOOD??

Quote Originally Posted by Chase13
    So why are your temps way off in this pic?
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...ere/mike02.jpg

That pic was taken (along with several others) when Mike first set up his enclosure & was getting his temps dialed in. He was in constant contact with me prior to receiving his short-tailed python, and was very detailed in terms of making sure his enclosure was set up correctly prior-to.

Not to stick my nose in, but just wanted to shed some light on the situation. While the temps shown on the t-mometer in that pic aren't correct for keeping this species, rest assured that Mike corrected them well before he ever put a snake in that cage.

K~
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KLG
    That pic was taken (along with several others) when Mike first set up his enclosure & was getting his temps dialed in. He was in constant contact with me prior to receiving his short-tailed python, and was very detailed in terms of making sure his enclosure was set up correctly prior-to.

Not to stick my nose in, but just wanted to shed some light on the situation. While the temps shown on the t-mometer in that pic aren't correct for keeping this species, rest assured that Mike corrected them well before he ever put a snake in that cage.

K~
    Thank you. That's what I was assuming. I didn't think he would have temps that far off and tell people what the temps need to be.

...everyone needs a little R&R

RuddockReptiles.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast
    Not to steal the thread from the OP (and hopefully potential answers will help him out too), but:

How many people have raised bloods from babies and had them turn out agressive? This isn't a baiting question...I'm honestly curious.
    I've raised one short tail (a sarawak) up from a 2 week old CB baby, and he's a sweetie. He's a little bit more "testy" than my big black 4 or 5 year old female, but he's never been aggressive at all. He's about a year and a half old now.

Both of my short tails are captive bred.

My adult black blood female lives in a Boaphile 221D, I believe.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chase13
    So why are your temps way off in this pic?
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...ere/mike02.jpg

Did I have my snake then?

No.
    "They are biting out of excessive fear, not because they are mean. Mean is a human emotion and serves no purpose in the animal kingdom" - Kevin McCurley-The Complete Ball Python

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 8b8ll
    Did I have my snake then?

No.
    Sorry, replied without reading what Kara had said.

Thanks Kara you rock as always.

Mike
    "They are biting out of excessive fear, not because they are mean. Mean is a human emotion and serves no purpose in the animal kingdom" - Kevin McCurley-The Complete Ball Python

Thanks

How many people have raised bloods from babies and had them turn out agressive?
    Mine was a maniac during the 2 week acclimation period after getting him (which is understandable) but after that he calmed down rather well. I've only had him for 8 months so far and he doesn't show any aggression at all. He has taken to handling pretty good, is a great feeder, but on an occasion he does get a bit skiddish and that's when I just leave him alone for the day.

I've enjoyed having one as a pet so much I hope to get another one within the year.

Sorry, I know I haven't been a Blood owner for that long, but I love Blood Pythons.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KLG

K~
    i must agree, mike is very knowledgable about the animals he is interested in, and puts in a lot of research time.
    but not everyone is mike, and most don't consider blood python sizes, and i've seen pics of bigger red bloods than he posted.
    my original point still stands, and im not even saying bloods are mean, but like any snake they can be, and bloods are impressively massive, extremely powerful snakes and most people will not be ready to handle that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qiksilver
    i must agree, mike is very knowledgable about the animals he is interested in, and puts in a lot of research time.
    but not everyone is mike, and most don't consider blood python sizes, and i've seen pics of bigger red bloods than he posted.
    my original point still stands, and im not even saying bloods are mean, but like any snake they can be, and bloods are impressively massive, extremely powerful snakes and most people will not be ready to handle that.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to qiksilver again.

Thanks man!

Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qiksilver
    Couldnt have said it better. Great guy. Very knowledgeable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12