Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,459

1 members and 1,458 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toad alert!

Thanks

Toad alert!

This big guy come home to add to our frog and toad collection. He is a good sized one already. He is a marine toad,also known as a cane toad. Yes, she washed her hands afterward, but she wanted to hold him for his pic. He's a strong little guy. We picked him up at the show today.

Thanks

Re: Toad alert!

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Mongoose
    This big guy come home to add to our frog and toad collection. He is a good sized one already. He is a marine toad,also known as a cane toad. Yes, she washed her hands afterward, but she wanted to hold him for his pic. He's a strong little guy. We picked him up at the show today.

FAT BOY FAT BOY!
    "Why do you need so many snakes?"
    "Why do you need so many shoes?"

Thanks

Can I ask y you would want a cane toad? And what state you live in?

~mike
    “The richest value of wilderness lie not in the days of Daniel Boone, nor even in the present but rather in the future.” - Aldo Leopold

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifewarrior
    Can I ask y you would want a cane toad? And what state you live in?

~mike
    We want him for display and a pet. In case your concerned I never release anything into the wild. I couldn't find anything on them being illegal in Il. I also questioned the guy at the show. I also would like to think that there is some regulations in place for what can be sold at shows as far as the state reg, are concerned. I don't buy anything that I have knowledge of any restrictions. I am very aware of them being an introduced species down south that has created some problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Mongoose
    We want him for display and a pet. In case your concerned I never release anything into the wild. I couldn't find anything on them being illegal in Il. I also questioned the guy at the show. I also would like to think that there is some regulations in place for what can be sold at shows as far as the state reg, are concerned. I don't buy anything that I have knowledge of any restrictions. I am very aware of them being an introduced species down south that has created some problems.
    I'm sorry, i just hate them with a passion! I know you wouldn't release them from all your other posts etc. I lived in Australia where they are hated, have strong ties and spent alot of time in FL, which they are eating everything in site, and in Costa Rica where they are native. I love toads, i even keep american toads every summer and let them go every fall. I appologize again if i came across alittle short. I have heard and am sure he will make a great pet, good luck with him!

~mike
    “The richest value of wilderness lie not in the days of Daniel Boone, nor even in the present but rather in the future.” - Aldo Leopold

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifewarrior
    I'm sorry, i just hate them with a passion! I know you wouldn't release them from all your other posts etc. I lived in Australia where they are hated, have strong ties and spent alot of time in FL, which they are eating everything in site, and in Costa Rica where they are native. I love toads, i even keep american toads every summer and let them go every fall. I appologize again if i came across alittle short. I have heard and am sure he will make a great pet, good luck with him!

~mike
    No offense taken. I have found over the years that sometimes the best pets come from an animal that in the wild is nothing but a major pest. Most nusiance animals serve a purpose until they become overpopulated. The cane toad is very usefull at keeping down the number of pest animals, but at the same time can do great damage to certain native species. They are toxic, but we don't plan on having him for lunch, He is also a very interesting toad. Very enjoyable when their not in a setting they can do damage.

BPnet Veteran Pork Chops N' Corn Bread's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats. Those things are monsters!! I love em(in captivity). Are you going to show us some feeding pics and videos soon?
    ~Jake~
    Too many boas to list and a few balls as well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chops N' Corn Bread
    Congrats. Those things are monsters!! I love em(in captivity). Are you going to show us some feeding pics and videos soon?
    As soon as I get them. Can't wait for him to grow some more!

BPnet Veteran Pork Chops N' Corn Bread's Avatar
    Thanks

Those guys sure pack away the food. I got to watch feeding at a petstore and the cane toads put away baby rats like candy!! Awesome toads for sure
    ~Jake~
    Too many boas to list and a few balls as well

Thanks

What a FACE!!!!!! Great addition, can't wait to see more pix!
    Grey Scale is a good thing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast