Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,078

2 members and 3,076 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Mojave

Thanks

RIP Mojave

Mojave was a 9 month old sandy colored kitten. He was born in my fiance's bedroom in the summer of '06. My fiance has been with him since his first breath.

Well, Saturday I get off work early and head on over to see the fiance and fiance's mother. When I get there I am greeted with faces that look like the dead. I ask my fiance what was the matter and I get a face in my shoulder and tears. My fiance's mother comes over and says that she went outside earlier to call in the cats and had seen Mo outside. Then she shook her head. I almost collapsed. My fiance's sobbing intensified and I immediatly knew what she meant. We cried and cried and cried. She had brought him inside and covered him with a towel so we could say our goodbyes. I couldn't even look over in his direction and avoided the place she had him laying.

I couldn't take it. He was so young. Only 9 months old. He had been hit by a car and we think he died of internal injuries. The speed limit on that road is 25mph. I really don't see how you can hit a cat, not notice and keep going when you are supposed to be going 25. And even if you did notice. Why did you stop? I have become very anti-social over the past two days. Mo was buried in the backyard near a walking path. We plan on getting a little statue to put at the head of his grave. I miss him so much. I still can't think about him without crying. He was truly our little boy. He had so many years ahead of him. Why him? Why now?

Eventually I did go over to Mo. His tail was hanging out of the towel and I reached out to touch him one last time. At the feel of his fur, so soft, I broke down. I wish I wasn't so anti-social, but I can't help seeing the scene in my head, picturing some stupid driver, speeding through the hospital zone (thats why its 25 miles an hour on that road) and hitting a kitten. It tears me up and I feel like I can't breathe.

I've had outdoor cats before, and they have all died for one reason or another because they were outdoor cats. Never once was I able to say goodbye to them. So having Mo there for me to say goodbye was too much. Just touching his tail to say goodbye made me want to collapse on the floor in grief.

How do you deal with losing something so precious to you?
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Re: RIP Mojave

Its really different around the house without him. I give love to the other three cats, and always find myself wondering where Mo is, until I realize he's gone. This is still so unreal. Like a horrible nightmare that doesn't end.
    Under Construction.....

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh !!!!!

I am so sorry..The loss of a pet is so tuff.. My thoughts and prayers are with you
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

(hugggs)
    Grey Scale is a good thing...

Thanks

Sorry for your loss. One more reason (as if it were needed) why in most cases, outdoor cats are not a great idea. I have 3 cats and regardless of where I lived would never let them outside. The only place where it could possibly be justified is in the most remote areas out in the country. Even then there are still the other dangers (poisioning, animal attacks, etc).

Thanks

I am sooo sorry for the loss of your little kitten
    -Lisa
    1.0.0 bp Zeke, 2.0.0 chihuahuas- Paco and Peanut, 2.0.0 cresties Chomper and Harley, 0.2.0 rat Snow and Baby 0.2.0 cats-Billie and Bell, 0.1.0 rose tarantula-Rosie,0.1.0 Leopard Gecko-Pebbles, RIP Speedy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    Sorry for your loss. One more reason (as if it were needed) why in most cases, outdoor cats are not a great idea. I have 3 cats and regardless of where I lived would never let them outside. The only place where it could possibly be justified is in the most remote areas out in the country. Even then there are still the other dangers (poisioning, animal attacks, etc).
    Right on! Very sad for the poor kitty, but that sort of end is pretty predictable when they live outdoors.
    ~Jess
    Balls: 2.10 normal, 1.0 pastel, 2.2 het albino, 1.0 50% het pied, 1.2 poss. axanthic, 1.0 pinstripe, 1.0 black pastel,
    Misc. snakes: 1.1 blood python, 1.0 Tarahumara Mountain kingsnake, 0.1 RTB
    0.0.1 Red-eyed casque-headed skink
    1.2 dogs (Lab, Catahoula, Papillon-X), 6.1 cats, 1.0 foster dog
    6.4.8 ASFs
    1.0 Very Patient Boyfriend

Thanks

Technically he wasn't my cat, so I had not say in whether he was an outdoor or indoor cat. He didn't live with me. Both of my girls are microchipped and indoor cats. Occasionally, if there is a great amount of activity in the house and there are people going in and out of the doors, I put thier collars on them (breakaway collars of course). They are not declawed so in case they ever do get outside, they can hunt for themselves and defend themselves.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    agreed

poor kitty =/
    hopefully your fiance and her family will start keeping the cats inside

Thanks

They won't. They figure that the remaining three are 'street smart' and in a way they are. All three stay away from the road and roam the backyards and such, but that doesn't keep away other dangers like dogs and people.

I love my girls to much to let them be outdoor cats. Tyran has a natural curiosity of the outdoors, so I plan on harness training her and taking her outside a few times a week when the weather is nice. Miki is too scared of everything. She would flip out to easily. She will never set foot outside if I can help it.
    Under Construction.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast