Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,246

0 members and 1,246 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: raw foods

Thanks

raw foods

Anyone here feed their dog raw food or barf? I am starting it with 50-50 results.....

So far I have tried chicken parts with one dog who is all for it and one dog who snubs it...

Thanks

Re: raw foods

You have a dog who snubs chicken parts? Wow... what breeds do you keep?

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nope I feed Iam's high protein for large breeds. I don't feed people food to my animals, except the cat she loves cheese..I call her my little "cheese elf"..LOL
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

I feed Innova EVO red meat!

The EVO line of pet foods have been specially designed to provide all the key nutritional benefits received from the feeding of raw food diets but with the benefits of 21st Century nutritional research. EVO Red Meat Large Bites Dry Dog Food is made from 4 alternative sources of red meat for unparalleled taste and nutrition.

Only the highest quality beef, lamb, buffalo and venison - including the meat, cartilage, fat, bone and connective tissue - are used in the making of EVO Red Meat. Whole fruits and vegetables are added to supply important, health promoting nutrients that dogs would find foraging for food. Live, naturally occurring microorganisms are then gently sprayed on after the cooling process.

If you like the idea of feeding raw, but prefer a gently cooked food that provides benefits that match raw, frozen or home prepared high-meat pet diets, EVO is the answer. EVO is the first grain-free ancestral diet that provides the benefits of modern nutrition in a safe, convenient and cost-effective natural food. Use EVO alone, or as a supplement to your raw or home cooked pet food for a completed and balanced natural feeding.

EVO is an alternative for raw feeders and home-cookers.

Thanks

I have a bag of innova evo for both my dogs and cat. In the kibble world, it is a better choice...that and orijen but I have not tried it.

My dachshund/poodle mix is the one who is taking well to the switch. My lab/great dane mix is being finicky....I thought it would have been the other way around...my big masculine dog is being a wuss! lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsnaps
    I have a bag of innova evo for both my dogs and cat. In the kibble world, it is a better choice...
    Agreed!! Although I wish it came in a larger bag. I go through a 28lb bag in about a week.

Thanks

If you have feed dry dog food for a long time with your dogs and then switch to red meat like steak or hamburger your going throw your dogs digestive system for a loop. Most likely your dog will end up with some really smelly wet farts... dont ask how I know.

Thanks

I agree that with a change like this, I will probably get to deal with stinky unpleasent things....:eek:

But this is a change for the best...a change worth a smelly fart or two.

Thanks

haha... one or two? haha...

You see, here's the thing with feeding animals like this. Dry food is everything your dog needs in a balanced amount. If you add raw meat to the mix your throwing off your balance. In order to counter this your dog is going to start eating alot of grass to get the necessary fiber it needs. Your going to be having some problems to deal with. The dogs weight fluctuations, the dog getting the runs from time to time and just generally his new diet is less nutritious than his old. Your just going to need to make sure that you keep an eye on what else your dog decides to ingest for nutrition supplementation that dog food gives that red meat doesnt.

hope this helps

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

We actually considered doing the B.A.R.F. diet with Diamond when we first got her, but it really was more work than we were able to do at the time, so we abandoned it. I have read a lot of positive feedback on it though.

http://www.njboxers.com/faqs.htm

http://www.barfworld.com/

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast