Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,787

1 members and 2,786 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: reps

Thanks

Re: reps

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy
    I have given both negative and positive reps. I'm far from chicken about calling out a person in a thread but to safe the drama I have been known to rep them. I leave my name and screen name on each and every one.
    But to what point? I mean what is the benefit of a negative rep to this person? If you openly address them (in forum) then might have some initial drama but you resolve the issue. If you choose to report them to a mod you resolve the issue...I see a negative rep like having an argument and waiting for the person to leave to get the last word in.

I just don't understand the point. Nothing against you Entropy I just really see the value.
    Sean

Thanks

I take no offense. However sometimes it's just not something that would be fit for a 'discussion' or argument.

Thanks

i didnt no about the feedback thing until now lol...

Thanks

Ya know personally I hate the REP thing if someone doesnt like you on this site there just gonna damge you. I believe everyone has opinions and ideas about how they raise or breed ball pythons. You dont need someone else mocking how wrong you are.

I dont care so much im just on here to gain more knowledge and learn alot more. In the future if there will be any other reps cursing my name Im gone.

Thanks

I take no offense. However sometimes it's just not something that would be fit for a 'discussion' or argument.
    Didn't answer the question. Is the point just to gain your own satisfaction?

For the record, my reference to chickens was for people who don't leave a name. I have never had a name left on a neg rep.

Thanks

No, I only leave negative reps if I feel very strongly about the subject. I don't get any satisfaction from it, it's not as if it does anything.

Thanks

I got mine in the thread that was split from Jon's thread with the honey bees. Ed Clark said he did not understand why people were jumping on him and to this I responsed "No one jumped on him for showing pics. They jumped on him for showing up at hatching season and just showing off pics of what is for sale."

I was left neg reps with the comment "think before you speak" or something along those lines. I just want to know who it was so I can talk to them about it and see why they felt my post offensive. I am not here to offend anyone.
    lots of snakes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmlowe5704
    I got mine in the thread that was split from Jon's thread with the honey bees. Ed Clark said he did not understand why people were jumping on him and to this I responsed "No one jumped on him for showing pics. They jumped on him for showing up at hatching season and just showing off pics of what is for sale."

I was left neg reps with the comment "think before you speak" or something along those lines. I just want to know who it was so I can talk to them about it and see why they felt my post offensive. I am not here to offend anyone.
    This is exactly my point. What is the purpose (or benefit to the poster) to give you a negative rep...it was simply used as a personal attack. You weren't rude or offensive they just disagreed with your point and were to "chicken" (thanks SarahMB for the term ) to address it in forum.
    Sean

Thanks

There is a responsible way and irresponsible way to use the rep system. The irresponsible ones are who you're having the troubles with. I myself have gotten a neg rep that said simply "that was pointless", no name or anything.
    However to pull everyone that has ever left a negative rep point into this stereotype is wrong.

Thanks

There is a responsible way and irresponsible way to use the rep system. The irresponsible ones are who you're having the troubles with. I myself have gotten a neg rep that said simply "that was pointless", no name or anything.
    However to pull everyone that has ever left a negative rep point into this stereotype is wrong.
    I am not pulling people into a sterotype I am pulling the negative rep benefit into one. No one has come up with a logical benefit to leaving a negative rep. I know you said you have left them and had your reason...but again to what benefit. A positive rep is like a "Thank you" what is a negative one?

I must be tired as I am really on a soap box tonight LOL Since Judy made it clear their point of view on this discussion it is more academic than anything.
    Sean

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast