Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,151

2 members and 3,149 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Jacksons Chameleon

I've been doing my thing with chameleons for a while now, mainly fischers and carpets, but I just just just just bought a dwarf jacksons chameleon, which I beleive is also a Mt. Meru Jacksons if I'm correct <--Feel free to set me straight if I'm off track, but anyways, I'm just curious as to how long you all think its best to let the new guy acclimate before I try to feed him and that sort of thing. He's already lapping up water off his plants and exploring his reptarium with a carefree attitude. I can easily tell that he's a great deal different than the other chams I've dealt with and I'm just a little nervous about all the rumors in regards to how weak jacksons are. Any advice?
    Well that's interesting...

Thanks

Re: Jacksons Chameleon

I have honestly never kept chameleons, but I have done some research on them because I was interested in either an oustalet pair or a carpet pair, but I'm pretty sure that as long as he's hydrated and showing no sign of stress then you should at least offer him food right away and don't get worried if he doesn't take it right away. And yeah mt. meru's (C. jacksonii merumontana) are the dwarfs.

Thanks

Yeah I appreciate the input - it's always great to hear that I'm doing things right so far. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to feed chams any better than just putting crickets in their enclosure or hand feeding them? It's worked wonders for me thus far and it's really calmed down the feisty ones, but I'm just wondering if there's a better way to feed wax worms and things like that.

Thanks

Yep I agree! As long as the guy isn't stressed or dehydrated then feed away. If you suspect a problem then take to vet immediately.

Thanks

I don't suspect a problem at all, the guy is just hanging out under the uv bulb and blending in amazingly well with his many vines and branches. So much better at camoflauging than the other species I have!!! How big do these guys get? I'm thinking for a dwarf jackson he must be close to full grown, his horns are very prominent and he's probably around 4-5 inches?