Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,322

1 members and 1,321 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Exclamation Veiled Cham incubation Q's.

My chameleon book says 80-86 degrees, but a care sheet I have for breeding says 75-80. I have the eggs at 79, but what is the best temp to incubate at? Also, does anyone know how long eggs can survive if the dam is full term, but dies after digging the tunnel? She dug the egg tunnel, then when she didn't come out after 36 hours I excavated the tunnel and she was dead at the bottom. She was very healthy and the tunnel didn't clapse or anything, so I am at a loss. When I removed her I could feel huge eggs in her so I decided to surgically remove the egg case post mortem to try to save the babies. The case contained what looks like 29 good eggs and 2 slugs. I just hope I got to them in time. Would they most likely have died once the mother stopped breathing, or is there a chance they will be ok. The case was obviously still very moist, as were the eggs, and it had red blood vessels throughout. The eggs slipped right out of the end and I put them in moist vermiculite. Any info is appreciated.

R.I.P Jade.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

Re: Veiled Cham incubation Q's.

Proper temp for incubation is 75° to 80°F. It takes anywhere between 4 to 9 months to hatch. I'm not quite sure if you got there in time but good luck!

Thanks

Re: Veiled Cham incubation Q's.

I am not sure would live that long or not, but incubation temp never seemed to matter too much for me. I always used to keep mine in the bottom drawer of my dresser at room temp. I always had at least 95% hatch rate.
    John Vandegrift