I went to my local Petsmart today to pick up some ADF's and cat litter and of course I had to stop by the reptile section. They had thier normal lizards like leos, house geckos and anoles. Then I see that the space normally occupied by a turtle is now home to a couple of cute little water dragons. I have a friend who works there and when I mentioned them to her, she immediatly asked if I wanted to hold one. (Gave her a reason to hold one too, cause she loves one in particular.)

Well all I can say is that I fell in love. They were not too shy and once in your hand, were content to sit there. My friend told me that they reach up to 3ft in length and require 40+ gallons, anything above 55 being best. The water dragon is officially going on my wishlist.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about them? At first I wanted to get a monitor a few years down the road, but now I think that in a few years I'll be clearing space for a water dragon enclosure. I plan on doing as much research as I can before then and possibly meet a few adults to see if its something I really want to take on. I've heard they are not the easiest lizard to care for, and therefore I will wait until I have as much knowledge about them as possible and the means to care for them. (enclosure, money for purchase, ect.)