Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,832

1 members and 2,831 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: When it rains...

Quote Originally Posted by fishmommy
    I am so terribly sorry!

I wanted to let you know that your hope that your posting this might help someone is accomplished I learned a lot from your story. It never occurred to me that regurge would be so damaging, and it also never occurred to me that a fat mouse might be dangerous as well.

Please don't blame yourself for what happened - it all seemed innocent and under control by the sound of it, until suddenly it was over. Hindsight is always 20/20 and even now it's not 100% clear what exactly happened and why.
    Is it too late to get a necropsy done? There could have been an internal problem all along and the fat mouse a coincidence.

either way, I still see you as completely competant and loving and hope to learn lots from you in the future *HUGS*
    Thank you... that was the main reason I posted... If in fact that was the cause. And yes... too late. That accompanies not getting any pix too... like you said, hindsight really is 20/20.
    But thank you again for your kind words... they really do mean a lot....*hugs*

Laura
    Grey Scale is a good thing...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigballs
    im very sorry to hear about the loss of your favorite little guy. i can feel your pain just by reading the whole ordeal.
    Thank you......... it really hit me this morning.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laooda
    Thank you...! I wonder if the peroxide/water was what advanced it?

At any rate... thank you for the info. really....
    As fast as this seems to have progressed, I don't think it was a big factor, if at all. The "no peroxide" thing was just a general caution, for future reference to anyone reading this thread. I can't remember where I saw the other thread...it had pictures up, and the amount of damage caused was just apalling. Like you, they described the slippery feeling, and the feeling of shock that so much damage could happen so quickly, as well as how much it progressed after the fact.

Were it not for threads like these, I would never have known that regurge could be so dangerous. As others have already expressed, thank you for sharing this experience so that we can all learn from it.
    ~Jess
    Balls: 2.10 normal, 1.0 pastel, 2.2 het albino, 1.0 50% het pied, 1.2 poss. axanthic, 1.0 pinstripe, 1.0 black pastel,
    Misc. snakes: 1.1 blood python, 1.0 Tarahumara Mountain kingsnake, 0.1 RTB
    0.0.1 Red-eyed casque-headed skink
    1.2 dogs (Lab, Catahoula, Papillon-X), 6.1 cats, 1.0 foster dog
    6.4.8 ASFs
    1.0 Very Patient Boyfriend

Thanks

Whoa! I was actually caught off guard reading your post! I am truely sorry for your loss! I have no doubt in my mind that you did everything you possibly could to try to help the little guy. *HUGS*
    Last edited by daaangconcepts; 04-01-2007 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast
    As fast as this seems to have progressed, I don't think it was a big factor, if at all. The "no peroxide" thing was just a general caution, for future reference to anyone reading this thread. I can't remember where I saw the other thread...it had pictures up, and the amount of damage caused was just apalling. Like you, they described the slippery feeling, and the feeling of shock that so much damage could happen so quickly, as well as how much it progressed after the fact.

Were it not for threads like these, I would never have known that regurge could be so dangerous. As others have already expressed, thank you for sharing this experience so that we can all learn from it.
    That was my intention... 100% I'm am glad to share, even with the outcome being what it was... If you ever come across the other thread, I would really like to read it... But it sounds like it was the same scenario? At any rate. Thank you again...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daaangconcepts
    Whoa! I was actually caught off guard reading your post! I am truely sorry for your loss! I have no doubt in my mind that you did everything you possible could to try to help the little guy. *HUGS*
    Thank you Susan.. ***Hugggggs*** I was so shocked... still am? Very surreal.... ???
    Thanks again...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

Laura,
    I am sorry to here about your loss. Losing a pet is always heart wrenching. I have, fortunately lost very few snakes in my time collecting them, and hated each time that one passed. Your explanation was very thorough, and I wish I could give you some insight into his death. However, I have never heard of anything like this before, and would love any other info that you may think of or discover. Hugs go out to you for your loss. Keep your chin up, that smokin female Pastel will help to fill your void.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Laura - I am so sorry to hear about little Nova. Can you post a picture in memory of him?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    Can you post a picture in memory of him?
    Great idea Raber!!

My fave...Nova on the grill

Thanks

Oh no.. I feel so bad about all this. I know that you care deeply about your animals from just talking to you.. oh hell. I am really at a loss for words.. I just hope that you don't beat yourself up too much, because we all make mistakes and really it seems as though you didn't think it was escalating into a worse situation.. please PM me if you need to talk anytime.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast