Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,966

3 members and 2,963 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Water Dragon

Thanks

Water Dragon

Just got a water dragon today.Man that thing moves fast.I called him Kano,he is a bit jumpy when i pick him up first but after a minute he calms down and sits in my hand,falls asleep when i stroke his head or chin.made a mess of the water bowl already,water all over the place,im gonna be busy with this guy i think.very active guy too.
    have no pics yet but i should have some in a week or so,anybody else have water dragons?

Thanks

Re: Water Dragon

Well congrats on the new water dragon . They stress very easy and not good for handling, when it calmed down and appeared to fall asleep when you stroked its head, chances are it was terrified rather then calm. I have seen that alot with iguanas but wouldnt suprise me if water dragons do it to. Good luck and post pics

Thanks

yeah il post pics when i get some,but the handling thing,he/she loves it,my brotheres bearded dragon does the same thing,he/she jumpa onto my hand now when i put it in the tank,watches my every move around the room,and wont go back in the tank if i take him out,i knwo a few peopel that have them too,and theyrs have calmed down alot after a few weeks,and also love being handled.all animals differ i guess.iv seen a 3 1/2 foot iguana once,amazing creature.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile_Man
    yeah il post pics when i get some,but the handling thing,he/she loves it,my brotheres bearded dragon does the same thing,he/she jumpa onto my hand now when i put it in the tank,watches my every move around the room,and wont go back in the tank if i take him out,i knwo a few peopel that have them too,and theyrs have calmed down alot after a few weeks,and also love being handled.all animals differ i guess.iv seen a 3 1/2 foot iguana once,amazing creature.
    ReptileMan27 was referring to Water Dragons specifically, as being shy. Bearded Dragons, what you're taking about in the above post, are known to be social lizards... did you mean to say in the title of your thread that you bought a Bearded Dragon instead of a Water Dragon?
    --Kim
    1.0.0 Lemon Pastel (Auryn)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AzureN1ght
    ReptileMan27 was referring to Water Dragons specifically, as being shy. Bearded Dragons, what you're taking about in the above post, are known to be social lizards... did you mean to say in the title of your thread that you bought a Bearded Dragon instead of a Water Dragon?
    nope,i forgot a bit oin the last post,,what i meant to say was that my brothers bearded dragon does the same as the water dragon i just got.or my water dragon does the same as my bros bearded dragon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile_Man
    nope,i forgot a bit oin the last post,,what i meant to say was that my brothers bearded dragon does the same as the water dragon i just got.or my water dragon does the same as my bros bearded dragon.
    Oooh, okay...so the behaviors are similar... thanks I was confused.
    --Kim
    1.0.0 Lemon Pastel (Auryn)

Thanks

he even took a cricket or 2 from my hand lastnight so he isnt to afraid of peoples.if he was afraid or shy,he wouldnt have took it from my hand.i didnt think he would,but its a trick some peopel use to help tame them down a bit.and it seems to have worked for them and ,my friends dragons.either way ots pretty cool.
    one thing though,some lizards tails come off if theyr pulled or if they think theyr in danger,but oi knwo they grow back, i wonder does the same thing happen with water dragons.i dont hold him by the tail, its just more curiousity im asking.