Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,862

0 members and 2,862 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Jungle prices

Thanks

Jungle prices

How much is the average cost for a very yellow and black year old jungle? I hear that the brighter the yellow is, the more the cost goes up. Is this accurate? Thanks guys and girls.
    Be good to your family.

Thanks

Re: Jungle prices

well notoriety is the key to high price jungles. there are a few lines out there that produce some spectacular jungles and i'd say the most well known ones are the ones that will command the highest prices... if you were to look for some high contrast babies with nice looking parents though you may be able to get a real stunner for like $150 from joe shmo at your local herp show.

andrew hare and australian addiction are two places that come to mind that have super high quality jungles though, so i'd check with them on prices. additionally there are some other BP.net members here that have some great JCP's too.

a quote i recently saw... "good jungles aren't cheap and cheap jungles aren't good!"

Thanks

although I don't agree with that statement "good jungles aren't cheap and cheap jungles aren't good!" there is a range of prices from $125 to $450 for new babies. I happen to own Jungles from both breeders mentioned and their colors have come in variably and all are '06 babies. So I would recommend to always try to see the parents and past offsprings if possible and or wait until the babies have reached 1 year. The only problem with that is that most don't hold on to their babies that long. One thing that has come up on another forum is one guy bought one of the last babies of a clutch of Jungles and it "turned" out to be probably the best of them all. I have a Jungle from AAR that when he was being sold in with the other babies at the show I could see his glowing pattern from a long distance over his clutchmates. Til this day he is the best colored so far and happens to be my best cooperative model. fyi, I have paid for mine in the range of $125 for 1 that is stripped and about $300 each for the others. I went this route in order to get as pure Jungles as possible and was willing to pay for their bloodlines. But I have seen many that are in the $100-200 range that are just as beautiful and colored like mine.

hope this helps

Charlie

Thanks

I think it depends on who you buy from, really I'm fairly sure that I paid slightly above the "going rate" to get a handsome boy from a well-known, well-respected breeder. I don't regret paying more for a quality animal from quality people.

You also have to consider gender. Female Pastels are still pricier than males, so the quotes you've been getting so far might not be completely accurate--those sound more like quotes for males.
    --Kim
    1.0.0 Lemon Pastel (Auryn)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I think this has been pretty well covered, but I will throw in my .02. With jungles it is difficult to get really nice ones for a decent price. The reason is because you never really know how good they will look until they have shed quite a few times, anywhere from 1 year to 2 years. One of our best females was still a little iffy colorwise at 1 year (Opal, pic below), but after about 18 months it was obvious that she was a keeper. On the other hand, one of our best jungles that we have, I bought in a lot of babies and only paid $55 for (Skunk, pic below). For sure was the best $55 I have ever spent!!! But to find those deals it takes a lot of time and connections. Making those connections is the most worthwhile part in my mind. Anyway, here are the three best ways to get a killer jungle in my mind:

1) Pay top dollor for 2 or 3 from top breeders (expect $350-$500 a piece) and you should end up with at least one that will knock your socks off, and by a year or two later you could probably sell the other two and make your money back and still have the trophy jungle.

2) Buy a pair of average to above average looking adults or sub-adults and produce your own clutch. This will also be a bit pricey and take some looking, but once you have a clutch you will be able to pick out the best and sell the rest to make your money back, and probably even make a profit.

3) Become a bargin hunter. Make friends with smaller breeders/first time breeders and do what you can to get one of the first picks from their clutches. Also, just watch the classifieds every day and when you get to where you can see a good deal, jump on it right away. This method is probably the most risky as far as getting a trophy, but it could also be the cheapest.

Opal

Skunk

P.S. Skunk and Opal were breeding this morning...fingers are crossed on that one!!!

Thanks

EDIT: Wow, I'm an idiot...by "Jungle" I thought that he was asking about "Jungle Pastel" BP's--I didn't even look at the section it was posted in. My apologies!
    --Kim
    1.0.0 Lemon Pastel (Auryn)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AzureN1ght
    EDIT: Wow, I'm an idiot...by "Jungle" I thought that he was asking about "Jungle Pastel" BP's--I didn't even look at the section it was posted in. My apologies!
    Kim, I believe what you have contributed still is good.

Ben, maybe one of my 3 wishes is going to come true. Come on Opal stop playing soooo hard to get already.

Charlie

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Charlie,

I pulled her out today and gave her a good lookover, and I am now leaning toward believing that she just isn't going to go this year. Hopefully she will prove me wrong and go late, but I don't have my hopes up very high now. Will more than likely have to wait for next year