Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,892

2 members and 2,890 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Only 2 more days....

Until I pick up my pair of bredli. I am SO darn excited I can't wait. I bought the pair in late February and we decided to not ship and just wait for the local herp show this weekend.

I did have time to get two nice cages set up for them, so that helps. And I know the cages are temp stabilized since they've been up and running for a few weeks (yeah, I've been looking at them every day and marking the calendar!).

I've always loved aussie pythons and am so glad that I can get a pair of these guys now.

Deb

iHerp. Do you?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Only 2 more days....

Very cool. Are you getting them from Nick? Well, post some pics when you get them!!! And congrats...they sure are cool snakes!!!

Thanks

Please post pics!! I want to see too!

Thanks

Yep, getting one of Nick's last pairs from 06. Here are the pics he took of them. I'll take more after they get set up in their cages and get settled.

They're just stunning as they get older so I expect lots of pics to be taken as they change.

Male:

Female:

Deb

iHerp. Do you?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

They look great! We will be watching for more pics over time then!!!

We are crossing our fingers that we will get our first clutch of bredli this year. I sure hope it happens, can't wait to see some little red guys coming out of eggs. Anyway, congrats again, and have fun with them!!!

Thanks

Nice! Good luck with them. Who did you get your pair from? Just wondering if they're Lazik or Price line.

Pictures? These will be my first "big" snakes and I am looking forward to watching them grow.

Deb

iHerp. Do you?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

My partner acutally picked up 2.2 directly from Lazik in 2002. So we were surprised when they didn't go last year, so I sure hope they go this year. Anyway, here are some outdoor pics my partner actually took this last weekend. The first two are of one of our females, and the second two are of our striped male.

Are yours both Price? I like that they have a more spotted pattern, and I think I have seen that more in Price line bredli than I have in Laziks...but I am sure it happens in both. Anyway, keep the pics coming on those two once you get them!!!

Thanks

Very nice! I like the striped, though I still prefer the normal patterned ones. Someday I hope that one of these pairs in the states produces a hypo. Now THAT is stunning bredli.

I will need to confirm with Nick, but I am pretty sure that my male is a Lazik and the female is Price.

On the Morelia forum, there was a thread where we discovered that the head patterns of the two are different. If you look right about the nostrils, the Lazik line has a straight bar, whereas the Price has more of a U shape. Check out the pictures of my two above and you'll see what I mean.

I've also noticed that Lazik animals tend to be more light red/orange and the Price darker red.

Deb

iHerp. Do you?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dalvers63
    On the Morelia forum, there was a thread where we discovered that the head patterns of the two are different. If you look right about the nostrils, the Lazik line has a straight bar, whereas the Price has more of a U shape. Check out the pictures of my two above and you'll see what I mean.
    That is interesting, I hadn't seen that thread yet. Cool stuff, and that seems to be without any exception huh? Wonder what happens when you breed the two lines together? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by dalvers63
    I've also noticed that Lazik animals tend to be more light red/orange and the Price darker red.
    That I have noticed as well. And I for sure agree about the hypos, those are out of this world!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhmorrill
    That is interesting, I hadn't seen that thread yet. Cool stuff, and that seems to be without any exception huh? Wonder what happens when you breed the two lines together? Interesting.
    Yeah, at least from the sample of people keeping them. Across the board, the Laziks had a bar and the Price had the U shape. I don't recall anyone finding different in their collections. Just an interesting piece of information.

deb

Deb

iHerp. Do you?